PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 11:16 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ROM questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeephed View Post
Thank, I'm glad you all don't mind the barrage of questions. The ROM's I wanted to try look good for the Verizon TP2, right? I was on a site called "The Wingster" and they had a few cool looking ROM's.
One question though, I think I have the CDMA phone and not the GSM, how do I make sure?
Thanks again for all your help.
Verizon is all CDMA not GSM so you are good staying with CDMA ROM's only.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

Hi, can anyone tell me what is the most strip down sprint rom? I need one that has the least amount of extra stuffs or actually the one that come with most or all of the restrictions by sprint removed.

In another word, a sprint 6.5 rom that is closest to being a purest WM6.5 that still works and supports all the hardware intrinsic to TP2. Thanks

Last edited by wildpig; 05-31-2010 at 12:24 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpig View Post
Hi, can anyone tell me what is the most strip down sprint rom? I need one that has the least amount of extra stuffs or actually the one that come with most or all of the restrictions that is built in by sprint.

In another word, a sprint 6.5 rom that is closest to being a purest WM6.5 that still works. Thanks
you want a stripped down custom rom with all the sprint restrictions? not sure anyone would bother to make somethin like that. what restrictions are you talkin about that you need?
Old 05-31-2010, 12:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
you want a stripped down custom rom with all the sprint restrictions? not sure anyone would bother to make somethin like that. what restrictions are you talkin about that you need?
Thanks dude, edited my post ... Most or all restrictions removed that is...
Old 05-31-2010, 12:15 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Thanks dude, edited my post ... Most or all restrictions removed that is...
do you want one without sense or with sense 2.1 or sense 2.5?
Old 05-31-2010, 12:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker

definitely without sense. That is the first thing i disabled on my sprint TP2. there's already some finger flicking friendliness built into 6.5 compared to 6.1 anyway .

I am all about maximize cpu/ram avail and least amount of restriction possible. I want the maximum flexibility available for me to do whatever I choose...
Old 05-31-2010, 01:08 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
definitely without sense. That is the first thing i disabled on my sprint TP2. there's already some finger flicking friendliness built into 6.5 compared to 6.1 anyway .

I am all about maximize cpu/ram avail and least amount of restriction possible. I want the maximum flexibility available for me to do whatever I choose...
there's several floatin around. here's a good one http://www.mobileunderground.info/sh...t=11951&page=1
Old 05-31-2010, 01:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
there's several floatin around. here's a good one http://www.mobileunderground.info/sh...t=11951&page=1
will chk it out... anyone knows of one on ppcgeeks which has as much restriction from sprint removed as possible? (heh, i guess hard to say how much restriction removed since we don't know them all and of course who doesn't want to remove all restrictions anyway)
Old 05-31-2010, 01:46 AM
VIP Member

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106618
Old 05-31-2010, 10:40 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I believe the below is the most basic and stripped down you are going to get. its setup for android dual boot and it has just enough in it for the phone to function.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113402
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2