PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 12:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bloodhound3785 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Petition for hotfix - SMS [winmo 6.5 / Sprint]

Hey Guys,

Is there any way we can petition a fix from HTC / Sprint for this?

I am really annoyed with the sms in 6.5 getting ridiculously slow and unusable once it gets over a few hundred txts messages.
Just some issues:
Locks up for 2-5 minutes of complete unusability if the text messages get to high (> 300?). The more the text messages, the longer the lock up time.
If two people send messages at virtually the same time phone locks up
If the same person sends multiple messages phone locks up
If your trying to switch from text messaging to something else & have high number of text messages = locked up phone
Texting two people and jumping back and forth between their sms = locked up phone

I can end up with a [few] hundred txt messages in less than an hr. I dont want to keep deleting txts in the middle of me actually texting, which the phone locks up in trying to do anyway...

Its the only real thing thats driving me insane....
Old 05-11-2010, 12:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bloodhound3785 is a n00b
Re: Petition for hotfix - SMS [winmo 6.5 / Sprint]

I have sprint, not sure if this is the issue across all carriers....
Old 05-11-2010, 12:46 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Unfortunately, its a few issues. Its the coding within windows itself, the hardware sucks monkey nuts and the network for whatever reason cant handle mass texting. The trade off though is fast internet and no dropped calls. If you want the texting, gotta go to ATT.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bloodhound3785 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
Unfortunately, its a few issues. Its the coding within windows itself, the hardware sucks monkey nuts and the network for whatever reason cant handle mass texting. The trade off though is fast internet and no dropped calls. If you want the texting, gotta go to ATT.
Had same phone with winmo 6.1 & sense 2.1 & never deleted a single text, never had any issues like these either...txting ran smooth before software upgrade...same sprint network

Im certain I dont have to goto AT&T to get this resolved...
Old 05-11-2010, 01:07 AM
Master Kimosabi

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have had a TP, I now have both a TP2 and a Hero. I have about 7 friends with different devices on sprint which leaves me to believe that it is mostly the network.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bloodhound3785 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
I have had a TP, I now have both a TP2 and a Hero. I have about 7 friends with different devices on sprint which leaves me to believe that it is mostly the network.
Im not sure if you understand my post or are thinking of the same thing.

I have TP2, brother has TP2, friends have TP, Moto Q, Sis on Treo 650WX, etc etc etc, seriously the list is long. No one has these issues except for me & my bro who both have TP2 & my friend who has TP running custom 6.5 rom. (All of us on Sprint)

Txting was not an issue before the 6.5 & sense 2.5 upgrade at all (bro, my, TP friends). Worked great for me(was running GT2L cab on TP2 at that point). My brother had 3k txts that tried to d/l to his TP2 from myphone, after the upgrade. He says same thing. Txting is laggy, TP2 before upgrade was fine.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:29 AM
Master Kimosabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodhound3785 View Post
Im not sure if you understand my post or are thinking of the same thing.

I have TP2, brother has TP2, friends have TP, Moto Q, Sis on Treo 650WX, etc etc etc, seriously the list is long. No one has these issues except for me & my bro who both have TP2 & my friend who has TP running custom 6.5 rom. (All of us on Sprint)

Txting was not an issue before the 6.5 & sense 2.5 upgrade at all (bro, my, TP friends). Worked great for me(was running GT2L cab on TP2 at that point). My brother had 3k txts that tried to d/l to his TP2 from myphone, after the upgrade. He says same thing. Txting is laggy, TP2 before upgrade was fine.
I got it man LOL. You must be lucky then, the only time I never got lag was only on a fresh reflash.

The same time thing=network, phone locking up when you have too many txts...same happened to me, just have to clear them. I used to have over 2k on my phone and everyone here drilled mt to erase them. And lastly, texting in the manila pane is a bit slower than in the classic window (press all messages). I noticed that if you stay in the same pane and let the txts accumulate, you have to go to all txts so it doesnt say you have 86 unread then go back into the thread you were in.

Like i said, I blame the network and the OS. The only people (on sprint) i hear of with less (but still have issue with sms) are blackberry users. My Hero has the delayed text issue but without the device lag

**If i still didnt try to even discuss your question right yet then i give up! I tried :P

Last edited by aman1127; 05-11-2010 at 01:39 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:41 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

300+ texts!?
Why do you have to keep so many?
You see, the sms system was not designed to be used the way you guys are trying to use it. It sounds like you guys are trying to use texts like Instant Messages. That's why IMs were created so there wouldn't be such a build up of saved messages.
Furthermore, you guys can't convince me that you're actually discussing how to cure cancer or some critical information of great emergency that requires you to send over 100 texts in an hour. Just call someone and talk to them if you want or need to have a conversation.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:45 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodhound3785 View Post
Had same phone with winmo 6.1 & sense 2.1 & never deleted a single text, never had any issues like these either...txting ran smooth before software upgrade...same sprint network

Im certain I dont have to goto AT&T to get this resolved...
sounds like you answered your own question. go back to 6.1/2.1 or ditch sense completely and give mobile shell a try.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:46 AM
Master Kimosabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

300+ texts!?
Why do you have to keep so many?
You see, the sms system was not designed to be used the way you guys are trying to use it. It sounds like you guys are trying to use texts like Instant Messages. That's why IMs were created so there wouldn't be such a build up of saved messages.
Furthermore, you guys can't convince me that you're actually discussing how to cure cancer or some critical information of great emergency that requires you to send over 100 texts in an hour. Just call someone and talk to them if you want or need to have a conversation.

hahaha, see

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2