PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VERIZON TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: CRICKET

myfamily31 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I need serious help!! plz someone!!

I recently purchased a touch pro 2. It is a verizon model, I had it flashed to cricket and everything started working fine atleast i thought. Now my phone is telling me that my memory is critically low and my messages dont come in and or send. the apps dont open and i cant turn off the phone.. What can I do to correct this problem? someone please help me.. thank you in advance..
Old 04-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

tone_dog is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tone_dog Send a message via Yahoo to tone_dog
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/1114; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

well how much apps are installed? if it worked before try backing up your important data and hard reseting. did u hard reset after the flash? cooks recomend doing that.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

myfamily31 is a n00b
Re: I need serious help!! plz someone!!

do you think i should hard reset the phone seriously even though its flashed.. I did notice that the phone has a bunch of apps more than usual. what do you honestly think?
Old 04-05-2010, 06:28 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

Doing a hard reset will probably improve your performance dramatically, but there is still tweaks to be done to get your phone running at its optimal level.

When you soft reset, what are your RAM %s at startup?
Old 04-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SPRINT

cmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfamily31 View Post
do you think i should hard reset the phone seriously even though its flashed.. I did notice that the phone has a bunch of apps more than usual. what do you honestly think?
I would absolutely hard reset. You are not going to lose your custom Rom...Just all the extra programs that are causing all the bloat!
Old 04-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

myfamily31 is a n00b

how do I hard reset the phone? and if I hard reset the flashed phone? will i have to do anything else to make it work again?
Old 04-05-2010, 06:39 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

When you hard reset the phone it will return to how it was when you first flashed. By the way, what ROM are you using exactly?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 04-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

You might have to re-program the phone with your carrier.

Start > settings > system > Memory or Clear Storage. type 1234 and clear your storage. This gets rid of EVERYTHING except the operating system.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

myfamily31 is a n00b

I am using the Calkulins v1.6 WWE
Old 04-05-2010, 06:46 PM
You will NEVER know...
Pocket PC: Apache>Touch Pro>Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Psychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIP

If you have problems after hard reseting there are a few people on here who are on Cricket. I used to be and can probably find you the thread with all the settings you need if you lose them. But doing a hard reset should not affect your flash

Hi. I am probably home. I'm just avoiding someone I don't like. Leave me a message, and if I don't call back, it's you.

I think I have a MASSIVE ATTITUDE problem today...whadah you think?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2