PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 01:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Mofo2713 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CHT Editor tab question when changing Call History command

thanks again!
Old 04-04-2010, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Rose4uKY is a n00b

So doing this adds the call history to your start menu is that all it does? I know I was told since I have missed call/call history on my main screen now doing this would link that with my call history tab on my taskbar at the bottom. I wasn't exactally sure what it would do. But I'm gonna try it. Cause I just got cookies and editer last night. I already had the call history on my tabs at the bottom. My explorer became slow all of a sudden. My hour glass got stuck as I was going to exploer than windows. It locks up and won't open. I even rebooted same thing. Finally it opened and it let me go back to storage card and I went to rename and just typed in the same name call history and added the .ink is that where I change it at? Ok so I went to windows startmenu and then it says programs and settings do I just copy it to one of those folders? Thanks, Rose

Edit: I guess I did something wrong but I copied the Call History.txt to my storage card then went under rename and just added the extension .ink and then copied and pasted it under windows start menu programs folder and I didn't see it under editor. What did I do wrong?

Last edited by Rose4uKY; 04-04-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:35 AM
The Great Winged Horse
Pocket PC: XV6700 XV6800 TP2
Carrier: Big Red

Pegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose4uKY View Post
So doing this adds the call history to your start menu is that all it does? I know I was told since I have missed call/call history on my main screen now doing this would link that with my call history tab on my taskbar at the bottom. I wasn't exactally sure what it would do. But I'm gonna try it. Cause I just got cookies and editer last night. I already had the call history on my tabs at the bottom. My explorer became slow all of a sudden. My hour glass got stuck as I was going to exploer than windows. It locks up and won't open. I even rebooted same thing. Finally it opened and it let me go back to storage card and I went to rename and just typed in the same name call history and added the .ink is that where I change it at? Ok so I went to windows startmenu and then it says programs and settings do I just copy it to one of those folders? Thanks, Rose

Edit: I guess I did something wrong but I copied the Call History.txt to my storage card then went under rename and just added the extension .ink and then copied and pasted it under windows start menu programs folder and I didn't see it under editor. What did I do wrong?
You should rename to "L" .lnk not ink
Old 04-05-2010, 01:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Rose4uKY is a n00b

I changed the i to an L that was my fault and I even rebooted and it's in my programs folder but I don't see it in the list still. Would if be under call histroy? Oh well no big deal but I don't see it.. But thanks, Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus"143" View Post
You should rename to "L" .lnk not ink
Old 04-05-2010, 02:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

It should be labeled "Call History" when you use the CHT Editor to change the program that Call History opens.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Rose4uKY is a n00b

Yeah well it's not there for some reason. I have it as Call History.lnk with an L.. And I copied that file and wen to windows start menu and I had 2 folders programs and settings at it's in my programs folder now at the bottom. Still not showing up in editor. Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofo2713 View Post
It should be labeled "Call History" when you use the CHT Editor to change the program that Call History opens.

Last edited by Rose4uKY; 04-05-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Yeah well it's not there for some reason. I have it as Call Histor.lnk with an L.. And I copied that file and wen tto wundows start menu and i had 2 folders programs and settings at it's in my programs folder now at the bottom. Still not showing up in editor. Rose
Make sure that it's saved as a .lnk file not just renamed to .lnk Chances are you have the file saved as Call History.lnk.txt
Old 04-05-2010, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Rose4uKY is a n00b

So how do I do that? Do I save it as .LNK on my computer 1st. And I just realized I typoed a lot on my last post but all I did was saved the .txt file put it on my memory card then just went to rename and added the .LNK after so I guess maybe it does still think it's a txt file. I'll try to figure it out. Thanks, Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofo2713 View Post
Make sure that it's saved as a .lnk file not just renamed to .lnk Chances are you have the file saved as Call History.lnk.txt
Old 04-05-2010, 07:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC

123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to 123sit

Quote:
So how do I do that? Do I save it as .LNK on my computer 1st. And I just realized I typoed a lot on my last post but all I did was saved the .txt file put it on my memory card then just went to rename and added the .LNK after so I guess maybe it does still think it's a txt file. I'll try to figure it out. Thanks, Rose
Well the last extension denotes the type of file, but just to be sure I'd rename it to just Call History.lnk. You could also do it on your computer then copy it over. Just make sure it resides under the \Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder somewhere. Best of luck.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Rose4uKY is a n00b

Well when I go under properties it says it's a .txt and it's on my computer.. I just don't know how to make the ,txt become.ink. And I put it under windows atart menu programs but I just added the .lnk to the end of the name and renamed it. That was the only way I know how to change it. Someone said I need some type of editor to change it and I don't know so I will just leave it alone for now. But thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123sit View Post
Well the last extension denotes the type of file, but just to be sure I'd rename it to just Call History.lnk. You could also do it on your computer then copy it over. Just make sure it resides under the \Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder somewhere. Best of luck.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2