PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   *****hspl***** is there support for it anymore? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113585)

Sauske 03-10-2010 01:33 AM

*****hspl***** is there support for it anymore?

Is there any other way to contact Olipro or Cmonex and the other involved that made the program? Yes I PM them, I submitted two tickets on there help site & I sent e-mails but no response from anybody? It's telling me if I want to use it for commercial use etc.... I paid three times already but I still cant unlock my replacement TP2 from sprint:scratch:

CaliBoyPhillip 03-10-2010 01:43 AM

Re: *****hspl***** is there support for it anymore?

I have no idea what to say.... perhaps we are left in the dust for now :D perhaps they have been busy :\?

ACHlLLES 03-10-2010 02:13 AM

Paid 3 times on 3 different phones?

HTCotta 03-10-2010 02:21 AM

Paid 3 times?! Elaborate...

CaliBoyPhillip 03-10-2010 03:11 AM

What he means is he paid 3 times to get it unlocked.... when you try to unlock a phone again the unlocker gives you the option to pay to unlock once more i believe or.. summit a ticket and wait it out i believe.

Rhodium500 03-10-2010 09:31 AM

I think they should be ashamed for this lack of support. I understand they may be busy but if you read of all the problems on here and xda it is crazy that they never respond to problems.

rainfreak 03-10-2010 10:41 AM

I look at it this way: They opted to charge everyone for the use of the unlocker after the first unlock. That means they also opted to take on the responsibility to support the paying customers. That's right, I said customers. Because once we paid, that is what we became. If I bought software for my PC from a company I would expect support. The same expectation is also here.

Now, on the flip side, I am glad that I am on an Android device now. No more unlocker crap to worry about.

Paragon 03-10-2010 10:47 AM

You might have better luck sending them a message at xda-developers.com.

Dave

Rhodium500 03-10-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paragon (Post 1619935)
You might have better luck sending them a message at xda-developers.com.
Dave

He did that already. I mean at this point I wouldn't be surprised if someone cracked there hardspl so that it works unlimited times to avoid such a huge lag. I might even support this crack.

Paragon 03-10-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhodium500 (Post 1619955)
if someone cracked there hardspl so that it works unlimited times to avoid such a huge lag. I might even support this crack.

Anything has to be better then this.

This is an example of donating gone wrong. There are loads of people in the community who work tirelessly on their work for donations, but these guys took the donation process to an all new level with their unlocking apps, making substantial amounts of money off the process and now won't even respond to emails. This sort of thing if repeated enough could kill the donation process. I sure hope not, because there are far too many good people out there doing thing for donations only.

Dave

jshaas2 03-10-2010 11:23 AM

Guys I think most have run into this issue. I have unlocked fiveTouch Pro 2's. 3 for me and 2 for other friends. It has just been easier for me to pay each time instead of worrying with their timetable because more than likely they will not contact you back. Just pay it and be done with it. It's like $6 or something.

rainfreak 03-10-2010 11:44 AM

The OP said that he has paid, three times, but still cannot unlock his TP2. He also said that he tried multiple ways to get a hold of the HSPL team, all of which failed. That, my non-OP reading friend, is complete BS. If they are going to charge, and offer support, they should also follow through it.

jshaas2 03-10-2010 12:10 PM

i agree. my fault, i didn't read it correctly. Thanks for the correction.

rainfreak 03-10-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jshaas2 (Post 1620086)
i agree. my fault, i didn't read it correctly. Thanks for the correction.

As my wife would be happy to tell anyone who will listen, I am always eager to help people out by pointing out their mistakes. So, you are very welcome!

KillAByteZ 03-10-2010 12:22 PM

Isnt this the same that happened with the ELITE team? They were accepting donations, i believe, to deliver an outstanding ROM for the touch pro and....when it was finally released ...I read alot of bad thing about that ROM.

jmorton10 03-10-2010 12:25 PM

I've got to say, I would be awfully pissed too if I was the OP at this point.

Taking required "donations" & then providing no support whatever is in direct contradiction to what this awesome site is all about really............

~John

mikewest 03-10-2010 01:01 PM

I am a bit confused as well... Was I supposed to pay to unlock HSPL on a second device, while the first was free?

I paid to unlock the radio, does this mean I got the first HSPL free, and that is why I was able to unlock the HSPL on a second device?

I use a MAC, both devices were on locked on seperate windows machines, as I found avaible, with the only issue I encountered was VISTA not seeing my second device. (it has the drivers for MY touch pro, not my wifes?) It would search endlessly for the second device drivers., after many plugs and unplugs vista finally "saw" it, and it flashed at that time.

