PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (Sprint CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Nerva is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Upgrades for Sense Weather tab?

I followed the instructions and got it working as a tab, but when I go to Sense settings for tabs, it only shows two tabs now -- one is blank, the other is Today -- the normal tabs have all disappeared from the list (although they're still there on the tab bar).
Old 05-15-2010, 09:04 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

weather panel is a home screen plugin technically... if you turn off sense, titanium, and use the standard window hhome screen it should show if you goto settings>today>items>weather panel...

WEATHER PANEL IS NOT AN APP.. nor will it become a manila tab... we used to use this on 6.1 with secontoday.. where second today ran the weatherpanel plugin..

you want stand alone weather radar, doppler, etc.. its at the bottom

also.. you can add any city you want to your already stock weather tab if you use the database editor... ***someone please post that database cab, as im eating dinner and cant search right this sec**

most of us stopped using weather panel well over a yr ago.... it had a memeory leak from switch its host site, there was a fix.. but then titanium came around and most of us used the app above after that
Attached Files
File Type: cab GPSWeatherRadar_1_5.CAB (280.1 KB, 33 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 05-15-2010 at 09:08 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Will check this out. I am a long-time weatherpanel (WP) and pocketweather (PW) user/Beta tester. The developer for weatherpanel was called Martian (I believe) and he vanished at one point, but there has been an "open source" following of sorts of the program, which was the best at the time. I have successfully installed PW and I have all my old settings. Indeed I do miss the radar. Looks like it installed OK and runs as an application (weather console) and not just as a home screen plug-in.

Seems to be working OK and is updating away.... Looks like they are still actively developing version 2.0+. My old registration key worked fine.

http://forums.sbsh.net/index.php?/fo...pocketweather/

Last edited by jerryyyyy; 05-16-2010 at 01:56 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

mcop10 is just getting started

I have been a long time Weather Panel user and have been using Weather Panel with my TP2 since I got it. The stock HTC weather tab is lame and was definitely lacking when compared to the info Weather Panel provides. It took a little bit of work but I have WP nicely integrated with Sense. I had been meaning to make a post regarding how to do this but it fell through the cracks. I will try and get an instruction post up soon but here are some screen shots showing WP playing nicely with Sense 2.1. There was no WVGA Weather Panel skin that I could find so I edited the Phat Finger IV skin to make it more tab friendly. I got rid of the skin switching between 2 pages and managed to squeeze all relevant info onto one page.

Since I had no need for HTC's weather I also edited the registry to take it off of the home tab for a cleaner look.

Last edited by mcop10; 05-18-2010 at 09:41 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2 VINdows Neo
Carrier: sprint

jefftracy is a n00b

weather panel was my favorite today plugin. i like what you did. great job.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

For the record. This is where Pocket Weather (PW) with Weather Console lives:

http://www.sbsh.net/product.php?id=32

The Weather Console (stand alone product) works on my TP2, but you have to start it as a program. I guess you could start it and leave it run in the background. I saved all my settings from my 6800 and they installed fine... 4 locations and about 7 radars.

The Pocket Weather was the Home Screen Plug-in now clobbered by HTC Sense.

The people who work on this are pretty dedicated (crazy) and there is an active Beta group that I used to follow that became a serious time sink.... which way do you like the wind arrows to point?

Anyway, I am running V2.3.0 (4444). Licensed, not free...
Old 06-14-2010, 12:45 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
For the record. This is where Pocket Weather (PW) with Weather Console lives:

http://www.sbsh.net/product.php?id=32

The Weather Console (stand alone product) works on my TP2, but you have to start it as a program. I guess you could start it and leave it run in the background. I saved all my settings from my 6800 and they installed fine... 4 locations and about 7 radars.

The Pocket Weather was the Home Screen Plug-in now clobbered by HTC Sense.

The people who work on this are pretty dedicated (crazy) and there is an active Beta group that I used to follow that became a serious time sink.... which way do you like the wind arrows to point?

Anyway, I am running V2.3.0 (4444). Licensed, not free...
looked at the weather console program and what an ugly UI. It needs some serious upgrading for most people to consider it at that price point. Weatherbug is free and is much easier to use.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

bndfishing is just getting started

I would love to have this, my iphine friends rub their weather apps in my face all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcop10 View Post
I have been a long time Weather Panel user and have been using Weather Panel with my TP2 since I got it. The stock HTC weather tab is lame and was definitely lacking when compared to the info Weather Panel provides. It took a little bit of work but I have WP nicely integrated with Sense. I had been meaning to make a post regarding how to do this but it fell through the cracks. I will try and get an instruction post up soon but here are some screen shots showing WP playing nicely with Sense 2.1. There was no WVGA Weather Panel skin that I could find so I edited the Phat Finger IV skin to make it more tab friendly. I got rid of the skin switching between 2 pages and managed to squeeze all relevant info onto one page.

Since I had no need for HTC's weather I also edited the registry to take it off of the home tab for a cleaner look.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2