PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 03:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 7 running on TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Windows is already failing, this will only help their marketshare by leaps and bounds, either get down or lay down but wp7 is here. And this is the best thing for Microsoft.

P-slim i don't get what you're saying. Do you understand if windows 7 is released and microsoft gets rid of the windows mobile we use now, we will no longer be able to make apps, cab, or custom roms? Plus, there will be no need for sites like this one. Are you saying you want that to happen? So you want to pay for apps like iphone users do?

Last edited by BBHOLIDAY; 02-19-2010 at 03:17 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBHOLIDAY View Post
Personally I hope windows mobile 7 bombs. I hate to say that but the rumor is that 7 will not allow users to create their own cabs without paying for licensing. All cabs will have to be approved by microsoft sort of like what apple does with its apps.
Same here. That's a bunch of total BS if you ask me. It harkens back to the old Sidekick days, when one had to apply for a dev license just to install 3rd-party apps to their device. I got rid of my Sidekick within a year due to that crap, and if they get rid of 6.x.x, I'll ditch WinMo too. Android will gain a new follower, and possibly even- *gulp* the iPhone. At least iPhones are SOMEWHAT customizable, and I could auto-tune stuff with one.

With the way things are starting to go now, with Apple doing this e-nanny BS & now MS, why not just start renting out phones? Cause even if we buy them they're never REALLY ours in the eyes of the software companies anyway

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC

Last edited by kabuk1; 02-19-2010 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff

we are actively working on a processor replacement mod for the TP2 so we can put a snapdragon processor in there. Please send research donations (no less that $500 per donation) to win7onTP2@nevergonnahappen.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:24 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
P-slim i don't get what you're saying. Do you understand if windows 7 is released and microsoft gets rid of the windows mobile we use now, we will no longer be able make apps, cab, or custom roms? Plus, there will be no need for sites like this one. Are you saying you want that to happen? So you want to pay for apps like iphone users do?
Yes thats exactly what i'm saying. I feel like websites like this are a neccesity to get winmo to function like the other os' out there, and that should not be the case. Please tell me why i would want to build my own app, when more then likely it will be in the marketplace. I have a nexus one as well as a tp2 and i haven't had any reason to create my own cabs for my nexus, what for? Also why would i want to be scouring this website for updates on an app when the marketplace will send my phone a notification that an update is available for a particular app on my phone like my nexus. The reason people load custom roms is to get more functionality out of the phone, I would rather leave that up to microsoft then mighymike, i'm sorry thats just the way it is. I hate when i install a stupid app then i have to do a hard reset, hard resets are not fun with winmo, they are a breeze with android because after a hard reset my android will automatically load any app that i've downloaded from the marketplace without me having to install cab after cab or learning sashimi ( which i finally mastered but no user should ever have to, that is a pain in the ass) The way microsoft is headed is great. you're talking about paying for apps, you must not have looked at iphone or androids marketplace, they have way more free apps then windows by leaps and bounds and their apps are 10x better. download shazam from windows marketplace its 4.99, shazam is free on iphone and droid, this is just an example.
Google is the next skynet

Last edited by p-slim; 02-19-2010 at 03:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff

Quote:
Yes thats exactly what i'm saying. I feel like websites like this are a neccesity to get winmo to function like the other os' out there, and that should not be the case. Please tell me why i would want to build my own app, when more then likely it will be in the marketplace. I have a nexus one as well as a tp2 and i haven't had any reason to create my own cabs for my nexus, what for? Also why would i want to be scouring this website for updates on an app when the marketplace will send my phone a notification that an update is available for a particular app on my phone like my nexus. The reason people load custom roms is to get more functionality out of the phone, I would rather leave that up to microsoft then mighymike, i'm sorry thats just the way it is. I hate when i install a stupid app then i have to do a hard reset, hard resets are not fun with winmo, they are a breeze with android because after a hard reset my android will automatically load any app that i've downloaded from the marketplace without me having to install cab after cab or learning sashimi ( which i finally mastered but no user should ever have to, that is a pain in the ass) The way microsoft is headed is great. you're talking about paying for apps, you must not have looked at iphone or androids marketplace, they have way more free apps then windows by leaps and bounds and their apps are 10x better. download shazam from windows marketplace its 4.99, shazam is free on iphone and droid, this is just an example.
Wow! Are you serious! most of the free apps on the iphone are limited. The truly good stuff you have to pay for. I noticed you have over 2000 post on this site, so tell me what do you use it for if your not downloading custom cabs. Either You don't see the big picture, or youre being an idiot on purpose. But, hey you bought the nexus one which had horrible sales numbers and complaints the first month, so nough said. =D>
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

