PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 02:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907
Re: Screen Guard == Innacurate Touch Response?

So by merely putting to much pressure on a touch screen that is supposed to well, be touched, it can cause rainbow banding?

Don't click me
Old 03-17-2010, 02:08 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMeli907
So by merely putting to much pressure on a touch screen that is supposed to well, be touched, it can cause rainbow banding?
Yep, that and changes in temperature.
The only way this issue will go away is if manufacturers make these devices with glass screens. They would be very scratch resistant and this seperation problem would not exist. But glass screens are more expensive to produce.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:22 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Well, not by itself.
You just have to try to be careful and not push on the screen too hard. If you put a screen protector on, increase your screen sensativity to maximum in the registry and try not to push too hard. In my opinion, that's all you can do.
and how to you adjust the sensitivity?

Old 03-17-2010, 02:31 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4
Quote:

Well, not by itself.
You just have to try to be careful and not push on the screen too hard. If you put a screen protector on, increase your screen sensativity to maximum in the registry and try not to push too hard. In my opinion, that's all you can do.
and how to you adjust the sensitivity?
By editing the registry values of Touchpanel and FingerPressure.
There are also cabs floating around here and over on xda that will perform the reg edits for you.
Look for the itouch cabs.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:39 AM

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

found a cab i'm gonna try and also cook into my kitchen for the next flash.
posted a copy of the cab here for anyone who wants to try without having to search.
Attached Files
File Type: cab touchresponse_high.cab (1.9 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:39 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Here is a link to the iTouch Tweak Thread on XDA:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...en+sensitivity
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

abednego is keeping up the good workabednego is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychobaby View Post
It's not BS. I had the screen protector on that came with my phone and after about a month it started acting weird. I soft reset I tried the align the screen thing...no help there so I started deleting all my apps one at a time got pissed cuz the screen still wasnt responding right. So I hard reset and didnt install any apps at all and still had the problem. I went to Tmobile and told the guy who sold me my phone what was going on and he said take off the screen protector and give it a go. It worked. I went and had ghost armor put on the screen and have not had that same problem since then. I love it no scratchs and it doesnt interfer with the screen sensitivity.
Just to clarify - generic screen protectors did not work, but "Ghost Armor" did?

Quote:

Screen Protectors don't cause rainbow banding. The "rainbow banding" as you call it is a result of too much pressure being applied to the digitizer at a specific point which causes a separation of the layers of plastic that make up the digitizer.
I've had the dreaded rainbow banding twice already - on my 3rd Touch Pro2. I never push hard on my screen, but I do keep it in my pocket. My pants aren't overly tight, so I'm not sure if its that or the heat generated from me talking on my phone while its charging =/
Old 03-17-2010, 04:14 AM

actually, i think i read that google says that the touch screen phones should not be placed in the pocket due to possible damage to the screen.

someone had a crack in the screen of their nexus one and google blamed it on it being in pants pockets.

personally, there is no way i'd put a phone in my pocket, too bulky. even my motoq9c had a case.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by abednego View Post
Just to clarify - generic screen protectors did not work, but "Ghost Armor" did?

I wondered about that statement myself. I had Ghost on my old xv6800 briefly & absolutely hated what it did to screen feel/response etc.

I have used expensive SP's ever since (Boxwave etc) & never had a single problem (the one on my TP2 has been there since last October & is still working just fine)

~John
Old 03-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907

So to prevent in the future, don't press hard on the screen and be aware of temperature changes? I keep mine in my pocket 90% of the time

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2