PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 12:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mt9260 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Windows Phone 7 on Touch Pro 2?

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this... (sorry if it isn't the right place)

I don't know if the hardware requirements are known yet, but does anyone know if we'll be able to upgrade our Touch Pro 2's to Windows Phone 7?
Old 02-15-2010, 12:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003
Re: Windows Phone 7 on Touch Pro 2?

We will not. Sprint will only get 6.5 whenever they plan on releasing it, might even be after Wm7 comes out...lol But only the Hd2 will get 7.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:28 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I don't think the tp2 has the processor 'required' and is not capacitive touch, but other than that, you can bet that here @ ppcgeeks there will be a w7p port.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

mt9260 is a n00b

=( I just got my TP2 and I've been really happy with it... but todays news just makes WM6.5 on my TP2 seem so obsolete... If there's a Windows Phone 7 port, I hope it runs smoothly...
Old 02-15-2010, 12:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PuckMercury is keeping up the good workPuckMercury is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt9260 View Post
=( I just got my TP2 and I've been really happy with it... but todays news just makes WM6.5 on my TP2 seem so obsolete... If there's a Windows Phone 7 port, I hope it runs smoothly...
1 - I doubt it would run smoothly simply due to the unfortunate reality that the TP2 is already rather dated by tech standards.

2 - WinMo 7 really seems like MS destroying one of the huge reasons everyone likes WinMo - customization and freedom in general. As far as I'm concerned - keep it.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

zxcvzxcv is a n00b

Shit, I just convinced a few people to buy TP2's because I thought the TP2 would be able to support WM7.

Windows 6.5 is still the best option for the next 10 months.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:50 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafy0003 View Post
We will not. Sprint will only get 6.5 whenever they plan on releasing it, might even be after Wm7 comes out...lol But only the Hd2 will get 7.
no update for tp2 to wp7, sorry thats just the way it is.

I don't even think hd2 will get an official update anymore, all wp7's seem to be using the 3 button design, and the hd2 still has 4 buttons, like the zune wp7 is suppose to only use 3 buttons. of course someone will be able to rip it and probably load it being the hardware supports it, but i doubt htc and windows will give it an official update, but of course i don't work for htc or windows so only time will tell.
Google is the next skynet
Old 02-15-2010, 01:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

Did anyone notice they avoided showing what the text msgs, emails and phone functionality look like, or am I missing videos here?

Wouldn't it be hilarious that they bring the oldschool look into it again? LOL
Old 02-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeZony0u View Post
Did anyone notice they avoided showing what the text msgs, emails and phone functionality look like, or am I missing videos here?

this shows what sms and the social networking tab look like. 1 contact all forms of contact in one place. its the people tab. email will probably be in there also. youre right though, no actual email and sms tab.

http://www.windowsphone7series.com/
Old 02-15-2010, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Tim Smith is keeping up the good workTim Smith is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeZony0u View Post

They skimmed over it to point out some of the major features. It'll fit the UI. We'll see more leading up to, during and after MIX.

Also the OS itself probably won't ever be ported but I'm sure someone will make a custom UI that resembles it heavily.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
touch pro2, upgrade, windows phone 7