PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 03:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

teddymen is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: sprint touch pro 2 on boost

I guess I didn't see the answer to "Can a HTC Touch Pro 2 from Sprint be activated with Boost?" I saw a yes and a no answer above. If someone has done this, please provide step by step of how you did it. Thanks.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

Nova999 is a n00b

I have a TP2 on boost. I have mostly everything working except that I cannot receive mms messages. I install a cab and now I can send them but not receive any. Any suggestions.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Magic
Carrier: T-mobile

jasonck08 is a n00b

Not sure, but you could just use google voice if your internet works fine on boost.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova999 View Post
I have a TP2 on boost. I have mostly everything working except that I cannot receive mms messages. I install a cab and now I can send them but not receive any. Any suggestions.
Even getting MMS to work with sprint was a total uphill battle for me, after flashing a new rom. I've been told it woulda gone smoothly if I had task29, then flashed the rom, maybe one hard reset for good luck, run provisioning, and then immediately installed the correct cab, which I believe they said was Flyers2114TweaksSprint_5_0_94_128c.cab .

Here's what got it going for me (the hard way) -
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...86#post1927586

-----------------------
So, bottom line, can someone who knows for sure tell us if you need to do something shady to get TP2 on boost or not? One guy says it involves cloning, but I've also read accounts where people just keep calling up until they get a customer service rep who will blindly accept the MEID of the phone without asking too many questions. (basically saying "I have a replacement phone" they say "what type" you say "I dunno but I have this meid number, want it?" ... they're supposed to be stubborn about the type of phone but you can maybe talk them past that).

Oh, and if it doesn't violate rules, can they point to the guide or post that helped them get it working?
Old 09-06-2010, 02:00 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

OK lets clear some things up.
To get the Sprint TP2 on boost mobile you DO NOT NEED TO CLONE THE ESN. as a certain person here stated which has no idea what he's talking about.

All you have to do is get lucky & get a boost CS rep to activate it without too many questions. just have an existing boost cdma account call the CS and state that your replacing the phone on your account because the old one broke you dont know exact details on the new one just thats a boost phone and that its red or whatever color u want.
This is not illegal.

You do not need to flash anything on your TP2 to make it work on boost mobile. There isnt a boost mobile flash. nor a boost mobile Rom.

To get the internet, sms, phone to work you have to install the latest sprint prl update if your on a custom rom.

To get the MMS to work you have to install the correct mms .cab for it

If anyone wants a detail step by step guide on how to do this or just the guide for the mms cab just requested and ill will do it.

*If i helped feel free to hit the thanks button*

Last edited by masetas; 09-06-2010 at 02:10 PM. Reason: add instant email notification
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work

you DEFINITELY should write a guide. this is a popular question on here and people are getting suckered by these ebay boost rom scams and paying for dinky guides that probably have no more info than... well, what you already just told us for free.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ckn3103 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to ckn3103

If you do successfully get the sprint TP2 working, can you tether with it? I'm thinking about making the move. Also, is the coverage with boost decent?
Old 09-06-2010, 08:03 PM
VIP MVP

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff

Yes you can tether with it i do it everytime i need it and it works fine. The coverage with boost is practically the same since boost cdma works off of sprints cdma network.

Oh yeah im gonna do the step by step guide as soon as i get enough time and request for it.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 --> Htc Evo
Carrier: Boostmobile

Turksborne649 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova999 View Post

Hey nova I got my TP2 on boost with everything working fine...Try this attached cab for your mms it worked for me..If it works let me know...
Attached Files
File Type: cab BoostMMSFix.cab (28.6 KB, 82 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:38 PM
VIP MVP

hey everyone with issues with their tp2 on boost should try looking here for answers
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...42#post1945542
if you have a question just post it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2