PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 03:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tbolt - Bamf Remix 1.6 Oc'ed 1.3,DX - Apex 1.4
Carrier: Verizon

Padron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I need some help (Verizon)

sorry, this might of helped, when i type onscreen or try to use the sliding page bar, with stylus or finger it doesn't respond or if it does i will type "e" and it will be "w"
or i tap 2 and it makes it a 1. it is mostly on the left side but the far right does it about half as much. ive aligned teh screen like 10 times by now. never had this problem before with the other 2. i still have the other 2 tp2's i didn't send them back yet and i tried this on those and they are fine. so i know it isn't the Operator

yeah im going to the store today also, i have to take the day off work freakin nice, i just cant take a part day so might as well be a Saturday
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

verizon's policy is if you get 3 replacements in 90 days then you can get a another device. There isn't anyway around it. Honest you haven't had that many replacements. Some people with moguls had replacements in the 10s.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMeli907 View Post
Would they be comparable phones, or would they be dumbphones? I would really like the Droid if I could get it
comparable phones. i had a 6700 and they gave me a touch pro

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: VERIZON

JHABET is a n00b

Verizon made us go through 4 refurbs on my wifes phone before the gave us another phone but she had a Blackberry Curve. Tried to have them give us a TP2 instead but only upgraded her to a Blackberry Tour instead of the Curve.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907

Ok so I went to Verizon. The guy there said I have 3 options.

1. Keep getting refurbsihed phone after refurbished phone until my contract is up (Another year and a half)

2. Pay the early termination fee and get another 1 or 2 year contract

or

3. Buy a different refurbished "like new" device (Droid was $269.99)

Apparently Verizon no longer does the 3 defective devices until you get a new phone. The representative said "Verizon gave way with that policy months ago.."

So now I am stuck with getting refurbished phones after refurbished phones. They placed an order for another refurb that will arrive Wednesday. There is no way I can transfer phones. There is no way I can get a new phone, no matter how many phones I go through.

I posed the question, what if at the end of having this phone a year (September) I have had 12 refurbished phones, would something that extreme qualify as getting a different phone. His answer, "No."

Don't click me
Old 04-03-2010, 07:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

azclown is keeping up the good workazclown is keeping up the good work

When you talk to them, do not settle for their answers.... keep saying that what they are doing is NOT acceptable, and that you want a different device or you will cancel the contract... you have sufficient reason to cancel it since they are not giving the service that you are paying for..... keep going UP the ladder, and you will get someone who will be able to get you a different device....
Old 04-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by azclown View Post
When you talk to them, do not settle for their answers.... keep saying that what they are doing is NOT acceptable, and that you want a different device or you will cancel the contract... you have sufficient reason to cancel it since they are not giving the service that you are paying for..... keep going UP the ladder, and you will get someone who will be able to get you a different device....
It's on a family share plan. I don't know if doing this would work all too well since theres 4 other people on my plan. I'll have to try and talk to higher management when this happens to the refurb they are sending me on Wednesday
Old 04-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

My question is.. tp2 is still relatively new in the states.. how the hell they have that many refurbs to go around???

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I have no idea! I got my first refurb in November....2 MONTHS after the Verizon one came out. Figured they wouldnt have any refurbs but they did. So I got a "like new device" that transfered over the other problems of the previous user..
Old 04-03-2010, 10:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

i doubt verizon is going to give you a different phone. assurian will if you have insurance and pay the deductible

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2