PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 11:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 w/ EnergyRom
Carrier: Sprint

Ikonic is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: IPhone Rom for TP2??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3ster View Post
Really man? If you want an iphone, get one. Go for the shitty att coverage and be the follower that you truly are.

Why do some people insist on trying to make things what they aren't?

sidenote: you probably have a body kit on your civic don't you...
lol that is mean. but its kinda true. i vote that he does

Old 02-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

keiichi626 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Wow, just realized that was kinda mean.

Sorry about that, but come on!
Haha...just laughed my ass off on that one. Not often you see a retraction on PPCG...props!
Old 02-10-2010, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 w/ EnergyRom

Ikonic is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiichi626 View Post
Haha...just laughed my ass off on that one. Not often you see a retraction on PPCG...props!
It didnt need one i dont think anything funny needs to be retracted lol
Old 02-10-2010, 11:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by capflyer1 View Post
Going WAY out on a limb here and I know that this is probably sacrilegious for all the hardcore WM fans, but I was wondering if anyone had ever tried developing a ROM for the IPhone OS (similar to the Android project).

I know getting a hold of the source code would probably be nearly impossible, but maybe someone has tried..

I just know that so far Iphone is more universally accepted as far as APPS go and also appears to be more synergistic with it's hardware.

Hardware being mentioned, the I-Phone is older than our TP2, so as far as hardware goes it seems like we'd have more than enough internally to make it work..

Anways, like I said probably pointless and probably makes a lot of folks grumble, but I was just wondering if this had ever been attempted, and if so what were the results...
stop it.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by capflyer1 View Post
Going WAY out on a limb here and I know that this is probably sacrilegious for all the hardcore WM fans, but I was wondering if anyone had ever tried developing a ROM for the IPhone OS (similar to the Android project).

I know getting a hold of the source code would probably be nearly impossible, but maybe someone has tried..

I just know that so far Iphone is more universally accepted as far as APPS go and also appears to be more synergistic with it's hardware.

Hardware being mentioned, the I-Phone is older than our TP2, so as far as hardware goes it seems like we'd have more than enough internally to make it work..

Anways, like I said probably pointless and probably makes a lot of folks grumble, but I was just wondering if this had ever been attempted, and if so what were the results...

Even though this idea is considered blasphemy, go on XDA and look for the sony xperia panels for tp2, there was something about an iphone panel

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 02-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

If I see one more post about making any WM phone look like an iPhone I am gonna claw my own eyes out.

Just get a damn iPhone if you want one. Yeesh. Sorry to be harsh but god.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 02-10-2010, 01:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
If I see one more post about making any WM phone look like an iPhone I am gonna claw my own eyes out.

Just get a damn iPhone if you want one. Yeesh. Sorry to be harsh but god.
lmfao, i think you speak for most of us,if not all of us with that statement, or we should make a thread for iphone wannabees
Old 02-10-2010, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide

Quote:
sidenote: you probably have a body kit on your civic don't you...
It was mean, but that was funny!
Old 02-10-2010, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

aj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Anything that has the iPhone in the title, WE KNOW isn't going anywhere!! We are a versitile bunch and well, the iPhone isn't. There was a post here sometime ago about porting over the iPhone OS and the OP said that he/she was going to give a bounty for it. After a lot of people posted about legal issuse surrounding the creation of the port let alone posting it (which would cause even more legal issues BTW) that just went down the drain. Like others have said, if you like it, go buy it (you know, I hear they have a JUMBO one too!!) Now there was an iPhone "rom" made for the TP1 some time ago, maybe if you find that thread, the creater may make one up for the TP2. But as far as you finding someone to port that over to the TP2, no one wants the keys to that civic!! We prefer the big body supercharged V8 Mercury Marauder!!
Old 02-10-2010, 03:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

well...why does everyone want the iphone? why not the meizu m8???

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2