PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

poorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to poorlyduck
Re: tp2 in europe

you want the sim card with data? then get this
Old 03-23-2010, 09:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

kwokinator is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajiv View Post
What did you use for tethering? I used both wifi based tethering available from XDA forums as well HTCs internet connection sharing via USB. HTC's connection sharing is available in most custom ROMs ( I have used, Mighty, Mr. X as well as Energy and all three have it ). in both case I did not have any issues. only caveat was that with WIFI tethering phone goes thru battery like there is no tomorrow. so best do that with phone hooked up to power.

--Rajiv
Thanks, that helped a lot
Old 04-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Sprint

mbmoffett is a n00b

Still looking for someone who has used TouchPro II GPS in Europe or South America. Titan had major problems outside of N. America due to AGPS or something. Will I be able to trash my bluetooth GPS?
Old 04-11-2010, 05:50 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

GPS is a stand alone with its antenna, i say trash that BT isht...lol...yes I am and have been using mine not in S.America or Europe but it doesnt make any difference where unless it is relying on internet
Old 04-11-2010, 07:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bondosho is a n00b

I just got back from England. I walked into a Orange store, bought a prepaid SIM, inserted it into the phone, and bam, had service. I'm using the Energy ROM for CDMA. I switched it over to GSM in the settings, and it picked up, and registered on the network without any issues.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmoffett View Post
Still looking for someone who has used TouchPro II GPS in Europe or South America. Titan had major problems outside of N. America due to AGPS or something. Will I be able to trash my bluetooth GPS?
I have used internal GPS in Qatar, Saudia Arabia, Germany, France and right now in Canada... but with Google Maps. Has worked just fine. Gave away all my old Holux BT GPSs.

I am using the Sprint Cheepo International data plan....

PS this thread and similar ones should be consolidated into a sticky.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G in the US, TP2 in Prague
Carrier: Sprint/T Mobile CZ

mplsfalls1973 is just getting started

I currently live in the Czech Republic most of the time, occasionally traveling to other European states while using my Sprint Touch Pro 2. I would suggest waiting until you get to the country you are going to be spending the most time in and then figure out which sim card you would like to use. I signed up for T-Mobile while in the Czech Republic maintaining my SERO plan for while I am in the United States. My plan cost me 250 Kč and the data plan costs me 120 Kč a month and I am not tied into a long term contract. So my total expense for a month here is 370 Kc which at the current exchange rate is about $20 a month. You can also get prepaid tariff cards which usually will end up costing you around a $.30 to $.50 a minute with calls to the United States costing about double that.

I would personally suggest going with a plan that includes unlimited internet not on a contract while in Europe. I am able to get HSDPA most of the time here, and in the other countries I have traveled to. Do not expect the higher speeds in the rural areas though.

Bavte se a zároven v Evropě
Old 05-31-2010, 02:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2

oppman is becoming a great contributor

I went to Germany for 2 weeks... got a O2 sim card poped it in my Sprint Tp2 and BAM all was working NO hacks required.. I was able to surf the net, make calls everything.... there is no need to call sprint AND Tell them anything, it just worked as a reg unlocked phone.

I got back to the states took the german card out and my phone is back to normal. So if anyone need to go to Europe.. TP2 and a local sim card is all you need... picked my for 20 euroes .. love it.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:32 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Hopefully u were using your Local Sim card for Data and not Sprint.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2