PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 12:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

vst_ace is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Data Plan Required

I had a TP1 without a data plan, and when I upgraded to a TP2 plan I did not add one, even though the sprint store rep mentioned that I may need to. They just swapped it out and I was done.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:58 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkjedi View Post
My biggest worry is that when the WM6.5 phones die out, what will be there to replace them for us SERO customers? We can't go android or palm because they almost all 'exclusives' and therefore require the special everything data plan. We are stuck with WM, but will WM7 follow the way of android and require the everything data plan as well?
The samsung moment is android and it works with SERO I hear.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-02-2010, 02:19 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
What you heard is incorrect.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew212 View Post
I really want to purchase the touch pro 2 but I'm furious to find that it's going to cost me $30 a month for a data plan that is required with verizon's network. I was told that even if I purchase the phone outright I still need to purchase the data plan.

Why make phones with WiFi if the phone is going to be required to have a data plan? I don't use the phone for the web and email unless I'm in a wireless hotspot, so I don't need the freedom of a data plan.

Does anyone know a way around this? Are there any simmilar phones that don't require a data plan?
Don't pay the data plan. For $10 more than Verizon's Mandatory "gun to the head" data plan you can switch to Page Plus Cellular. It's on Verizon's network so your phone will port over just nicely. That's what I did when I got my Touch Pro 1, and then moved onto the Touch Pro 2 a few months ago. Unlimited minutes/text for $39.95 month NO taxes & NO fees. You get 20MB of data with that so when you really don't have Wi-Fi available you're able to get what you need.(sort of)
http://www.pagepluscellular.com
Check the coverage map to make sure your area is good. I haven't had any problems!
Old 03-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I have a friend who had SERO, but upgraded to the moment and gave up his plan.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:55 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkjedi View Post
I have a friend who had SERO, but upgraded to the moment and gave up his plan.
Oh I see it let people order it but wont activate it. guess I was mistaken
Old 03-02-2010, 04:09 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vst_ace View Post
I had a TP1 without a data plan, and when I upgraded to a TP2 plan I did not add one, even though the sprint store rep mentioned that I may need to. They just swapped it out and I was done.
some get lucky if they get the right person in the store. you can really just get the voice side of the plan but again, since it is a smartphone/ppc, carriers are "requiring" that a data plan is included. but with the just having the voice side of it, you really don't get the full benefit of the device. but the rep put in a disclaimer in there by mentioning "you may need to" have a data plan so that you were advised about it...just in case sprint did a sweep of the accounts to determine which ones should have the data plan. so when sprint automtatically adds data on your plan, you can't turn around and tell them that you weren't told that.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 03-03-2010, 09:41 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

We should all file an FCC to make sprint accept none sprint phones...I mean as it stands sprint is the only carrier that doesn't allow other phones on its network. Every other carrier allows it in some shape of form except sprint >.>..and FCC seems to be very aggresive lately on everything..
Old 03-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
We should all file an FCC to make sprint accept none sprint phones...I mean as it stands sprint is the only carrier that doesn't allow other phones on its network. Every other carrier allows it in some shape of form except sprint >.>..and FCC seems to be very aggresive lately on everything..
Verizon doesn't allow other carriers phones either.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:21 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
Verizon doesn't allow other carriers phones either.
Didn't verizon state how they have become an open network in mid-2008 and will accept any CDMA phone as long as it is unlocked? Ofcourse from what I heard it can be a pain to do sometimes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2