PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 12:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Task29...a explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukefan View Post
Uh oh

"Q: OMG, I did Task29 and now I can't bot into windows to flash a new ROM.
A: Establish a active-sync connection by 1) Going into bootloader from power off by pushing and holding Power+Volume down until you see the tricolor screen. Connect your phone to you PC, wait till it says USB on the bottom, flash as normal. Or 2) Place the rhodimg.nbh (orginally named ruu_signed.nbh) on the root of the storage card and go into bootloader using above method."

I did Task29, and my connection to my PC is missing. My Ipod Touch is still able to be recognized so it doesn't seem to be a PC or USB issue. Same USB cord I was using previously for my phone. I get the HTC white screen and no connection at all. I hold the Power and Volume Down button and get nothing , no tri color screen no beeping , no rebooting, just sore fingers. I pull the battery out, wait a minute , put it back in HTC white boot screen and no connection no changes when I hold power and volume down. I don't have a card reader so do I now own an expensive paper weight? Please any help or assistance will be greatly appreciated.
With phone off, push+hold down volume down. Then push+hold power button until tri-color screen. It sounds like you are pushing power button first.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

Dukefan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
With phone off, push+hold down volume down. Then push+hold power button until tri-color screen. It sounds like you are pushing power button first.

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! You made me so happy I peed in someone else's pants. WOO HOO!!!!! I am such a noob and the majority of y'all on here have helped me soooo very much.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

omg. when i put in my batter, it automatically turns on, and nothing happens, cept it says Touchpro2 on the screen. im so effed. anyone help!?

EDIT: Dont try to put ur battery in when it is connected to the computer.. duh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenscivic View Post
On a side note, I told my fiance what I was doing and she said I am officially a nerd, so I punched her in the ovaries and screamed out "Ppcgeeks ROCKS!"

Last edited by YnYng; 04-05-2010 at 12:22 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukefan View Post
Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! You made me so happy I peed in someone else's pants. WOO HOO!!!!! I am such a noob and the majority of y'all on here have helped me soooo very much.
heh, we've all been there before. From the way it's written in the first post, I can see how you might think it was power and then volume. Glad you're up and running.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:29 AM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by YnYng View Post
omg. when i put in my batter, it automatically turns on, and nothing happens, cept it says Touchpro2 on the screen. im so effed. anyone help!?

did u put in bootloader mode? hold down the 'down' button then press the power button til the tri color screen comes on

Old 04-05-2010, 12:39 AM
Lurker

Dukefan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
heh, we've all been there before. From the way it's written in the first post, I can see how you might think it was power and then volume. Glad you're up and running.
I am very grateful. I was worried for a while there but I shoulda known one of the benevolent veterans here, like yourself , would help a green horn like me out. Thank you again and since I forgot to say it in my other posts I will have to make up for it here, GO DUKE GO DUKE GO DUKE!!!
Old 04-05-2010, 12:45 AM
Lurker

Dukefan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by YnYng View Post

Same thing was happening to me. Follow the advice that was given to me. And if it kind of helps you then I am only a semi-noob. YAY graduation may be soon for me! GO DUKE!!!
Old 04-05-2010, 02:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint CDMA Touch Pro 2

mikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to mikedboyd

Anyone know if there is anything really with this, about not having an SD in the phone, with the rhodimg.nbh in the root folder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
i just did task 29 with a rhodimg.nbh on the sd card and it gave issues. id say always remeber to remove the card first if your planning a sd flash afterwards.

Be sure to thank me IF I help .............................
Old 04-05-2010, 08:36 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedboyd View Post
Anyone know if there is anything really with this, about not having an SD in the phone, with the rhodimg.nbh in the root folder?
when i ran the exe for task 29 while there was a rhodimg.nbh on the storage card, as soon as it hit the bootloader mode, it just stopped task29 and started to flash the rom on my card and task 29 failed. i got the message on windows7 the the program had not installed properly. it didnt screw anything up, but deffinitly didnt work right.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:04 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedboyd View Post
He is correct. This RUU first calls a flash, then after does Task29. As apposed to a stock rom, which calls task 28 then calls a flash. Work to make it call task29 first in in progress...
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
task29