PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 08:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

abednego is keeping up the good workabednego is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen Guard == Innacurate Touch Response?

Was in the Sprint store - and the rep said that screen guards / protectors are okay... but they make the touch screen inaccurate over time.

They also said to avoid using a case that has a tight fit; as it can cause rainbow/oil banding...

Any truth to this?
Old 03-16-2010, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

batpot is a n00b
Re: Screen Guard == Innacurate Touch Response?

sounds like BS, but even if it is true there's a screen calibration tool in All Settings > System > Screen.

And as long as we're talking screen protectors, I'll add my $0.02 and suggest you not believe the hype of expensive/name-brand screen protectors. I bought a 3 pack off of ebay for $5, and they fit and work great, even if they're not totally impervious to scratches, but what is?
Old 03-16-2010, 10:13 PM
You will NEVER know...
Pocket PC: Apache>Touch Pro>Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Psychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIP

It's not BS. I had the screen protector on that came with my phone and after about a month it started acting weird. I soft reset I tried the align the screen thing...no help there so I started deleting all my apps one at a time got pissed cuz the screen still wasnt responding right. So I hard reset and didnt install any apps at all and still had the problem. I went to Tmobile and told the guy who sold me my phone what was going on and he said take off the screen protector and give it a go. It worked. I went and had ghost armor put on the screen and have not had that same problem since then. I love it no scratchs and it doesnt interfer with the screen sensitivity.

Hi. I am probably home. I'm just avoiding someone I don't like. Leave me a message, and if I don't call back, it's you.

I think I have a MASSIVE ATTITUDE problem today...whadah you think?
Old 03-16-2010, 10:53 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

i have a hard believing this. my son's nintendo ds has had a boxwave crystal screen protector on it for 3+ years without any change in touch response.

anyone else have trouble with the screen protectors?

Old 03-17-2010, 12:33 AM

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

bump, no one has an opinion?
Old 03-17-2010, 12:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907

I had a screen protector and it caused rainbow banding. First it stopped being responsive to touch, then i pulled off the screen protector and there it was...rainbow banding. no more screen protectors for me. ever.

Don't click me
Old 03-17-2010, 12:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908

I have had screen protectors, causing the screen to misalign. But once I reset the alignment, it was good after that. Sometimes, it just doesnt work at all, and need to stick a new one. I think it is because it was too tight or something! So I try to stick with expensive screen protectors, and dont try to stick them hard.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:51 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMeli907
I had a screen protector and it caused rainbow banding. First it stopped being responsive to touch, then i pulled off the screen protector and there it was...rainbow banding. no more screen protectors for me. ever.
Screen Protectors don't cause rainbow banding. The "rainbow banding" as you call it is a result of too much pressure being applied to the digitizer at a specific point which causes a separation of the layers of plastic that make up the digitizer.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Screen Protectors don't cause rainbow banding. The "rainbow banding" as you call it is a result of too much pressure being applied to the digitizer at a specific point which causes a separation of the layers of plastic that make up the digitizer.
could a static or liquid adhesive screen protector cause this?
Old 03-17-2010, 01:54 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post

could a static or liquid adhesive screen protector cause this?
Well, not by itself.
You just have to try to be careful and not push on the screen too hard. If you put a screen protector on, increase your screen sensativity to maximum in the registry and try not to push too hard. In my opinion, that's all you can do.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2