PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Battery Don't Last a Full Day, need suggestion which program is causing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobturismo View Post
Also your phone is in "Global" mode out of the box, you can switch it to just "CDMA" and then switch it back if you ever travel out of the country.

settings/phone/netwrok
My day usually is - after overnight charging to unplugged - 8am - 6pm: 100% to 40% battery.

I am on SPCS & started using this setting recently too esp. since they share basically the same towers as the big red VZW.

Seems to have improve battery life somewhat. Not incredibly measureable but it is noticeable to me.

This & turning off push email to checking on a 30+ min schedule instead of "as mail arrives" has mitigated the drain somewhat.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTOR818 View Post
thanks for the tips

btw

what does this do ?

Set battery poll interval to 50000(via a reg editor- HKLM>drivers>builtin>battery)

??

thanks
Think of it like the CPU "pinging" the battery. It's the interval at which the CPU checks the battery's charge level. Ironically, it eats battery just to check the battery, so less battery polling means less juice consumption. This one makes a big difference for me.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q_Q View Post
My day usually is - after overnight charging to unplugged - 8am - 6pm: 100% to 40% battery.

I am on SPCS & started using this setting recently too esp. since they share basically the same towers as the big red VZW.

Seems to have improve battery life somewhat. Not incredibly measureable but it is noticeable to me.

This & turning off push email to checking on a 30+ min schedule instead of "as mail arrives" has mitigated the drain somewhat.
much better battery life than ive been having lately, are u running a 6.5 or 6.1 rom? thats similiar to the battery life i use to have on 6.1 but every since i flashed to 6.5 it doesnt last as long as it use to with 6.1

on 6.5 im lucky to last from 8am to 12pm
Old 02-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
much better battery life than ive been having lately, are u running a 6.5 or 6.1 rom? thats similiar to the battery life i use to have on 6.1 but every since i flashed to 6.5 it doesnt last as long as it use to with 6.1

on 6.5 im lucky to last from 8am to 12pm
Stock 6.1 FROM Sprint.
Today: 110pm @ 85%.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hi, I went from VzW 6.1 to 6.5 and also was not really "thrilled" with my battery life, although it wasnt terrible.

It seems the last few days my battery life has been VERY good. My phone as been off the charger now for 6.5 hours and I am at 86%.

The changes that seemed to make the biggest difference for me are...

1) set battery polling to 60000 (once per minute)
2) turn off "auto screen brightness", set to 40%
3) set the data connection to drop after 60 seconds of inactivity
4) I also did some "deep cycling" of the battery as others have described

I would say my battery life seems to have nearly DOUBLED!

I know its frustrating - but stay with it!

I found a good "check" for me was to use Dr Sig Stat battery monitor. Then I set the Backlight to the lowest setting, and unchecked the "turn off backlight after..." and "turn off device if not..."

Then I just let the thing sit there with JUST Dr Sig Stat running.
Watch your mAh! Mine does some funky things which I am sure everyones does but with these settings sitting idle...I am seeing about a 45mAh draw.

Check yours - see what you find!

Also recommend using dotFred Task Manager - go into Services and disable (hold on an item and select Manual) junk (like CM Guardian!).
Old 02-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Almost a VIP

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff

^ Yeah thats one thing I forgot to include- auto data disconnection & disabling CM Guardian. 2 of the first tweaks I perform with every rom flash.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post

1) set battery polling to 60000 (once per minute)
2) turn off "auto screen brightness", set to 40%
3) set the data connection to drop after 60 seconds of inactivity
4) I also did some "deep cycling" of the battery as others have described

I would say my battery life seems to have nearly DOUBLED!
How do you do this with the disconnect in 60 secs cab without getting the unable to answer calls issue?

Even if you install the resume#777 (for sprint) fix for that, the data connection arrows in the taskbar AND the data connections slider under the settings in Communication still shows solid connection!
Thus negating the the 60 sec drop fix.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
How do you do this with the disconnect in 60 secs cab without getting the unable to answer calls issue?

Even if you install the resume#777 (for sprint) fix for that, the data connection arrows in the taskbar AND the data connections slider under the settings in Communication still shows solid connection!
Hi, I did not do the #777 fix (only time I EVER get this error is during a power down).

I am still testing out the disconnect fix but so far I am able to answer MOST of my calls. Have not yet figured out the difference between calls I can answer and calls I can't answer. Will let you know if I do

As far as the data connection arrows - I have noticed SOMETIMES it will stick in the data connection present, no activity state. But for me this is not too often...again I have not quite figured out what is going on.

Try opening and closing your task manager when it sticks - this seems to unjam it for me.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Almost a VIP

Try this cab. Credit goes to Strra.
Attached Files
File Type: cab strra data disconnect 60seconds.cab (1.3 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-05-2010, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul --> TP --> TP2 --> Transform --> Epic

tkjames is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

This thread supposedly answers that:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=98128&page=1

I haven't tried it yet cuz I'm scared it'll jack up answering calls again, but I might give it a shot.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2