whats also funny is the fact that everyone keeps saying winmo is so customizable. its funny how long we waited for the hspl to be released and how this forum turned into a warzone. imagine if cmonex and olipro had passed away, the tp2 would never have gotten unlocked, would this phone still be all that customizable? Would anybody use the tp2 if we knew the hspl was never going to be released?
Old 02-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Wow! Are you serious! most of the free apps on the iphone are limited. The truly good stuff you have to pay for. I noticed you have over 2000 post on this site, so tell me what do you use it for if your not downloading custom cabs. Either You don't see the big picture, or youre being an idiot on purpose. But, hey you bought the nexus one which had horrible sales numbers and complaints the first month, so enough said.=D>
are you talking about sales numbers when comparing android to winmo? that statement says enough. the only complaints about the nexus one were those 3g complaints ( which i never had) and google already fixed that problem, so i really don't know what your point is. You obviously don't see the big picture which is why the billion dollar company agrees with me and you're sitting at home hoping they fail I can't believe you're even comparing apps for winmo compared to iphone and droid, you're obviously the idiot. I download custom cabs for my tp2 and thats because i need to just to get it to function like a next gen os, i've never had the need to do this on my nexus. I have over 2000 post on this site and i can create my own rom from scratch, i don't need mighty mike or anybody else, i am a ppcgeek guru, and i still say winmo 6 needs to die immediately.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
are you talking about sales numbers when comparing android to winmo? that statement says enough. the only complaints about the nexus one were those 3g complaints ( which i never had) and google already fixed that problem, so i really don't know what your point is. You obviously don't see the big picture which is why the billion dollar company agrees with me and you're sitting at home hoping they fail I can't believe you're even comparing apps for winmo compared to iphone and droid, you're obviously the idiot. I download custom cabs for my tp2 and thats because i need to just to get it to function like a next gen os, i've never had the need to do this on my nexus. I have over 2000 post on this site and i can create my own rom from scratch, i don't need mighty mike or anybody else, i am a ppcgeek guru, and i still say winmo 6 needs to die immediately.

=D> LMFAO wow! what an idiot, I'm dual booting WM and Andriod on my TP2 right now, so you currently have the ability to get both, but you want to pay to only have 1. You said you hate custom ROMS but now you create them.. which is it. Oh yah, And Mighty Mike will run circles around you!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
=D> LMFAO wow! what an idiot, I'm dual booting WM and Andriod on my TP2 right now, so you currently have the ability to get both, but you want to pay to only have 1. You said you hate custom ROMS but now you create them.. which is it. Oh yah, And Mighty Mike will run circles around you!
thats funny. your talking about having the ability to run android on your tp2, this is exactly what i'm talking about. if winmo is perfect why the hell would you want to run andoid on it? do you think any android user is saying damn, i want to dual boot android and winmo, but you see how many winmo users are tying to do this everywhere. i can run android on my tp2 as well why would i want to do that when it doesn't even function correctly, i've loaded the 1/25 version along time ago and that is crap compared to the nexus. yes i hate having to create custom roms but like i said earlier its a must for winmo. and no mighty mike can't run circles around my rom, i've used every mighty rom and have never stuck with it more then 1 hour. i build all my roms off calkulins kitchen which is far superior and more advanced. suckers go and just load someone else's rom, real ppcgeeks go create their own roms.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:59 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
whats also funny is the fact that everyone keeps saying winmo is so customizable. its funny how long we waited for the hspl to be released and how this forum turned into a warzone. imagine if cmonex and olipro had passed away, the tp2 would never have gotten unlocked, would this phone still be all that customizable? Would anybody use the tp2 if we knew the hspl was never going to be released?
Then we would take pitchforks to No2chem's house >.> jk..

that said it is obvious that android will surpass winmo...the revenue model of google is a lot more superior then microsofts. Personally I even plan to swap to android once a decent phone comes out for sprint..maybe the supersonic.

Also winmo 6 will never truly die, it will still continue as Windows Embed at least.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2