PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Windows Mobile 6.5
Carrier: Verizon

jeephed is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ROM questions

Hey guys, I'm kind of at a loss here. I'm having a lot of weird problems with the phone all of a sudden and it dowsn't seem to matter even if I hard reset or not. I'm on the stock ROM (Verizon) with windows 6.5. I can't get any 1% program to load and work, and now my slider won't make any sound.
I downloaded Mighty ROM, Mr. X Rom, and the stock ROM. I tried to install the Mighty ROM and it won't go past 0% and then errors out on me. Not sure what to do here. Any ideas are greatly appreacated.
Thanks guys
Old 05-27-2010, 04:37 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: ROM questions

Have you used the HSPL to unlock your phone first? that would be a required to load custom ROM's.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'll give that a shot tomorrow when I get a chance to play with it. But, um, what does that do exactly? I new to Windows mobile phones, I use Palm for years so I'm not familiar with all the different programs.
THanks for your help.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:12 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeephed View Post
I'll give that a shot tomorrow when I get a chance to play with it. But, um, what does that do exactly? I new to Windows mobile phones, I use Palm for years so I'm not familiar with all the different programs.
THanks for your help.
Basically it unlocks your phone to accepting non-carrier/manufacture ROMs. Without this you can only install ROMs from the factory.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 | DROID X
Carrier: VzW | Mighty ROM | ?

Sapo2112 is keeping up the good workSapo2112 is keeping up the good workSapo2112 is keeping up the good work

Hey Jeephed~
I really suggest taking a peek at the following thread. It will give you all the info you need and will really prevent a lot of frustration in the end. Read up for a day or two, then start flashing away!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95375
Old 05-27-2010, 06:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900, TP2

arn24 is becoming a great contributor

Also, while you will recieve much more detailed information here, youtube was a great place for me to calm my nerves about flashing ROMs. Just search "TP2 ROM flashing" or something along those lines. Watching someone else actually do it made it seem much less intimidating.

Not knocking PPCG, but I know from experience that getting help on those really 'noob' questions can be frustrating.

Good luck!

Aaron
Old 05-27-2010, 06:56 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

Quote:
Originally Posted by arn24 View Post
Also, while you will recieve much more detailed information here, youtube was a great place for me to calm my nerves about flashing ROMs. Just search "TP2 ROM flashing" or something along those lines. Watching someone else actually do it made it seem much less intimidating.

Not knocking PPCG, but I know from experience that getting help on those really 'noob' questions can be frustrating.

Good luck!

Aaron
I think having a visual representation is helpful also...sometimes a lot of the terms or descriptions we use aren't for the basic users.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:03 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

For the 1% battery CABs you'll need to install sdkcerts (attached)
Attached Files
File Type: cab sdkcerts.cab (4.6 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-28-2010, 10:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

You guys are great at this stuff, I will do exactly that. I'll read up for a day or so and then have some better questions for you. As always, thanks for the information.
And I'm a BIG fan of using Youtube as a tutoral site. I did that for Adobe Premire and it was awesome. Thanks for all the great ideas guys.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

OK, first newbie question: What's the difference between the Windows version and the ROM? Is Windows included in the ROM?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2