PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G (Supersonic)
Carrier: Sprint

modembug is keeping up the good workmodembug is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to modembug Send a message via MSN to modembug Send a message via Yahoo to modembug
Re: What is the fastest ROM?

Ive tried quite a few and I always end up going back to Mightyrom! (With Manila disabled on the home screen and SPB Mobileshell 3.5.3 with Sense theme.)
Old 02-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude

Quote:
Originally Posted by srsizzy View Post
I just used Mighty IMPACT for two days, and the stability thing is a lie. It was stable on first install, but after getting the cabs I want to use, it was crashing ALL THE TIME. I would open Opera 10, CRASH, I would mess with some options and try to close a window, CRASH. On a regular basis I would go to minimize something and it would freeze on trying to get to the homescreen -- I could go to the Windows Menu, but nothing would let me get to the homescreen but a soft reset and sometimes a hard reset.

So if you use Mighty, I guess you have to not want to add much on top of it with the danger of not knowing what the problem is and your phone not working properly. I'm sure LOVE or WAR might be more stable.

I will say, however, that when it worked, it was pretty quick. I just couldn't stand not being able to do pretty basic functions without random freezing.
IMPACT is part of Mighty's project ROMs. It states so on the opening thread that those will NOT have any type of support. He thrust those out, so that brave souls such as yourself, test them. Also, he made them with the intent and for those people whom like using the latest cutting edge stuff, whether or not it is fully functional. Mighty's "stable" is a 6.5 base with 2.1 Sense UI (latest being 2.10.2010 release).
Old 02-20-2010, 05:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

srsizzy is a n00b

Yeah, that's what I figured. However, I don't want to drop 2.5.

I just spent some time messing around with Calkulin's kitchen to put together something that works, and so far it's actually really smooth. It's got 6.5.X and 2.5.2012.1225.0 on SYS build 23534. I just read somewhere that this SYS build is smooth -- the kitchen is pretty easy to use, gives a lot of straight-forward customizability.

So far, with all the CABs that come preloaded with this, I'm have a stable ROM that is equal to or faster than Mighty IMPACT. I haven't run Mighty's 6.5/2.1, so I don't know how it compares, but this is definitely not slow enough to bother me.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by srsizzy View Post
I just used Mighty IMPACT for two days, and the stability thing is a lie. It was stable on first install, but after getting the cabs I want to use, it was crashing ALL THE TIME. I would open Opera 10, CRASH, I would mess with some options and try to close a window, CRASH. On a regular basis I would go to minimize something and it would freeze on trying to get to the homescreen -- I could go to the Windows Menu, but nothing would let me get to the homescreen but a soft reset and sometimes a hard reset.

So if you use Mighty, I guess you have to not want to add much on top of it with the danger of not knowing what the problem is and your phone not working properly. I'm sure LOVE or WAR might be more stable.

I will say, however, that when it worked, it was pretty quick. I just couldn't stand not being able to do pretty basic functions without random freezing.
That is why Mighty made 4 ROMs (1 for stability and 3 to play around with that are not as stable but has the newest looking 2.5 software IMPACT, WAR, and LOVE). He prefaced that before making them which is why I never tried them and I stick with the main release.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:48 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

test tt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0001.jpg (553.0 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-20-2010, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

chardog is keeping up the good workchardog is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewest View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chardog View Post
stock rom is fastest. Next fastest is blackout rom(6.1/2.5), followed by silence rom (6.5/2.1)
I disagree that Stock rom is fastest...my stock rom would delay on EVERYTHING, I would get the spining ball just trying to CLOSE a window! I was ready to toss my phone out the window, until MightyMike saved me.
while stock is not fastest off the bat, but try it with the gt4l tweaks. easily smokes mighty. heck, even stock rom is faster than mighty. I dont want to knock on mighty because it's a solid rom, but faster than stock.... not even close.

Take note that all roms have tweaks. cleanup thread just evens the playing field.

Last edited by chardog; 02-20-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

docmarioce is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by modembug View Post
Ive tried quite a few and I always end up going back to Mightyrom! (With Manila disabled on the home screen and SPB Mobileshell 3.5.3 with Sense theme.)
I tried to do that but Mobileshell did not work smoothly when scrolling thru lateral screens, very laggy. Can you tell me what configuration you have (which mobileshell and Sense versions)???

Thanks
Old 02-20-2010, 08:41 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

well, if ya want speed, cook up a wm5 rom. I'll help test.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2