View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 09:46 AM
nxtech3
VIP & Proud Member of CBM

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Stuck at 1xRTT on Sprint tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Another thing that may be causing the 1x would be if someone has a Sprint Airave installed in there house. I have one and just found out that the Airave is limited to 1x while a "Sprint" phone is connected to it. If the person that has the Airave didn't go online and setup to have it just do your phone # then it will allow up to I think 20 Sprint phones to connect to it, weather or not they know it or not....but there is a option to lock out other people from using it. I found this out when Sprint released news of the new network extender that is 3G capiable a few days ago. PRL update and or tower matinence can cause that too.
It will allow up to 3 users at one time, no matter what device is in range. You can limit access to it by creating a list of up to 50 approved Sprint PTN's You can dial *99 to see if you are in range and using an Airave.

At OP-usually a PRL update will force the radio back to EV, whenever i have a device come in for that issue, like a WM or Android, ill PRL update it and most of the time it works.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"