PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Bing for WinMo - GPS issue

Have just ran the Bing (beta)...yes that's the one TODAY. It had no problems getting a lock on me. I use QuickGPS regularly...and most of my GPS "not-locking-issues" goes away after that. IN fact, I'm actually in a concrete type building GPS don't normally get an easy lock.

As for the audio cues for turn by turn...will test that on my way home tonight...but the first couple of prompts when I tried it out this morning were nice and loud. Hopefully the app is accurate.

Rule of thumb for anything apps accessing your GPS radio...should probably be installed on the device. Just a reminder.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
I loaded it and it finds me pretty quickly. I didn't really do anything different to "make it work" or anything. I wish I had an answer for you.
Question. I'm on the Stock 6.5 rom. I hated Bing. Loved the old Live Search.

With this New Voice Turn by Turn update released today, will it actually be the New Bing, or the Old Live Search? The one that listed the gas prices etc?

Reason I'm asking is because I cannot find Live Search Ver 4.6.9179.1 CAb file incase I want to revert back to what I have alreadt
Old 05-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

it would be bing...live search updated before and turned into Bing.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

are u using it outdoors? mines worked perfected found my location in under a minute
Old 05-11-2010, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jj14x is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
Have just ran the Bing (beta)...yes that's the one TODAY.
If you don't mind, could you tell me if the app now allows you to select a contact from the TP2's address book as a destination (when trying to get directions from current location)? I know that the old Live search (default app on the sprint 6.5 ROM) allows me to click "Directions" and then, pick the destination from my contact list - but the previous bing application didn't let me pick from contacts - it forced me to enter the actual destination address. Did they fix that with the current release?

Edit: If they didn't provide integration with contacts now, is the old Live Search application uninstalled when you install this? (or does it allow both apps to co-exist)?

Last edited by jj14x; 05-11-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

snowmaiden11 is becoming a great contributor

Hi everyone - thanks for the help. It started working perfectly when I got home, so I think Bing just hates where I work.

And yes, the new Bing does have full contact integration (can pick a contact for a destination). I don't think it uninstalls previous LiveSearch's but it definitely erases all previous versions of Bing. That being said, with the testing I did in the car about an hour ago, I think this is going to be my new GPS in the car - it did an excellent job of tracking my position in real time and took virtually no time at all to reroute me when I went off it's path. I've had issues with more traditional GPS systems not wanting me to take different routes.

But alas, no more gas prices (at least not where I can see...if someone else finds them, let me know!)
Old 05-11-2010, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jj14x is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmaiden11 View Post
And yes, the new Bing does have full contact integration (can pick a contact for a destination).
Woohoo!!! Thank you!!! (About time they fixed it)
Old 05-11-2010, 09:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

kitts is keeping up the good workkitts is keeping up the good work

It took long time to find the Location the first time, but then it was fast to find. Great app, but little slow response in some screens.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Is there a link to the beta or is it the one you download at m.bing.com/download?
Old 05-12-2010, 04:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon via NRG

spambusterdave is keeping up the good workspambusterdave is keeping up the good workspambusterdave is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
Is there a link to the beta or is it the one you download at m.bing.com/download?
It "should" tell you there is an update available when you start it.
YMMV..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2