PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   *****hspl***** is there support for it anymore? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113585)

sumo911 03-10-2010 09:52 PM

Re: *****hspl***** is there support for it anymore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jshaas2 (Post 1619985)
Just pay it and be done with it. It's like $6 or something.

Try $25 dollars or so...if one is interested in SIM/Security unlocking. Ive been in the same boat as OP and after waiting *weeks* for a response from the developers (which Ive still yet to receieve)...i ended just paying for another "license". If not a little more professional, they need at least to be a little more creative in regards to the (re)unlocking process for those unfortunate enough to lose or encounter a defective device.

Sauske 03-10-2010 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumo911 (Post 1621600)
Try $25 dollars or so...if one is interested in SIM/Security unlocking. Ive been in the same boat as OP and after waiting *weeks* for a response from the developers (which Ive still yet to receieve)...i ended just paying for another "license". If not a little more professional, they need at least to be a little more creative in regards to the (re)unlocking process for those unfortunate enough to lose or encounter a defective device.

Exactly! I would've paid for the radio & hspl, but just paying for the hspl & didn't get any results! why pay more money and the same thing can happen](*,)

bilson 03-11-2010 11:17 AM

Same thing here. Bought a new Touch Pro 2. Paid and used the RhodiumWUnlocker but the HardSPL part won't work. I found a newer version of just the HardSPL which worked perfect. When I went to reused RhodiumWunlocker, to run the Sim and Sercurity Unlocker, it keeps telling me I had to pay again. ($23 USD) Now I can flash ROMS but can't do a radio. Sent a ticket but no response. Will be a week 3/12/10.

O'Neil Mitchell 03-11-2010 11:29 AM

Here is the last post by Cmonex on ppcgeek. Looks like they're on to another project

p-slim 03-11-2010 11:36 AM

I'm not sure if I believe the op. Correct they will take forever to respond but honestly who paid 3 different times to make one phone work, you're seriously saying you paid 3 different times for the same exact device before you posted for help? I honestly believe the op just may not want to pay to unlock another device or it could just be user error. I've unlocked my tp2 4 times alpready and its easier if you just pay the money.

zim2323 03-11-2010 12:00 PM

How does the Unlocker know that you are unlocking a 2nd device? Is it based on the machine you are running the unlocker from (hardware ID, IP, etc)?

p-slim 03-11-2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zim2323 (Post 1622676)
How does the Unlocker know that you are unlocking a 2nd device? Is it based on the machine you are running the unlocker from (hardware ID, IP, etc)?

Its goes off of your phone number.

zim2323 03-11-2010 12:05 PM

Any way to temporarily change the device phone number to something else in order to get the Unlock to work? Could always change it back after the unlock.

rainfreak 03-11-2010 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1622616)
I'm not sure if I believe the op. Correct they will take forever to respond but honestly who paid 3 different times to make one phone work, you're seriously saying you paid 3 different times for the same exact device before you posted for help? I honestly believe the op just may not want to pay to unlock another device or it could just be user error. I've unlocked my tp2 4 times alpready and its easier if you just pay the money.

From where I stand, it doesn't matter if the OP is telling the truth about paying three times or not. The OP, and multiple others in this thread, have stated that they do not receive a reply when they submit a ticket via their site. The same goes for PMs from here or at XDA.

My biggest concern here is that they take money from people and promise support but do not provide it. I just thank God and everything holy that I don't have top go through this crap with Android devices.

rainfreak 03-11-2010 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zim2323 (Post 1622696)
Any way to temporarily change the device phone number to something else in order to get the Unlock to work? Could always change it back after the unlock.

If you know your MSL you can change your phone number, unlock and flash, then change it back.