PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc touch Pro - sprint
Carrier: sprint

prawinready is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 GPS Accuracy?

I did download and install your version of tom tom , its asking for map activation code? can you please provide that too.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

taggart6 is just getting started

Google Maps works fine for me. I can grab 4+ satellites in about 1-2 min and its pretty decent in terms of updating.

The only issue I have is when I run GarmentXt which can take a very long time to get a signal.

But I found a work around by running google maps, finding my location, then starting garmen Xt, and then closing google maps. Garmen Xt picks up all the signals Google Maps has located.

Works great when Garmen XT is being stubborn.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygger View Post
Unless I'm missing something, I'm just hitting the "Use GPS" function like I did when I also had the TP1. I'm doing it now and it says "within 1900 meters." I also already set the Quick GPS and the update is current.
You have something setup wrong if it continues to say that. It's not getting a GPS Lock.

Check out link in my signature and see if that helps.

GoogleMaps 4.0 and iGuidance both work fine 1-2 second lag (which some folks complain about). But 1-2 second works fine for me. Anything beyond that you have a problem (often operator error) that can be resolved.

TP2 needs nothing special. No special cab or hacks. That applies to stock ROM (on Sprint anyway) and Custom ROMs. Mighty, Energy and Calkulin all worked fine.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

tygger is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
You have something setup wrong if it continues to say that. It's not getting a GPS Lock.

Check out link in my signature and see if that helps.

GoogleMaps 4.0 and iGuidance both work fine 1-2 second lag (which some folks complain about). But 1-2 second works fine for me. Anything beyond that you have a problem (often operator error) that can be resolved.

TP2 needs nothing special. No special cab or hacks. That applies to stock ROM (on Sprint anyway) and Custom ROMs. Mighty, Energy and Calkulin all worked fine.
I feel like an idiot!!!! I made sure gps was enabled when I first installed gmaps, but for some reason, it was off and I was in fact on agps. Glad that gmaps is working as usual now.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

divineazn716 is a n00b

I live in Tampa, FL and I don't have any problems with my GPS Sprint navigation. It might lag a little bit but it doesn't get me lost. The only thing I hate about it is that when I try to find the fastest route, it likes to take me through tolls and make me pay more money to FL. haha Does anyone know a GPS program that allows you to avoid TOLLS? that would be GREAT! haha
Old 03-09-2010, 06:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by divineazn716 View Post
Does anyone know a GPS program that allows you to avoid TOLLS? that would be GREAT! haha
I'm not 100% sure as it's not a feature I would ever use, but I think I remember seeing an "avoid toll roads" feature in GarminXT.

~John
Old 03-31-2010, 07:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

nofences is a n00b

Ok, anyone have any additional Ideas for getting TomTom working on the TP2? I tried the custom version posted in this thread and it didnt work. I have installed Garmin XT and it works just fine, but I am partial to the TomTom software. I have the same problem as most in this thread, the program runs but the maps and directions are about a minute behind my actual location.

UPDATE: I found another poster who used GPSgate to get rid of the lag on his TP2 so I tried it and it is a 95% improvement over what it was previously. It is not %100, but it is now usable.

Last edited by nofences; 03-31-2010 at 11:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by prawinready View Post
I did download and install your version of tom tom , its asking for map activation code? can you please provide that too.
Tom Tom software is free...you have to buy the maps.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

bones20 is becoming a great contributor

i love iGuidance. There is 1-2 secs lag but thats probably the case with all GPS including the OEMs. Just lately, I have enabled assisted GPS on my TP2. Have yet to try out what difference it makes to Iguidance GPS.

BTW, I use GPS Gate as well. Also. TP2 is much better in that the GPS lock stays between standby/resume as against Mogul
Old 04-01-2010, 01:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tbolt - Bamf Remix 1.6 Oc'ed 1.3,DX - Apex 1.4
Carrier: Verizon

Padron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

divineazn716
haha Does anyone know a GPS program that allows you to avoid TOLLS? that would be GREAT!

Use Sunpass, if you don't already have it. it will save you a Time and a little money.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2