PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Barnaldo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 to Incredible (ok quality pics up)

My wife got an Incredible earlier this week. I haven't spent much time with it yet, but I must say that I'm impressed. It is very thin, so much so that when I compared it to my TP2, for the first time ever I saw the brickish aspects of my phone.

The speed and smoothness when working with the Incredible deserves the "wow!" that reviewers have been giving it as well. My phone does feel more sluggish now.

Still, though, if I had to choose between the two, I would be hard pressed to give up mine, first because of the keyboard (I can type faster on it, and I like not having to lose half of my screen to a virtual keyboard), and then the OS. WM may be old and on its way out, but it's still in my opinion more business centric than any of the other OSs out there.

Needing something to help me manage my business life is what made me start looking at PDAs back in the days when the first Palm came out, and is the reason that I always have my TP2 with me nowadays. Give me the ability to connect to all parts of my Outlook (including Tasks) and I'll take a harder look. Until then, my TP2 suits my needs.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:32 AM
g00s3y

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigo View Post
how does this phone feel in the hands? because i have read about 4 reviews where they note that the phone feels.. cheap what u think?
I definitely doesn't feel cheap to me... It feels so damn thin to me, but I think thats just because of me coming from the TP2. It feels very sturdy, and the rubber-like back is a definite +. I kinda wish the whole back was red like the inside of the back...
Old 05-02-2010, 12:33 AM
g00s3y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaldo View Post
My wife got an Incredible earlier this week. I haven't spent much time with it yet, but I must say that I'm impressed. It is very thin, so much so that when I compared it to my TP2, for the first time ever I saw the brickish aspects of my phone.

The speed and smoothness when working with the Incredible deserves the "wow!" that reviewers have been giving it as well. My phone does feel more sluggish now.

Still, though, if I had to choose between the two, I would be hard pressed to give up mine, first because of the keyboard (I can type faster on it, and I like not having to lose half of my screen to a virtual keyboard), and then the OS. WM may be old and on its way out, but it's still in my opinion more business centric than any of the other OSs out there.

Needing something to help me manage my business life is what made me start looking at PDAs back in the days when the first Palm came out, and is the reason that I always have my TP2 with me nowadays. Give me the ability to connect to all parts of my Outlook (including Tasks) and I'll take a harder look. Until then, my TP2 suits my needs.
The TP2 suited all of my needs also, and with MightyMike's roms it was quick. But this Incredible is incredibly fast. I could never go back to a phone that doesn't have the same responsiveness as this phone does now.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907

Wheres the video in the first post?? When you gunna put it up?

Waiting to see it from a users perspective

Don't click me
Old 05-02-2010, 12:48 AM
g00s3y

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMeli907 View Post
Wheres the video in the first post?? When you gunna put it up?

Waiting to see it from a users perspective
actually uploading it right now... here is another pic to show you happiness lol

Old 05-02-2010, 01:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907
Re: TP2 to Incredible (ok quality pics up) (video uploading 1st post)

Sounds good
Old 05-02-2010, 08:16 AM
g00s3y

Re: TP2 to Incredible (pics) (video link in 1st post)

video has been uploaded, once again sorry for the crappy quality, but the screen doesn't like to play well with my webcam lol.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rigo is keeping up the good workrigo is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00s3y View Post
I definitely doesn't feel cheap to me... It feels so damn thin to me, but I think thats just because of me coming from the TP2. It feels very sturdy, and the rubber-like back is a definite +. I kinda wish the whole back was red like the inside of the back...
thank you.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

meechieervin is keeping up the good workmeechieervin is keeping up the good work

compare to the tp2 hows the sound on it,i had the hd2 and i it really wasnt that loud i hope this is louder than that
Old 05-02-2010, 11:48 AM
g00s3y

Quote:
Originally Posted by meechieervin View Post
compare to the tp2 hows the sound on it,i had the hd2 and i it really wasnt that loud i hope this is louder than that
I would say the sound is just as loud, maybe a little bit louder. I feel that the speaker sounds much clearer, especially in speakerphone mode.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2