PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to lock volume buttons while phone is locked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I didn't change anything in the registry just installed and configured it. I have it set to turn off the screen if the power button is pressed and/or I get a text and the proximity sensor is blocked which is one of the main things I like about it because we all know about that issue.
I can push the power button and the screen comes on and it's locked and push the volume buttons and nothing happens. When I unlock it and check the volume is unchanged.

das intersiert mich ;P

aber ,
hier is the cab for those who can not get the volume buttons to lock when s2u2 is activated . Post if you has any problems

You will need this
http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?mo...view&entry=125
Attached Files
File Type: cab elesbb Lock Volume Buttons.cab (1.6 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by elesbb; 09-18-2011 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Better URL
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2

qanda is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
ELESBB....
aber ,
hier is the cab for those who can not get the volume buttons to lock when s2u2 is activated . Post if you has any problems
I downloaded the Mort zip and found the CAB for PPC.
Do I install the Mort CAB first, then the Volume Keys CAB or vice versa?
Once the CABs are installed, do I need to do anything else?
Wll the file associatons be registered by using the CABs?
Will the script be read when S2U2 locks the screen or is there a manual operation that must be initiated?
(That would stink).

I'll wait for your instructions before proceeding.

Regards,
QA

Last edited by qanda; 09-19-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
ever since winmo 6.5.x I've been using the stock lock screen . with my script , its a flawless lockscreen . (in my mind)
ELESBB....Please read above post re: mort script.

I tend to agree that the WM lock screen works every time, but why would you use your script with the WM lock screen when it locks the volume keys anyway?
Did I miss a post? What script do you refer?

I wish there was a way to have the lock screen display more than one appointment. I can live with the drop down Lock icon for mail, calls etc.

HTC said Sprint designed the software that way and they won't change it unless Sprint wants to do it. It would be nice if the WM lock screen would reflect at least the number of appointments waiting to be viewed.

Regards,
QA

Last edited by qanda; 09-19-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:24 PM

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by qanda View Post
I downloaded the Mort zip and found the CAB for PPC.
Do I install the Mort CAB first, then the Volume Keys CAB or vice versa?
Once the CABs are installed, do I need to do anything else?
Wll the file associatons be registered by using the CABs?
Will the script be read when S2U2 locks the screen or is there a manual operation that must be initiated?
(That would stink).

I'll wait for your instructions before proceeding.

Regards,
QA
hey i thank you for not jumping into conclusions and doing things on your own ! thank you !

However,
it doesnt matter which you install first but i did fail to mention you MUST restart your device in order for the script to be ran .

So for instruction purposes follow this:
1. Install mortscript
2. Install my cab
3. Restart phone (simple power off power on will do)
4. Test it out

Quote:
ELESBB....Please read above post re: mort script.

I tend to agree that the WM lock screen works every time, but why would you use your script with the WM lock screen when it locks the volume keys anyway?
Did I miss a post? What script do you refer?
Well yeah i dont use the script posted in this thread, i made another one which would allow you to change the delay time that the screen would shut off , cause without my script , if you recieved a text message while your phone was in your pocket the screen would come on and not shut off until the predetermined time set in the power settings which the lowest was 30 sec. Also , if your screen was on in your pocket and any buttons were getting pressed or the screen was getting pressed the device stayed on no matter what . with my script you could set the delay time to any integer value in seconds . i set mine to 4 sec . so while the phone is locked and off , if the screen turns on , it will power off in 4 seconds regardless what is going on . thus saving MUCH battery .

Quote:
I wish there was a way to have the lock screen display more than one appointment. I can live with the drop down Lock icon for mail, calls etc.

HTC said Sprint designed the software that way and they won't change it unless Sprint wants to do it. It would be nice if the WM lock screen would reflect at least the number of appointments waiting to be viewed.

Regards,
QA
Ha thats a lie . the lockscreen is HIGHLY customizeable . im still goofing around with it . it shouldnt be too hard to add more appointments , i never really keep appointments in my phone so i never encountered this . i personally love the tap to show more feature . let me look into that app number for ya im currently trying to change just the background of the lockscreen to something other than whats on the today screen .
Old 09-19-2011, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thumbs up Re: How to lock volume buttons while phone is locked?

Quote:
However, it doesnt matter which you install first but i did fail to mention you MUST restart your device in order for the script to be ran .

So for instruction purposes follow this:
1. Install mortscript
2. Install my cab
3. Restart phone (simple power off power on will do)
4. Test it out
Ok. So all the file associations are registered through the cabs. Right?
If it does not work well, how do I uninstall the Mort Script, and the Volume Key Lock file?

Quote:
Well yeah i dont use the script posted in this thread, i made another one which would allow you to change the delay time that the screen would shut off , ........ thus saving MUCH battery .
So you had a script to work with the WM lock screen to change the standby delay like S2U2 does?
The Lock options in WM 6.5 will do that, but you are stuck with using a password, and it will lock each time it goes into standby mode. That's fine but not when you need to enter the password every time you want to make a call, or check a message.
Does your script allow the user to set a delay WITHOUT using a password? Will the device lock after the delay?
That would be great.
Would you consider posting the CAB as an option?