Sauske 03-10-2010 03:23 PM

No, I know what I'm doing!!!! I paid for my replacement phone twice and it still hasn't or wont unlock my phone!:evil: I tried every contact available, including this site & xda's. I didn't try it with multiply phone, just my replacement! So I paid as a customer (which u become when something is bought) but no type of support.....refund me my money if your not going to let me use it! I don't wont to go and report this to paypal to start any problems:angry7: I'll wait it out a few more day's and if nothing else happen they leave me no choice!!!:protest:

00_MACKIE_00 03-10-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauske (Post 1620614)
No, I know what I'm doing!!!! I paid for my replacement phone twice and it still hasn't or wont unlock my phone!:evil: I tried every contact available, including this site & xda's. I didn't try it with multiply phone, just my replacement! So I paid as a customer (which u become when something is bought) but no type of support.....refund me my money if your not going to let me use it! I don't wont to go and report this to paypal to start any problems:angry7: I'll wait it out a few more day's and if nothing else happen they leave me no choice!!!:protest:

wow, I have read alot of bs stories like this. It's really a shame. Back 4-5 years ago, unlockers we're FREE. People developed stuff for people to enjoy without ever asking for a penny. Now that money gets involved in this stuff, you see alot more posts flaming people for taking money and running.

CaliBoyPhillip 03-10-2010 09:30 PM

I can't believe I paid for the radio unlocker lol! I wonder.. I wonder... if i get my cell phone replaced... I can summit a ticket and get it radio unlocked for free or I will have to pay i bet..? any luck thought with unlocking you're device yet? for custom ROM's :) I think it is time someone takes matter into action and us PPCG find a way to unlock it :D

sumo911 03-10-2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jshaas2 (Post 1619985)
Just pay it and be done with it. It's like $6 or something.

Try $25 dollars or so...if one is interested in SIM/Security unlocking. Ive been in the same boat as OP and after waiting *weeks* for a response from the developers (which Ive still yet to receieve)...i ended just paying for another "license". If not a little more professional, they need at least to be a little more creative in regards to the (re)unlocking process for those unfortunate enough to lose or encounter a defective device.

Sauske 03-10-2010 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumo911 (Post 1621600)
Try $25 dollars or so...if one is interested in SIM/Security unlocking. Ive been in the same boat as OP and after waiting *weeks* for a response from the developers (which Ive still yet to receieve)...i ended just paying for another "license". If not a little more professional, they need at least to be a little more creative in regards to the (re)unlocking process for those unfortunate enough to lose or encounter a defective device.

Exactly! I would've paid for the radio & hspl, but just paying for the hspl & didn't get any results! why pay more money and the same thing can happen](*,)

bilson 03-11-2010 11:17 AM

Same thing here. Bought a new Touch Pro 2. Paid and used the RhodiumWUnlocker but the HardSPL part won't work. I found a newer version of just the HardSPL which worked perfect. When I went to reused RhodiumWunlocker, to run the Sim and Sercurity Unlocker, it keeps telling me I had to pay again. ($23 USD) Now I can flash ROMS but can't do a radio. Sent a ticket but no response. Will be a week 3/12/10.

O'Neil Mitchell 03-11-2010 11:29 AM

Here is the last post by Cmonex on ppcgeek. Looks like they're on to another project

p-slim 03-11-2010 11:36 AM

I'm not sure if I believe the op. Correct they will take forever to respond but honestly who paid 3 different times to make one phone work, you're seriously saying you paid 3 different times for the same exact device before you posted for help? I honestly believe the op just may not want to pay to unlock another device or it could just be user error. I've unlocked my tp2 4 times alpready and its easier if you just pay the money.

zim2323 03-11-2010 12:00 PM

How does the Unlocker know that you are unlocking a 2nd device? Is it based on the machine you are running the unlocker from (hardware ID, IP, etc)?

p-slim 03-11-2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zim2323 (Post 1622676)
How does the Unlocker know that you are unlocking a 2nd device? Is it based on the machine you are running the unlocker from (hardware ID, IP, etc)?

Its goes off of your phone number.

zim2323 03-11-2010 12:05 PM

Any way to temporarily change the device phone number to something else in order to get the Unlock to work? Could always change it back after the unlock.

rainfreak 03-11-2010 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1622616)
I'm not sure if I believe the op. Correct they will take forever to respond but honestly who paid 3 different times to make one phone work, you're seriously saying you paid 3 different times for the same exact device before you posted for help? I honestly believe the op just may not want to pay to unlock another device or it could just be user error. I've unlocked my tp2 4 times alpready and its easier if you just pay the money.

