PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 03:13 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [DST] Check Your Calendar Appointments!

Wow, I have seen this mentioned no less than 2 times in each major rom thread. One of them was by me. lol
Old 03-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

you can check the other thread for more info but here is my experience and warnings
If you try the DST patch for your phone from microsoft I would delete all appts from your phone, apply the patch and then activesync (i.e. uncheck the sync calender in activesync- it will then clear from your phone-apply patch then re-enable and then sync again)
Otherwise you will end up like me with your hourly appts fixed but all the day appts shifted one day earlier!!

Honestly I am waiting to see what happens on sunday morning- maybe all those appts one hour early will show up corrected- if not I will do the procedure above again
One other warning about the patch- you will notice that when you open up that day you will first see the "hour early" time first and then it will quickly correct to the right time
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

HTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⌥ saumaun ☢ View Post
Do you sync with Outlook? Everything is perfect on Exchange/Outlook. If I install this, will it affect anything but the phone? Or will outlook shift as well?
All appointments remain correct on Exchange/Outlook and my phone after using the posted CAB....I remain connected "as items arrive" full time during business hours, so if it screwed anything up I would have seen it my now.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:53 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

do i need to do this? because i don't use or sync with exchange/outlook and i currently don't have anything set in my calendar.

i guess the better question is, does everyone, in general, need to do this fix?

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 03-10-2010, 04:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

jsalh is becoming a great contributor

I sync with Exchange - and appointments that I entered in a few days ago for dates past March 14th are correct. Appointments that I made today for the future had the one hour glitch. I applied the cab mentioned earlier in this thread, edited the appointment on my phone to correct the time - and both the phone and exchange are in sync once again.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have the problem too. Running Mr X's 2.5 ROM. I always assumed it will sort itself out after DST change this weekend.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

I am going to assume that once the DST hits, it will work itself out!

* i hope *
Old 03-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Installed the update... Realized my Birthday events were all borked. Proceeded to spend the next hour trying to get myphone, outlook, and my TP2 in sync without duplicates and without b-days on the wrong day.

Finally got it, but it was a PITA for sure. Tried to use the birthday to appointment cab floating around here, but it displayed the b-days lastname, firstname on the events.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

joeadamo is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeoutthere View Post
Your options:
1. read this thread...
...follow link to another thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=110285&page=5
...read that thread.
...follow link to an article from MS: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...gs-update.mspx
...read that article.
...download a CAB from that article: http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...e-kb975353.cab
...then install that cab to fix the problem.

OR

2. Install this CAB to fix the problem.

Thanks but no change, still 1 hour ahead for all apts after 3/14. I also sync with Exchange and looks good on Exchange, just the TP2 is screwed up!
Old 03-11-2010, 10:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

johnnymac is just getting started

My "ALL Day Event's" are one day earlier. For example St. Patrick's day on my TP2 is on the 16th and it says Easter Sunday falls on Saturday. All of my normal appointments appear an hour early as well..... Wtf?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2