PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (Sprint CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint

Nerva is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Upgrades for Sense Weather tab?

I'm looking for a mod or ROM that upgrades the Sense weather tab to add more locations and features like doppler radar.

I see there's an app called WeatherPanel that seems to add radar and other features compared to the default Sense weather tab, but I get the impression it is a stand-alone app rather than a simple upgrade to the standard weather tab. I also tried installing it on my Sprint Touch Pro2 and it didn't seem to work.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Upgrades for Sense Weather tab?

try this:
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=548023&highlight=weather
Old 05-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Nerva is a n00b

I did the install for that but it didn't seem to change anything. Are you sure it works on a Sprint Touch Pro2?
Old 05-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Back

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

i havent used that personally but it should work. from readin the thread it seems it doesnt change the the original tab it actually adds a new tab. have you checked to see if theres another tab at the end of your slider?
Old 05-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Nerva is a n00b

It looks like the new version is called WeatherPanel_2010 -- has anyone tried it on a TP2?
Old 05-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Back

i have tried weatherpanel by itself and ues it works fine on the tp2.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerva View Post
It looks like the new version is called WeatherPanel_2010 -- has anyone tried it on a TP2?
basically whay your doing is adding a new tab that will show any today menu plugins you wanna run. nice find. going to try for other things...

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 05-15-2010, 02:03 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Nerva is a n00b

Well, I decided to give it another try. This time I did a fresh upgrade with the latest EnergyROM, and the first thing I installed after that was WeatherPanel2010... it didn't give me any errors, and the WP Configure Hourly Fix icon is on the start menu... but after a reboot there's no sign of WeatherPanel itself -- the normal Weather tab is there, but there's no extra tab that I can see, either on the current tab bar or on the full list when I bring up the tab settings.

I used the CAB from the first post in this link:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7357

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Last edited by Nerva; 05-15-2010 at 02:11 AM.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:21 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

if text messages freeze up sense, what do you think doppler radar is gonna do???
why can't you just open weatherbug?

Old 05-15-2010, 05:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Weather panel by itself does nothing from within TF3D. It's an older program and does not integrate well with Sense.

However, did you check out redd214's link? It's basically an integrated weather panel within sense. But you must follow the instructions verbatim for it to work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2