PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 01:06 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint will release the TP2 6.5 update with Manila 2.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaine02 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16730; U; en))

this is nothing new except for manila 2.5,its always been stated updated will come before end of q1 2010.Now,not questioning your cred but how can you get exact build and sense version but no release date? maybe i should go make a 6.5 coming soon thread?? i kid..i kid..
Having done software dev myself, it's entirely believable (and in fact, is normal practice) that they've locked in the build #, but as the OP clearly said, they've some last minute problems - hence can't lock in the date. I see zero contradiction with what the OP says.

1922, from any vendor besides Sprint, would surprise me. But, I have no problem believing that it will take Sprint longer to release an older version. Actually, that's exactly what I would expect from Sprint - remember it takes extra time to bake in their bloatware.

Last edited by willysp; 03-12-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:09 PM
A Geek For Eons

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
Wonder when this thread will be closed?
When people take the pot & kettle analogy too far?
Old 03-12-2010, 01:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

you're wrong! 2011-12 is for 528mhz devices. we saw it from an overseas and the upcoming verizon tp2 rom. do you really think htc would roll sprint back to 1922 if these newer builds optimized for the same model type are in the works??? 1922 will not be on the sprint tp2.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:15 PM
A Geek For Eons

Quote:
Originally Posted by shokouhi View Post
Guys really let's all stop the shit talking. You will all find out the info that I have provided is correct. I once again never stated an exact date. It will be well before the end of the month I was told. That is all I have for you next time I won't start a thread! Wow talking about mothers I mean keep to the topis right?
Hey - assuming your post was an honest attempt to communicate info from a source you believe to be informed -- then don't let 'em get to you!

As for the 'mom' comment, that's what the "!" in the bottom right of each post is for.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:16 PM
A Geek For Eons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
thanks for telling us the same info we've known for 2 months! /sarcasm off
Really? - then please provide a 2 month old link to the build#. TIA!
Old 03-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Yet another thread about release dates with only somebody's word. Here we go again.
Google is the next skynet
Old 03-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
you're wrong! 2011-12 is for 528mhz devices. we saw it from an overseas and the upcoming verizon tp2 rom. do you really think htc would roll sprint back to 1922 if these newer builds optimized for the same model type are in the works??? 1922 will not be on the sprint tp2.
yet cover flow is still super duper slow!!

Old 03-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Noobsauce
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

CellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigo View Post
i think people who start false rumors should be ban for at least a week maybe two lol
And what would that do? When a poster has barely gotten out of lurker status, what would they care about starting a new account?

Quote:
Sounds like it is back on topic! If I am wrong I will never post again! You will see that this was right and feel free to thank me when you realize that I was right!
Here is the problem OP. No one here knows who you are. You have a few posts under your belt (most of them in this thread) and therefore anything you say with a "trust me" tag attached will not be taken seriously. Understand that this community has a lot of connections in the industry through various members. All of a sudden a completely unknown entity steps out of the shadows and posts that Manila 2.5.1922 will be in the new Sprint ROM. I'm skeptical of that for many reasons. I find it hard to believe that the same build of manila found on another device would be included in a TP2 update. HTC would have labeled the build something completely different from that IMO. So, when some one like you comes along and makes such a statement, I really have a hard time believing it. Prove me/us wrong.
how about, "superholyshitohmygodseriouslyyouguyslookatthis*** *ingmasterpieceivecreated"?
Old 03-12-2010, 01:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

shokouhi is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
Having done software dev myself, it's entirely believable (and in fact, is normal practice) that they've locked in the build #, but as the OP clearly said, they've some last minute problems - hence can't lock in the date. I see zero contradiction with what the OP says.

1922, from any vendor besides Sprint, would surprise me. But, I have no problem believing that it will take Sprint longer to release an older version. Actually, that's exactly what I would expect from Sprint - remember it takes extra time to bake in their bloatware.
Thank you for your thoughts. That is what I was trying to tell them! They are not getting to me. This is all becoming funny. No more from me on this unless I get more information. Good luck to all of you posting useless comments. You will all see I was right!
Old 03-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rigo is keeping up the good workrigo is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Sounds like it is back on topic! If I am wrong I will never post again! You will see that this was right and feel free to thank me when you realize that I was right!
he means u r going to be banned two weeks plus an extra half lol
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2