PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   sprint touch pro 2 on boost (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=121277)

brka 05-15-2010 03:29 PM

sprint touch pro 2 on boost

hey im new to the forum and i need some help see
i bought a tp2 flashed to boost worked for about a day and a half..now im gettin message when i try to conect to data that says tried to dail #777 and i cant connect..also when i got to make a phone call it asks me if i want to make collect call on so forth..oh and i cant send sms either... it does show my number as my voicemail number..i tried a system reset still the same..any help and will the system reset do anything to the flash that got it on boost im new to all this and im always willing to learn more..i am alittle familiar with unlocking and things like that on other platforms not so much on windows mobile tho..anyhelp would be great thanks !

boredandtattooed 05-15-2010 04:44 PM

Re: sprint touch pro 2 on boost

you cant buy a device flashed to boost.. boost doesnt require flashing.. just simple reprogramming of the esn, meid and such...

you have to have a cdma boost device already active on boost.. then take your clever hacking skills and make your sprint tp2 "seem" like its the cdma boost phone.. thats how it works...

if you dont have a cdma phone on boost already, that your going to switch with, your dead in the water im pretty sure

brka 05-15-2010 06:40 PM

i mean i bought it already "done" reprogrammed it just stopped working any suggestions?

boredandtattooed 05-15-2010 07:53 PM

itll still have the boost progrmming in it.. but wont connect to anything...

...you cannot put a sprint tp2 or any non boost phone on boost, with out cloning the id of the cdma boost device thats already on there.... plain and simple.... doesnt matter if its preprogrammed, you hhave to have a boost account already with another device...

but look, what your asking requires cloning since boost removed their self service tool for esn swaps... we cant talk about cloning, so im gonna drop that part of the convo now...

you either got scammed by someone who knew what they were doing, or you didnt realize you cant use it without an existing boost device already active..

hope that clears it up

pimpsuprazx 05-15-2010 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1754748)
you cant buy a device flashed to boost.. boost doesnt require flashing.. just simple reprogramming of the esn, meid and such...

you have to have a cdma boost device already active on boost.. then take your clever hacking skills and make your sprint tp2 "seem" like its the cdma boost phone.. thats how it works...

if you dont have a cdma phone on boost already, that your going to switch with, your dead in the water im pretty sure

not true, you could have a clean esn sprint phone on the CDMA side to replace your current phone legally

brka 05-16-2010 01:07 PM

well im guessing that thats what he did (activated a boost account and cloned or whatever onto this one) its was working fine for 2 days or so..i was using everything youtube mms sms internet phone calls..it was all working then just stopped..any way im gonna go see the guy on monday..ill post what happens then..

brka 05-16-2010 01:11 PM

also quick question while im on here again im a little new to the win mo scene lets say this gets fixed if i was to throw lets say and android rom on my tp2 will that effect my service in anyway? or any other rom for that matter

brka 05-17-2010 04:19 PM

my sis tried calling me yesterday the call goes through on her end i just never recive it on the phone any ideas on how to fix it:?

navymarvin 05-17-2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brka (Post 1755925)
also quick question while im on here again im a little new to the win mo scene lets say this gets fixed if i was to throw lets say and android rom on my tp2 will that effect my service in anyway? or any other rom for that matter

In order to flash a rom onto your TP2 you need it to be a TP2 rom. there is no way to flash an android rom to your phone you can dual boot your phone (running android from your storage card) I suggest you read through the TP2 android development thread. if you do flash a TP2 rom to your TP2 make sure it works for your sprint service some of them are service specific or GSM, CDMA specific ... Somebody got some reading to do.

brka 05-17-2010 04:47 PM

yeah i do lol thanks to all that have helped so far i look fowrd to learnin this stuff tho..now to fix this freakin service issue