Quote:
Ha thats a lie . the lockscreen is HIGHLY customizeable . im still goofing around with it . it shouldnt be too hard to add more appointments , i never really keep appointments in my phone so i never encountered this . i personally love the tap to show more feature . let me look into that app number for ya

That would be great. The stock lock screen is held to one appointment unless you can figure out a way to get more.
S2U2 can display up to 6, so it has to be possible.

Quote:
im currently trying to change just the background of the lockscreen to something other than whats on the today screen .
Hey, that's an easy one if your running 6.5 with the Sense UI or Manila. You can do it via Settings, Menu/AllSettings/Today. Click on the box at the bottom and browse to wherever, and select whatever. I change the background all the time on the Lock screen. It's user selectable.

The TP2 does have some querks, but with some slight fixes, it is a great device.

Your help is super appreciated.

Regards,
QA

Last edited by qanda; 09-19-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Ok. So all the file associations are registered through the cabs. Right?
well the only file associations will be the .mscr which is why you need to install mortscript .
Quote:
If it does not work well, how do I uninstall the Mort Script, and the Volume Key Lock file?
everything is fully uninstallable through settings - remove programs

Quote:
So you had a script to work with the WM lock screen to change the standby delay like S2U2 does?
yes when the device was locked and the screen became active , my script would turn it off after a user defind delay
Quote:
The Lock options in WM 6.5 will do that, but you are stuck with using a password, and it will lock each time it goes into standby mode. That's fine but not when you need to enter the password every time you want to make a call, or check a message.
the WM lock screen would not shut offon its own after the device became active while it was locked . Thus why I wrote the script .
Quote:
Does your script allow the user to set a delay WITHOUT using a password? Will the device lock after the delay?
you can use a program such as lockdevice to lock your device the instant it shuts off (as in standby not power off) my script will then shut the screen off after a preset delay if the screen becomes active say while its in your pocket or something
Quote:
That would be great.
Would you consider posting the CAB as an option?
when I get to school I will link the thread

Quote:
That would be great. The stock lock screen is held to one appointment unless you can figure out a way to get more. S2U2 can display up to 6, so it has to be possible.
oh yessss its possible . If you ever ran an energy rom you will see that he totally redesigned the lockscreen to look like an android lockscreen after I saw that , I knew anything is possible

Quote:
Hey, that's an easy one if your running 6.5 with the Sense UI or Manila. You can do it via Settings, Menu/AllSettings/Today. Click on the box at the bottom and browse to wherever, and select whatever. I change the background all the time on the Lock screen. It's user selectable.
I run titanium , so its not that easy

Quote:
The TP2 does have some querks, but with some slight fixes, it is a great device.

Your help is super appreciated.

Regards,
QA
of course its why im part of the forum !
Old 09-20-2011, 12:36 PM

here is the script i was talking about for the stock windows mobile lockscreen .
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...ed-script.html
Old 09-20-2011, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
here is the script i was talking about for the stock windows mobile lockscreen .
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...ed-script.html
Thanks a lot! I'll try the 'screen-off' script with the stock lockscreen to see how it works. As you suggested, I will use LockDevice also.

Now if we can come up with a way to get more than one appointment on the lock screen, we're rockin!

With your scripts, the device will now dim, go into standby, and lock.
If it wakes, it will go by-by after the delay I set.

Who could ask for more? Me. =D> If you figure out the appointment thing, send me a PM so I will take notice.

Sorry about you having an issue with the background in Titanium. Don't have clue on how to change the background with that one.

Regards
QA
Old 09-20-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Thanks a lot! I'll try the 'screen-off' script with the stock lockscreen to see how it works. As you suggested, I will use LockDevice also.

Now if we can come up with a way to get more than one appointment on the lock screen, we're rockin!

With your scripts, the device will now dim, go into standby, and lock.
If it wakes, it will go by-by after the delay I set.

Who could ask for more? Me. =D> If you figure out the appointment thing, send me a PM so I will take notice.

Sorry about you having an issue with the background in Titanium. Don't have clue on how to change the background with that one.

Regards
QA
Glad you got it working ! i'll take a look into the apt thinger . and as far as changing the background . its easy , but i want titanium background and lock screen background to be diffeerent . why cause im different
Old 09-20-2011, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Glad you got it working ! i'll take a look into the apt thinger .
Thanks. That would cover all the bases: auto-locking, time delay on wake, and for reminders, I use ReRemind.
Once you figure out the appointment thing (and I'm sure you will..=D>),
then the stock Lock screen will be super and I won't need to go back to S2U2 which presented a few issues that could not be resolved.

Quote:
and as far as changing the background . its easy , but i want titanium background and lock screen background to be diffeerent . why cause im different
Apparently so. If you weren't, we would not have those great scripts you wrote which improve the stock Lock, and fix an issue with the volume keys for S2U2 users.

Now we out here in phone land have two ways to go: Improved WM Lock, or S2U2.

Want to consider a new little project? Figure out a way to have the device unlock to the home screen like S2U2.
If the fix was a simple registry entry using a '0 or 1' as the switch, then the user could change it easily, or a cute little GUI like Lock Device.

Regards,
QA

PS: I entered all my Thanks for your posts. Forgot .

Last edited by qanda; 09-21-2011 at 09:21 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2