PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

adrian22 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
trouble upgrading to WM 6.5

I am having trouble upgrading to Windows Mobile 6.5 on my Sprint Touch Pro 2 and am hoping to get some help/advice.

I first connect to ActiveSync, then I run the MR1 program and it takes a while to "Verify information on Device" but finally does. I get to the ROM update utility tool, click next and then update to new version.

Here is where the problems starts. After, I do this, the phone disconnects from ActiveSync, I get the tricolor screen on my phone, and then I get a screen saying "ERROR [260]: CONNECTION" and a message saying that the Update Utility cannot connect to the PDA Phone.

In order to clear the tricolor screen, I have to remove the battery from the phone, wait and restart.

Also, I am running Windows via Parallels on my Mac, could this be the issue? Any other way to upgrade? Can anyone help me?

Thanks
Old 03-24-2010, 04:07 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Re: trouble upgrading to WM 6.5

are you using the htc usb cable? can you normally transfer data that way? some usb cables are for charging only, not data transfer. case in point, the usb cable that came with the original ps3 sixaxis controller. it looked like any other cord, but wouldnt do data transfer.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:10 PM

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian22 View Post

Any other way to upgrade? Can anyone help me?

Thanks
you can extract the rom from the exe and flash via sd card.
instuctions here...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95375

Step 1: find the rom/radio you wish to flash and download it
Step 2: extract the .nbh file out of said rom package (will usually be named RUU_SIGNED.nbh if the rom is packed in an exe use pocket rar to extract from your phone or 7zip/winrar from your pc)
Step 3: rename the .nbh file to RHODIMG.nbh
step 4: place rom on the root of your SD card (meaning not in any folders)
step 5: power down the device completely
step 6: hold volume down and power (sleep/wake button on the Verizon variant) till the screen boots into bootloader mode (red green blue screen)
step 7: when prompted press power to flash
step 8: wait for it to finnish, sometimes it will restart on its own, sometime you need to restart it yourself but make sure you wait for the flash successful screen.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

adrian22 is a n00b

I am using the HTC cable and can connect and use Active Sync to transfer files normally, but it just cuts out and does not reconnect.

I downloaded the nbh file using info from this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1641224 (third post).

I tried flashing via SD card but when I reach the bootloader, i just get the tricolor screen and it stays there. I never get to steps 7 or 8.

Any other ideas? I really want to get this update as I'm hoping it fixes the annoying disappearing phone keypad once the screen turns off among other things.

Thanks for your help.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:21 PM

if you already have the .exe from sprint, i would extract and rename your own .nbh file. you never know whats floatin around out there. if you do it your self, at least you know exactly what your getting. also, make sure it on the root of the card. if its not working, you may want to reformat the card and put only the rhodimg.nbh file on it. naybe use an extra card only for flashing. i know i have an old 256mb card layin aroun i use to ensure i dont do damage to my 8 gig while flashing. your last recourse is to go to the sprint store. they will be happy to do it for you.

Last edited by austin420; 03-24-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

rawintellect is keeping up the good workrawintellect is keeping up the good work

Go to "connections" in system options. Click on usb to pc. Uncheck the box that says "Enable faster data synchronization" and you're all set.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawintellect View Post
Go to "connections" in system options. Click on usb to pc. Uncheck the box that says "Enable faster data synchronization" and you're all set.
mine is checked, and i have no problem flashing. ive been back to stock twice since the new update dropped.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:42 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

adrian22 is a n00b

I had already tried unchecking the "faster connection box" and that still didn't work.

What finally did work was reformatting my SD card and making the nbh file the only thing on there.

Thanks so much for your help!
Old 03-24-2010, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jj14x is just getting started

Quote:
I am having trouble upgrading to Windows Mobile 6.5 on my Sprint Touch Pro 2 and am hoping to get some help/advice.

I first connect to ActiveSync, then I run the MR1 program and it takes a while to "Verify information on Device" but finally does. I get to the ROM update utility tool, click next and then update to new version.

Here is where the problems starts. After, I do this, the phone disconnects from ActiveSync, I get the tricolor screen on my phone, and then I get a screen saying "ERROR [260]: CONNECTION" and a message saying that the Update Utility cannot connect to the PDA Phone.

In order to clear the tricolor screen, I have to remove the battery from the phone, wait and restart.

Also, I am running Windows via Parallels on my Mac, could this be the issue? Any other way to upgrade? Can anyone help me?

Thanks
I had the same issue - I was able to sync, but flash failed with Error [260]. Problem was that I was not using the USB ports on the back of my desktop - was using the front USB ports (that are connected to internal USB ports on my desktop).

Switched to the Rear USB ports on my desktop and it worked like a charm. (don't use a USB hub or USB Extender - works fine for sync, but for some reason, doesn't work for ROM Flash)

Hope that helps!
Old 03-24-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
I had already tried unchecking the "faster connection box" and that still didn't work.

What finally did work was reformatting my SD card and making the nbh file the only thing on there.

Thanks so much for your help!
no problem. dont forget the thanks button.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
tp2, upgrade. and help, windows mobile 6.5