From where I stand, it doesn't matter if the OP is telling the truth about paying three times or not. The OP, and multiple others in this thread, have stated that they do not receive a reply when they submit a ticket via their site. The same goes for PMs from here or at XDA.

My biggest concern here is that they take money from people and promise support but do not provide it. I just thank God and everything holy that I don't have top go through this crap with Android devices.

rainfreak 03-11-2010 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zim2323 (Post 1622696)
Any way to temporarily change the device phone number to something else in order to get the Unlock to work? Could always change it back after the unlock.

If you know your MSL you can change your phone number, unlock and flash, then change it back.

00_MACKIE_00 03-11-2010 12:08 PM

boy, a thread for another project when the previous project is a rip off. If theres a thread that ever needed to be flamed it's that one! Just sayin'

zim2323 03-11-2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 1622699)
If you know your MSL you can change your phone number, unlock and flash, then change it back.

Someone wanna' post some instructions on how to do this?

1) How to get MSL?
2) Write down MSL.
3) Change MSL to temporary MSL.
4) Unlock phone.
5) Change MSL back to personal MSL.

???

p-slim 03-11-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 1622697)
From where I stand, it doesn't matter if the OP is telling the truth about paying three times or not. The OP, and multiple others in this thread, have stated that they do not receive a reply when they submit a ticket via their site. The same goes for PMs from here or at XDA.

My biggest concern here is that they take money from people and promise support but do not provide it. I just thank God and everything holy that I don't have top go through this crap with Android devices.

I understand you're point but I also understand they did us a favor and spent many hours for something that DOES work. They don't have time to keep monitoring it as its not their job. The site works and I'm positive its user error. We're the ones who need hspl and they didn't sign up to be sitting in front of a computer waiting for people who can't help themselves. So basically because they don't have time to monitor the website would you rather them take it down and no one gets hspl? I'm also glad I have a nexus and a custom rom isn't necessary like with winmo 6 so I'm fortunate as well but I still have my tp2 and like I've said I've unlocked 4 different ones with no problem. Honestly though each donation is roughly $15.

austin420 03-11-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1622684)
Its goes off of your phone number.

i dont believe it goes off phone number. it goes off ip and mac address. i could unlock mine on my computer, but couldnt inlock my gfs tp2. i had to do it from my laptop instead. if it went by phone number, theoretically u could unlock replacement phones because they would know that phone had already had a good license for unlocking. IE, your not unlocking a bunch of phones to make money. i know the cricket store by my house was charging 25 dollars a pop to unlock touch pro1s and add a cricket rom.

p-slim 03-11-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 1622882)
i dont believe it goes off phone number. it goes off ip and mac address. i could unlock mine on my computer, but couldnt inlock my gfs tp2. i had to do it from my laptop instead. if it went by phone number, theoretically u could unlock replacement phones because they would know that phone had already had a good license for unlocking. IE, your not unlocking a bunch of phones to make money. i know the cricket store by my house was charging 25 dollars a pop to unlock touch pro1s and add a cricket rom.

I thought about that but i unlocked my phone, my brothers, and the homies tp2 without donations the 1st time from the same computer.

p-slim 03-11-2010 01:32 PM

It could be because I unlocked the 1st day hspl was released (actually 2 days before) but didn't they upgrade the hspl from the 1st release.

zim2323 03-11-2010 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1622913)
It could be because I unlocked the 1st day hspl was released (actually 2 days before) but didn't they upgrade the hspl from the 1st release.

Anybody have time or ability to test this one way or another?

If we can pinponit what exactly the Unlocker is marking as it's point of reference for the process, we can work from there on a workaround.

aldamon 03-11-2010 02:04 PM

Man, I have to return my TP2 because of the blue spot problem. Now I'm scared to do it. I really like the custom ROMs.

bilson 03-11-2010 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 1622699)

But my phone no hasn't changed. It never unlocked as I described earlier.

p-slim 03-11-2010 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zim2323 (Post 1622977)
Anybody have time or ability to test this one way or another?

If we can pinponit what exactly the Unlocker is marking as it's point of reference for the process, we can work from there on a workaround.

Like rhodium500 pointed out to me is that was probably a test hspl and not the final release that may be why I was able to unlock 2. But I Dont use use that one anymore, I last used the one off of the website.