PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 02:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO (Diamond Pro)
Carrier: Sprint

lion75y is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Petition for hotfix - SMS [winmo 6.5 / Sprint]

This problem has to do with WM6.5 it is nothing else. Its not Sense, and its not the amount of text that u reveice or send it has an issue from the actual WM6.5. As other of us have try to fix it even with a custom ROM looks like there has not been a fix for it yet. Either wait another 2 or 3 months or just waint until the end of the year to obtain WM7
Old 05-11-2010, 02:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

bloodhound3785 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
I got it man LOL. You must be lucky then, the only time I never got lag was only on a fresh reflash.

The same time thing=network, phone locking up when you have too many txts...same happened to me, just have to clear them. I used to have over 2k on my phone and everyone here drilled mt to erase them. And lastly, texting in the manila pane is a bit slower than in the classic window (press all messages). I noticed that if you stay in the same pane and let the txts accumulate, you have to go to all txts so it doesnt say you have 86 unread then go back into the thread you were in.

Like i said, I blame the network and the OS. The only people (on sprint) i hear of with less (but still have issue with sms) are blackberry users. My Hero has the delayed text issue but without the device lag

**If i still didnt try to even discuss your question right yet then i give up! I tried :P
I completely avoid sense for texting - I go straight to winmo all messages screen.

The only delay comparable to what you mention i received was when i used sense for sending messages. Other than that the messages are received (perceived) to be sending realtime and received realtime.

Your feedback is appreciated regardless of if your on the right topic or not (but we are)
Old 05-11-2010, 02:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bloodhound3785 is a n00b
Smile Re: Petition for hotfix - SMS [winmo 6.5 / Sprint]

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

300+ texts!?
Why do you have to keep so many?
You see, the sms system was not designed to be used the way you guys are trying to use it. It sounds like you guys are trying to use texts like Instant Messages. That's why IMs were created so there wouldn't be such a build up of saved messages.
Furthermore, you guys can't convince me that you're actually discussing how to cure cancer or some critical information of great emergency that requires you to send over 100 texts in an hour. Just call someone and talk to them if you want or need to have a conversation.
Dude I'm not a serial text collector.

Some thoughts:

So what if we use it for IMing? Its a private conversation between me and person X. Not all people have AOL IM, or Gmail Chat etc.

Example situation: You meet a girl and text her. Are your really going to tell her "hey I need your IM so I can IM you from my phone and oh log into your IM on your phone so we can chat on and off all day long?"

I prefer to text her when she texts me back and forth. Some times I need to reference old msgs she sends.

There isnt a cure for cancer being discussed but there is a cure for when I'm goin to hookup being discussed. Not a conversation I want everyone in the car (family / friends etc) to hear while we're driving.

I do delete the messages but the last thing I want to do in the middle of a fun / interesting / playfull txt conversation with a girl is to have my phone lock up for 5 mins because I didnt delete the texts she still continuing to send me or lose some of the texts she just recently sent me that we're still talkin about.

There is a place for calls & there is a place for texts. I use both actively.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bloodhound3785 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
sounds like you answered your own question. go back to 6.1/2.1 or ditch sense completely and give mobile shell a try.
Ive been thinkin the same, but really I've gotten accustomed to 6.5. Lock screen, start menu, weather on home screen etc. Just more creature comfort oriented.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bloodhound3785 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
hahaha, see
lol I know, its like we're requesting / doing something completely unreasonable
Old 05-11-2010, 02:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bloodhound3785 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lion75y View Post
This problem has to do with WM6.5 it is nothing else. Its not Sense, and its not the amount of text that u reveice or send it has an issue from the actual WM6.5. As other of us have try to fix it even with a custom ROM looks like there has not been a fix for it yet. Either wait another 2 or 3 months or just waint until the end of the year to obtain WM7
I suspect u r right as my friend with the TP and custom 6.5 rom has the same issue.

I dont want to be an early adopter of WP7, would prefer to use 6.5 for a little bit still.

Maybe if we petition we can get a hotfix faster than 2-3 months?
Old 05-11-2010, 03:35 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodhound3785 View Post
Ive been thinkin the same, but really I've gotten accustomed to 6.5. Lock screen, start menu, weather on home screen etc. Just more creature comfort oriented.
but if the functionality is suffering because of the eye candy...
have you tried any of the 2.5 custom ROMs. i think they do better with the lag than sprint stock. personally, i don't use sense, and have not had that problem, but I don't get 100 texts an hour. i'm lucky to get 20 all day.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:49 AM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

300+ texts!?
Why do you have to keep so many?
You see, the sms system was not designed to be used the way you guys are trying to use it. It sounds like you guys are trying to use texts like Instant Messages. That's why IMs were created so there wouldn't be such a build up of saved messages.
Furthermore, you guys can't convince me that you're actually discussing how to cure cancer or some critical information of great emergency that requires you to send over 100 texts in an hour. Just call someone and talk to them if you want or need to have a conversation.
Oh gawd, you're one of those...
Old 05-11-2010, 04:08 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSD View Post
Oh gawd, you're one of those...
i am one of these guys too, but 300 is not that many. i usually have about 2k and then finally clean it up. actually ill only delete them all when my sms starts to get slow.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2