PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 07:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Iron.Wraith is keeping up the good workIron.Wraith is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stuck at 1xRTT on Sprint tower

I'm only getting 1x speeds on the tower near my home the past 5 days. Everywhere else switches to Ev. It does show "Sprint' as being the network so doesn't appear to be roaming. I've used the Switch Roam cab to force "Home" and get the same result. Do i need the stock Sprint ROM installed when I call them in case they want to run diagnostics on my handset? Thanks

Edit: I get the same result on 3 different ROMs.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:36 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Stuck at 1xRTT on Sprint tower

They may be working on tower or tower has problem, this has happened to me many times at office, Maybe tower is is high traffic area
Old 04-07-2010, 09:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Employee

c0011j is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron.Wraith View Post
I'm only getting 1x speeds on the tower near my home the past 5 days. Everywhere else switches to Ev. It does show "Sprint' as being the network so doesn't appear to be roaming. I've used the Switch Roam cab to force "Home" and get the same result. Do i need the stock Sprint ROM installed when I call them in case they want to run diagnostics on my handset? Thanks

Edit: I get the same result on 3 different ROMs.

What's your address? Or you can PM me. I will check if there is any issues with your closest towers.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:20 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

try a PRL update, not the PRL update through the settings menu but loading the file directly from ##775, or visit your SRC and have a tech do it through SNRMS

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 04-08-2010, 08:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I did a PRL update yesterday eve when I got home from work. A couple of hours later I noticed the Ev was back. Dunno if it was the update or something else but it's working. Thanks all
Old 04-09-2010, 05:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Another thing that may be causing the 1x would be if someone has a Sprint Airave installed in there house. I have one and just found out that the Airave is limited to 1x while a "Sprint" phone is connected to it. If the person that has the Airave didn't go online and setup to have it just do your phone # then it will allow up to I think 20 Sprint phones to connect to it, weather or not they know it or not....but there is a option to lock out other people from using it. I found this out when Sprint released news of the new network extender that is 3G capiable a few days ago. PRL update and or tower matinence can cause that too.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the info Chris. I don't have an Airave and fairly sure my neighbors don't but if it happens again I'll start knocking on their door... lol
Old 04-09-2010, 09:46 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Another thing that may be causing the 1x would be if someone has a Sprint Airave installed in there house. I have one and just found out that the Airave is limited to 1x while a "Sprint" phone is connected to it. If the person that has the Airave didn't go online and setup to have it just do your phone # then it will allow up to I think 20 Sprint phones to connect to it, weather or not they know it or not....but there is a option to lock out other people from using it. I found this out when Sprint released news of the new network extender that is 3G capiable a few days ago. PRL update and or tower matinence can cause that too.
It will allow up to 3 users at one time, no matter what device is in range. You can limit access to it by creating a list of up to 50 approved Sprint PTN's You can dial *99 to see if you are in range and using an Airave.

At OP-usually a PRL update will force the radio back to EV, whenever i have a device come in for that issue, like a WM or Android, ill PRL update it and most of the time it works.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

I have a feeling its the new sprint radio, ive been stuck on 1x a few times with it. then i get sms failures randomly from it.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2