PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Howie411 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Do All Roms with Sense 2.5 have a memory leak?

I was using the stock Sprint 6.5 for about 2 weeks, then I switched over to the Energy Rom which I really like, but its driving me crazy that after 5-8 hrs my phone starts running really slow and I need to reboot. Other then going back to Sense 2.1 is there a ROM out there that has this issue fixed?
Old 04-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: Do All Roms with Sense 2.5 have a memory leak?

Out of curiosity, did you notice the leak in the official ROM? I did not use it very extensively and I do not remember if it has this issue as well.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:59 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

I'm getting reallllly tired of hearing memory leak. 90% of those who say it don't know what it means.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie411 View Post
I was using the stock Sprint 6.5 for about 2 weeks, then I switched over to the Energy Rom which I really like, but its driving me crazy that after 5-8 hrs my phone starts running really slow and I need to reboot. Other then going back to Sense 2.1 is there a ROM out there that has this issue fixed?
It all depends on what you consider a memory leak. Most 6.5 2.5 ROMs will idle with everything cached around 65%. I don't notice much lag besides normal load times (1-2 seconds for opera, coreplayer, etc to open).

Take a look at this thread for some objective looks at the different ROMs available:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...highlight=mlin
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSD View Post
I'm getting reallllly tired of hearing memory leak. 90% of those who say it don't know what it means.
Thanks for the ranting post. Care to enlighten us with the proper definition of "memory leak?'
Old 04-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonsnow8 View Post
It all depends on what you consider a memory leak. Most 6.5 2.5 ROMs will idle with everything cached around 65%. I don't notice much lag besides normal load times (1-2 seconds for opera, coreplayer, etc to open).

Take a look at this thread for some objective looks at the different ROMs available:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...highlight=mlin
Right on! That is a great thread!
Old 04-12-2010, 07:06 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Thanks for the ranting post. Care to enlighten us with the proper definition of "memory leak?'
I dont even think people know the definition of the memory leak when they use it...
Old 04-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSD View Post
I dont even think people know the definition of the memory leak when they use it...
Like I said, perhaps you would be willing to educate us...?
Old 04-12-2010, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mjh8812 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to mjh8812

IMO a memory leak would be if you loaded like Opera for instance and u had 80 mb for example free before opening it...when running u had 75 mb free...and then when u closed it u only had 77 mb free...thats what i would consider a mem leak..ive noticed even going through the settings in Manilla or just using the windows lock skyrockets my ram usage and i never get it back...after a fresh boot im about 52% after about 4 or 5 hours use im at like 64% and thats with nothing open and even sometimes a run of a ram cleaning program. and thats on the newest energy, mighty, and mr. x roms..
Old 04-12-2010, 08:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Jaydoggy is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: Do All Roms with Sense 2.5 have a memory leak?

Check out the newest rom from Mr. X on mighty roms website. I have been running it for two days and have been very impressed. Normally, with an older rom, I would go to sleep with 65% memory used and wake up with 85% memory used, with nothing else going on. Since I switched to Mr. X, what I go to sleep with is what I wake up with, virtually no memory leakage. This new rom was specificaly made to address the memory leakage issue. Happy flashing!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2