PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 02:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

themaster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So can you force roam?

I see automatic-a and automatic-b on my sprint phone.. but I don't see the old force roam option that came with mightyrom on the touch pro?

I take it the option doesn't exist or is it now just called one of the automatics..
Old 03-15-2010, 02:29 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level
Re: So can you force roam?

Sprint simply trying to save $$.Not sure how to fix it on Mighty ROM though...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (6.5 KB, 98 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-15-2010, 02:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

themaster is a n00b

I know they don't.. that's why they removed it.. still it was available to me.. till I recently switched to tp2
Old 03-15-2010, 02:35 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

I made 1 cab with phone settings,but it was for my ROM.
Try to install it.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Configure.cab (20.2 KB, 36 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

themaster is a n00b

Thanks.. I have to change roms anyway.. I mean internet sharing doesn't auto connect?? And I have to download a updater cab.. ehh!

My stock rom ran pretty good.. but didn't auto connect.. (maybe crashed once) but what was really wrong with it.. is the audio would go from audible in the ear piece to almost a whisper randomly and only a reboot would fix it..

So I installed mighty right away.. cause it mostly worked on touch pro..

But now I see it's fairly inadquate for my needs so be glad to try you rom if only cause you care about force roaming
Old 03-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster View Post
I see automatic-a and automatic-b on my sprint phone.. but I don't see the old force roam option that came with mightyrom on the touch pro?

I take it the option doesn't exist or is it now just called one of the automatics..
Give this attached Switch Roam Mode cab install a try. It works great here on Sprint. Please note that if you roam a lot with Sprint, you may get warned for over use, or possibly even have your service canceled. Also note that it takes a minute for the roaming mode switch to kick in once activated. This is due to your system unloading automatic mode, loading roam only mode, and then searching and locking in on the signal.

Hope this helps,
R
Attached Files
File Type: cab SwitchRoamMode.cab (482.6 KB, 269 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster View Post

roaming only is available. i added it to my sprint tp2. i think the automatic b is the roaming only option. its wierd because mine did not come with an "automatic b" option, jus automatic and sprint only... this is how i added roaming to mine...

i used phm reg edit to add this:

ROAMING ONLY
For Three Menus in Roaming

1st For Home Network
2nd For Home + Partner Networks
3rd For only Partner Networks

HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\PhoneSetting\NetworkService

ItemCount=dword 00000003

ItemName3=Roaming Only/Automatic B
ItemValue3=dword 00000005

Then Edit

HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\InitProv\PhoneSetting
ServiceName=Network Service

ItemCount=dword 00000003
ItemName3=Roaming Only/Automatic B
ItemValue3=dword 00000005

roaming only should be the 3rd one, it may also say automatic b. dont forget to hit thanks.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:53 PM
Lurker

roblesroger is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
Give this attached Switch Roam Mode cab install a try. It works great here on Sprint. Please note that if you roam a lot with Sprint, you may get warned for over use, or possibly even have your service canceled. Also note that it takes a minute for the roaming mode switch to kick in once activated. This is due to your system unloading automatic mode, loading roam only mode, and then searching and locking in on the signal.

Hope this helps,
R
This worked Great on Mighty's Rom on sprint network. I usually get good signal, but just moved into a new place where i've been having crappy signal, going roaming gave me full signal now.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:10 AM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

I have a cab that will enable all options on the network services page:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106197

Old 03-21-2010, 12:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

True_Blue is a n00b

I posted this in the MightyROM6 thread but haven't heard anything. I think this may be related to having installed SwitchRoamMode...
I'm running MightyROM6 using TouchFLO 3D. Normally there are 18 shortcuts (9 per screen) you can assign to a program in the program's tab however recently after installing nueBattery and SwitchRoamMode I removed one of the shortcuts to add SwitchRoamMode to this list. When I did this another (+) was added to the programs tab (making 19) I attempted to assign a program to the 19th tab however no program could be assigned to this shortcut but it created another (+) I did this a couple more times each time it created a new (+) but none of them could be assigned to a program. Now I have a total of 22 shortcuts of which only 18 of them are able to be assigned to a program. How can I remove these excess (+) or at least make them capable of assigning a program to them?

The attached picture depicts the 16th-22nd shortcut; the last 4 can not be assigned to anything.

Any Ideas? Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ProgramScreenImage.JPG (38.3 KB, 37 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2