PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

snowmaiden11 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bing for WinMo - GPS issue

Has anyone tried using the updated Bing! for WinMo? It says it's capable of turn-by-turn voice navigation and early reports say it's pretty decent for a free app. I had no issue installing it, but for some reason it's not finding my location at all. I thought it might be a phone issue but Google Maps is pinpointing me without any problem. It's using the "GPS Intermediate Driver" - should I put it on a different setting?

Is anyone else having this issue?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

brokensparrow is just getting started
Re: Bing for WinMo - GPS issue

Sometimes I have that issue. I reset the phone and it works again.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: VERIZON

JHABET is a n00b

I had to turn my bluetooth on for it to use the GPS on my TP2. It was the only way i could get it to work.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hmm...I tried both options and nada. Still stuck on the "Locating..." screen. Anyone else have any ideas? Having voice navigation without having to pay for Sprint Navigation would be awesome, so I really want this new Bing to work
Old 05-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmaiden11
Hmm...I tried both options and nada. Still stuck on the "Locating..." screen. Anyone else have any ideas? Having voice navigation without having to pay for Sprint Navigation would be awesome, so I really want this new Bing to work
Try updating QuickGPS and see if that helps.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Also, if I have trouble getting a lock for some reason I exit the app first. Then I run cleanRam. Then I reopen the app and try again. That seems to always work.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the suggestions - nothing seems to be working :/ Anyone else try the NEW bing (came out today) and have any problems?
Old 05-11-2010, 04:12 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

I loaded it and it finds me pretty quickly. I didn't really do anything different to "make it work" or anything. I wish I had an answer for you.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 05-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

I suggest you uninstall it then soft reset and then re-install.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:05 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post

I suggest you uninstall it then soft reset and then re-install.
i have mine on mainmem with no issues so maybe try that too.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2