PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2010, 09:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jejb is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone as modem not working

Sprint just replaced my TP with a TP2. It has the latest 2.04.651.4 ROM and Windows Mobile 6.5. I'm trying to get the tethering/phone as modem working. But I'm getting "67 Registration" errors anytime I actually try to connect. I've searched the forums and tried evertything I could find on this, like the steps outlined below. But everytime I soft boot the phone, the ForceCellConnection goes back to "phone as modem". Apparently, this stuff is getting forced there in the boot up routines? Is there some way around this?

I really need to get this working, so am open to ANY suggestions, like different ROM's, etc. Does anyone have this working with the latest Sprint ROM?

Thanks in advance for any help.

- Enable USB Teathering -
1. Go to: [HKLM\Services\CMGuardian]
2. Create a new DWORD Value called "Flags" and set the value data to "4"
(if it is already there then skip)
3. Softreset
4. Go to: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
5: Delete the "isext.dll" entry
6. Go to: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings]
7. Change "ForceCellConnection" from "PhoneAsModem" to "Sprint"
8. Softreset

Install ICS and WModem Fix.cab
Old 05-09-2010, 11:10 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Phone as modem not working

doesnt matter, 6.1 0r 6.5, no any Chef or ROM...this cab still works everytime..been usuing this cab for 2 yrs without fail or charges
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tethering.zip (1.4 KB, 70 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-09-2010, 07:14 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

jejb is a n00b

Thanks for the idea. I've done several hard resets today, trying different configurations/methods. I am able to get the steps under the "enable tethering" part of my first post to stick now, but I still get the same "67" errors when trying to connect via the Internet Sharing program.

I also tried Tattoed's cab after a hard reset, but it deleted the Internet Sharing program altogether. So that was a no-go, unless I need to use some other method/program to connect with after using that cab?

Again, is there a different/older ROM I can install to get this working? I don't care about having the latest release, especially if it means not being able to tether.

Again, is there anyone that is able to tether with this release of Sprint's ROM?
Old 05-09-2010, 10:23 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

im runnin the stock 6.5 rom man.. upgraded from 6.1 like most.. this is same cab ive used every time.. you dont go change the registry then do the cab... the cabs do the reg stuff for you.... especially if you hard reset, you shouldnt of had issues after the cab..
Old 05-09-2010, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO 1250

Rippa_MD is keeping up the good workRippa_MD is keeping up the good work

Mr. X custom 2.5 rom for the win. I'm tethering now, no problems.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:48 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

first off...ICS_WModem fix actually gives you ANOTHER interner share icon. Use the one that ONLY allows Sprint as your data connection. You don't need all those other regedits to get things going.

Secondly, there is also an app called WMWifiRouter. It is now a paid app. Once upon a time, it was free. I'm sure if you searched/googled enough you'll run across a free/OLDER version. I personally suggest paying for it...because it is worth what you pay AND THEN SOME!

Lastly, before you do anymore...I'd say clear storage (hard reset) and start over fresh.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Sgabert is a n00b

I have this same problem. I had a diamond that did not have this problem with 6.5, so I'm confused about what it could be
Old 05-10-2010, 07:57 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

jejb is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippa_MD View Post
Mr. X custom 2.5 rom for the win. I'm tethering now, no problems.
Thanks. I'll see if I can find it.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:03 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

jejb is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
first off...ICS_WModem fix actually gives you ANOTHER interner share icon. Use the one that ONLY allows Sprint as your data connection. You don't need all those other regedits to get things going.
Yes, I understand it gives me a 2nd IS icon. I deleted the old one first from Windows/Start Menu. But I get the "67" errors with the created one, too. But most threads I've seen that install that cab also mention the regedits, so I've been doing those. Maybe I'll try it just on it's own.

Quote:
Secondly, there is also an app called WMWifiRouter. It is now a paid app. Once upon a time, it was free. I'm sure if you searched/googled enough you'll run across a free/OLDER version. I personally suggest paying for it...because it is worth what you pay AND THEN SOME!
I thought that was just to provide a wireless connection to my laptop, not a connection to Sprint. I'll have to look into it some more.

Quote:
Lastly, before you do anymore...I'd say clear storage (hard reset) and start over fresh.
Yeah, that's where I'm at right now. I did another hard reset after the many attempts I tried yesterday. So the phone is sitting at the factory load right now, with minor stuff like contacts loaded, regedit installed, etc.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:06 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

jejb is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgabert View Post
I have this same problem. I had a diamond that did not have this problem with 6.5, so I'm confused about what it could be
I called Sprint support and the tech told me that as of Feb, they no longer allow tethering on the new phones. So I wonder if there's something deeper at work here in the ROM that nobody has ferreted out yet.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2