PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

buckrub58 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Phone as modem not working

Try this free wi-fi router, works great.
Attached Files
File Type: cab HTC Wi-Fi Sharing.cab (169.9 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-12-2010, 03:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

jejb is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerfudpucker View Post
Bust out your plastic and get WMWiFiRouter, works great and you pay $23 only once. I have used it since my Mogul days and 12 phones later it still works flawlessly with status/speed info and only takes 2 min to load with 2 cabs(program and license cab). Updates are included. I dont know why people keep wanting to deal with the hastles of setting up a "free teathering app" when a one time $23 charge can cure it period. They have a 30 try before you buy, two clicks you got a hotspot via usb/bluetooth/wifi. The time you took to read this reply you could have been done already.
Thanks. I guess I should try their trial version, but I don't think that's the solution I'm looking for. I already am able to turn my TP2 into a wireless hotspot with some of the free programs I've found here. The problem is a wireless hotspot/router to a device that doesn't have a connection to the internet is not much good. Part of the requirements for WMWifeRouter is: "An installed and working version of Internet Sharing". Mine is not working to get connected, which is my base problem.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:56 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

have you tried to flash your phone back to stock 6.1? that might solve your problems.

sorry, tried to upload it here, must be too big of a file. you can go here and get it:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91940

it's the first sprint ROM, just under the verizon one.

Last edited by nrfitchett4; 05-12-2010 at 03:59 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:31 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jejb View Post
Part of the requirements for WMWifeRouter is: "An installed and working version of Internet Sharing". Mine is not working to get connected, which is my base problem.
Well, I would give it a shot, but the issue sounds like a bad flash. I am running a stock sprint 6.5 and it works fine, and any other Rom I have used has worked with no issues.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 05-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

bdruff is a n00b

I had the same problem. I use this as the app. It looks like the other internet sharing icon but has a second drop down box.

first box (pc connection) should be set to usb
second box (network connection) needs to be changed from phone as modem to "sprint"

I accidently changed my password playing with it and got the error 67.

I called sprint and told them what I was doing and they said they dont allow using the phone as a modem.

I didn't know I couldn't untill they told me. I asked to be transfered to tech support. I told tech support i couldn't log onto the internet from the phone.

The user name and password is from sprint

Tech support had me dial ##3282#

That took me to another page where they gave me a code to unlock the page

They reset the username and password for me on their end.

it was like my name then 12345609@sprintpcs.com
the password was random too

I did a hard reset and installed the internet sharing app again and viola.. works perfect.

hope this helps.

Don't tell them you are using it as a modem... just say you cant get onto the internet from the phone. Have them reset the username and password for vision.

Also, make sure your wifi is turned OFF on your computer
Attached Files
File Type: cab ICS_and_WModem_Fix.cab (84.8 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by bdruff; 05-12-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:56 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

jejb is a n00b

Man, this is frustrating. I've been trying to install some of the other ROM's, but my XP Thinkpad and our Win7 laptop both have fits about the hard SPL unlock programs. They come up as viruses, trojan horses, etc. Just one thing after another. I'm going to try another hard reset and try Boo Boo's method one more time with a twist of trying to have a data connection already open before starting the IS app. If that doesn't work, it's back to trying to get the phone unlocked so I can load a ROM.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:41 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

jejb is a n00b

Finally got it working. The plan in my last post worked. I just have to remember to get a data connection open before kicking off Internet Sharing and plugging the cable into the computer. I can do that by either going into comm manager and turning on Data Connection, or bringing up a website on a browser.

Thanks for everyones help. I appreciate it all the effort to help me resolve this. Now I can get on with customizing the other parts of the phone.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: sprint

RadarRider is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
doesnt matter, 6.1 0r 6.5, no any Chef or ROM...this cab still works everytime..been usuing this cab for 2 yrs without fail or charges
Hard reset, installed this cab. My choice of network is "<none>"

Sorry man, this cab doesn't work on new phones from Sprint now, so quit saying it's so great. maybe if you're upgrading from older ROM it's fine and maybe if I install downloaded ROM. But fact is that it's not working on from Sprint stock. I might try downloading the "stock ROM" and see it it'll take from that, but thought others with replacement phones that can't get it to work, go ahead and punt on Tattooed's cab. It's from the Diamond, so looks like it might be showing its age.

The registry edits require the quotes in "Sprint" to be there for mine to work ples start a internet connection first and goto "tools" icon for ICS.--RR

Perma thanks to No2Chem, Colonel, Stroths, and others.

Last edited by RadarRider; 06-01-2010 at 01:53 PM. Reason: typo

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2