PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Data Plan Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Didn't verizon state how they have become an open network in mid-2008 and will accept any CDMA phone as long as it is unlocked? Ofcourse from what I heard it can be a pain to do sometimes.
they did at one point, but they changed that awhile ago.
Google is the next skynet
Old 03-03-2010, 10:40 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
they did at one point, but they changed that awhile ago.
Hmm..when did I miss this..you got an article on this?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-03-2010, 10:47 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Hmm..when did I miss this..you got an article on this?
I don't i'm sorry but i remember reading about this some months ago when they stopped. I don't have verizon so i didn't follow it thoroughly.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:00 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I don't i'm sorry but i remember reading about this some months ago when they stopped. I don't have verizon so i didn't follow it thoroughly.
I see...well we can complain on both of them then >.>...I think forcing consumers into buying hardware from you is kinda monopolistic >.>..if gsm allows it, no reason why cdma should not. You never know, maybe the FCC will take it up, as I said they have been rather suggestive lately.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to iknight8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodium500 View Post
Trust me there is absolutely NO way around the required data plan unless you happen to know an executive that can pull strings for you. As soon as the system sees a TP2 esn then it adds the data package on if you want it activated.

i have sprint and its NOT true at all... any WM phone u can active under any plan whether u have data or not

HTC TouchPro2 > HTC Evo > Samsung Fascinate > HTC ThunderBolt
Old 03-04-2010, 12:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

u would be crazy not to have a data plan...and if u used data without the plan u would b lookn at outrageous bills... Having a TP2 without data is like flinstoning a porsche. why have amazing capabilities and not use them. say what?!
Old 03-04-2010, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO LTE
Carrier: Sprint SERO

kimogent is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintgirl View Post
u would be crazy not to have a data plan...and if u used data without the plan u would b lookn at outrageous bills... Having a TP2 without data is like flinstoning a porsche. why have amazing capabilities and not use them. say what?!

lol.......funny and true at the same time

Bob Sanders does not do push ups...he simply pushes the earth down
Old 03-04-2010, 01:58 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknight8 View Post
i have sprint and its NOT true at all... any WM phone u can active under any plan whether u have data or not
in a perfect world and in all essence, what you said is true. but we dont live in a perfect world. sadly in our world, any WM (or droid for that matter) is being treated as a cash cow by the carriers. everybody's seen how the carriers require you their data plan to get these phones...but essentially, to make it work for its main purpose, all that is needed is just a regular voice plan.

just like less than 10 years ago...same thing happened with text messaging. as long as you added text messaging to your plan, you can text anyone anywhere in the galaxy and it was still part of your messaging bucket. but the carriers got smart and figured out that there were a big percentage that text internationally. so they started charging for international text outside of your messaging plan. and when they figured out that people want to connect to the internet using their smartphones, instead of letting us upgrade/buy a smartphone/ppc and leaving it up to us to get the option of having data plan with it, the light bulb once again came on. and the rest as we say is history!

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 03-04-2010, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

slimgoodie_5 is just getting started

It took me a long time to get a smartphone because of the extra $30 for the data package. I have a discount with my job and when Verizon made those plan changes about a month ago it would make it only $6 more than what i was previously paying. i didnt think i would use the internet on my phone but since i cant get into certain sites while at work i enjoy getting on the internet to check things. I also enjoy it when i am with my friends and we trying to prove a point and i can say 'hey i will look it up right now'. I dont see a way around it besides cutting down your minutes and text plans.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

I used to get text messages at the $.02 rate to receive e-mail snippets and that was fine for me. When they jacked up the price it forced people into spending at least $5 per month for a few hundred text messages if you occasionally used the service. More revenue for the cell companies!

This data $hit is really annoying because a lot of us would rather use the Wi-Fi connection in our phones as it's almost free and a lot faster. Plus, some of us would rather use a real computer anyways to surf the internet. Paying $30 that won't be fully used is a waste! I guess that's why my occasional data use on Page Plus 20MB data is just perfect.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2