PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 01:55 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Texting vs. Battery Life. Share your input please

lets see..

sprint stock 6.5/2.5 - launch day device, sept 09
100-200 txts a day easy, sometimes maybe 500 even..
dont keep em very long at all, i delete several times a day usually,never more than a convo or two sitting in my inbox
**i do too many other things to really gauge my battery vs texting**

i get 8-10 hrs religiously.. thats with browsing,streaming,everything..

doesnt really matter..everyones gonna have different experience... none of this says anything bout power settings, polling intervals, signal strength - which all pull on the battery too...

im guessing if you not stop texted, it wouldnt last more than 3-4hrs though...
Old 06-05-2010, 02:31 AM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
but i will admit this is for a reason. i keep sent and received texts for 2 weeks and currently have about 1500 stored on my phone (about 750 in inbox and sent) plus i have my emails synced for the past 30 days. but this definitely causes a lag in any rom (i found this issue with MightyRom Official and Full force, Mr. X rom, and now with the BigMaxSense Rom for Verizon).
Cook a ROM without sense and you shouldn't experience lag in any e-mail or sms app as far as i've seen.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonsnow8 View Post
Cook a ROM without sense and you shouldn't experience lag in any e-mail or sms app as far as i've seen.
your right, i should have been more specific and said a lag with sense. but manila is one of the main reasons i love this phone so i'm not one that would use the phone without it
Old 06-06-2010, 01:16 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

it's amazing how many people care more about the eye candy of the phone, then the functionality.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
it's amazing how many people care more about the eye candy of the phone, then the functionality.
I think that's a fine line, not everyone out is using it for business. it is very much a give a take on it. Ya the more Eye candy you get, you do give on some stability but if it's worth it to you than sure. personally I have never not been able to answer a call or get something critical done because the phone is not happy. it's all about what you can live with.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
battery life, texts