PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 04:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 7 running on TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
thats funny. your talking about having the ability to run android on your tp2, this is exactly what i'm talking about. if winmo is perfect why the hell would you want to run andoid on it? do you think any android user is saying damn, i want to dual boot android and winmo, but you see how many winmo users are tying to do this everywhere. i can run android on my tp2 as well why would i want to do that when it doesn't even function correctly, i've loaded the 1/25 version along time ago and that is crap compared to the nexus. yes i hate having to create custom roms but like i said earlier its a must for winmo. and no mighty mike can't run circles around my rom, i've used every mighty rom and have never stuck with it more then 1 hour. i build all my roms off calkulins kitchen which is far superior and more advanced. suckers go and just load someone else's rom, real ppcgeeks go create their own roms.
I dual boot for customization and it keeps my phone fresh and new when i get bored. Any OS gets boring after a while, that's why there are themes, ROM updates, (6.1,6.5) and stuff like that. Heck, soon its probably going to be possible to boot 3-4 OS on your phone using SD. Not cause windows mobile sucks but because you dont have to buy another phone, or get a different provider to get a different feel. Same reason people dual boot on computers. If you think android is the problem solver for all OS you're smoking crack!

Old 02-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBHOLIDAY View Post
I dual boot for customization and it keeps my phone fresh and new when i get bored. Any OS gets boring after a while, that's why there are themes, ROM updates, (6.1,6.5) and stuff like that. Heck, soon its probably going to be possible to boot 3-4 OS on your phone using SD. Not cause windows mobile sucks but because you dont have to buy another phone, or get a different provider to get a different feel. Same reason people dual boot on computers. If you think android is the problem solver for all OS you're smoking crack!
you're wrong. People change themes and ringtones because they got bored with their phones but the majority of ppc users and business users (the actual majority of winmo users in the world will never visit ppcgeeks or xda) change their OS' because the newer os has more or better features. I upgraded from 6.1 to 6.5 not because i'm bored but because it has more features, then i upgraded to 6.5.x because it was more finger friendly, none of my OS upgrades are just because i'm bored. If i'm bored i load apps, and android and iphone have thousands of free apps.
Google is the next skynet
Old 02-19-2010, 04:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP 2
Carrier: sprint

Technoob is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Yes thats exactly what i'm saying. I feel like websites like this are a neccesity to get winmo to function like the other os' out there, and that should not be the case. Please tell me why i would want to build my own app, when more then likely it will be in the marketplace. I have a nexus one as well as a tp2 and i haven't had any reason to create my own cabs for my nexus, what for? Also why would i want to be scouring this website for updates on an app when the marketplace will send my phone a notification that an update is available for a particular app on my phone like my nexus. The reason people load custom roms is to get more functionality out of the phone, I would rather leave that up to microsoft then mighymike, i'm sorry thats just the way it is. I hate when i install a stupid app then i have to do a hard reset, hard resets are not fun with winmo, they are a breeze with android because after a hard reset my android will automatically load any app that i've downloaded from the marketplace without me having to install cab after cab or learning sashimi ( which i finally mastered but no user should ever have to, that is a pain in the ass) The way microsoft is headed is great. you're talking about paying for apps, you must not have looked at iphone or androids marketplace, they have way more free apps then windows by leaps and bounds and their apps are 10x better. download shazam from windows marketplace its 4.99, shazam is free on iphone and droid, this is just an example.
I cannot agree more!
WM7 is giving Microsoft a chance to do what it should have done long back!
Guys at least give Wm 7 a chance to revive Microsoft!
Old 02-19-2010, 04:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff

=D> LOL

You're funny P-Slim! Moving on.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hey guys instead of having a dik slapping contest out here take it to the PM's

OP you can atleast get the look of Windows 7 here on your TP2 Windows 7 ULTIMATE theme by Marco released!! WVGA+VGA
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo
Carrier: Sprint

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

P-Slim, just end your misery by selling your TP2. Your claims on how Winmo blows is getting old. I personally use the TP2, because it works for me, and most people probably feel the same way.

You made your point how you like your android, so move on, or stick to the topic.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:10 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBHOLIDAY View Post
=D> LOL

You're funny P-Slim! Moving on.
I'm funny because I believe in working smarter not harder and you're funny because you're stuck in stoneage. Yes please move on because you obviously don't deserve the reputation and thread count you're getting by arguing with me. I load new OS's because I'm bored, not because of the many feature upgrades, LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
P-Slim, just end your misery by selling your TP2. Your claims on how Winmo blows is getting old. I personally use the TP2, because it works for me, and most people probably feel the same way.

You made your point how you like your android, so move on, or stick to the topic.
you obviously weren't following the conversation, were we arguing about droid or were we arguing about wp7? Nobody even has a wp7 yet and people are bashing it, this is what i'm arguing about, tp2 has nothing to do about it. I don't need to compare winmo to android because the marketshare numbers are already doing that.

Last edited by p-slim; 02-19-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

Not trying to bash or be rude at all, but it does seem like you just really hate WinMo in general, P. Maybe you should look into something else that makes you happier. Don't stick with something you don't like.

I remember when I began to hate my Sidekick, and began to bitch about it on the sidekick forums. They weren't as nice about it- I was told to either get something else or STFU, and shunned from then on, lol...

Oh wait... your sig says you're using the N1. Never mind.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 02-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo
Carrier: Sprint

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
Not trying to bash or be rude at all, but it does seem like you just really hate WinMo in general, P. Maybe you should look into something else that makes you happier. Don't stick with something you don't like.

I remember when I began to hate my Sidekick, and began to bitch about it on the sidekick forums. They weren't as nice about it- I was told to either get something else or STFU, and shunned from then on, lol...

He probably has the TP2 in the sig just to get by being called a Troll. LMAO. My last response here. Sorry for being off topic.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:22 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post

wait, are you talking to me? kabuk every thread i go into your bashing wp7. Damn i can swear we've watched the same videos and you never have anything good to say, YOU MUST REALLY HATE WP7 without even trying it out, at least i've tried the os' i hate on. there is a saying in the bible that fits this situation, get the log out of your eye before you worry about the splinter in someone elses.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2