PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

wdaniels2007 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sceen light goes on and off during calls when touching your face

Good question bastian74..I was only going by was everyone was saying, but in the back of my mind I really was wondering what does g sensor have to do with the light going on and off. I thought it was just for calibration purposes.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:19 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

there is a reg edit, use the search and ill look around for it also, i use a payfor dialer that lets you decide if you wanba pay, its a great dialer/contacts app. dialer buttons are huge plus a ton of options like a text popup while in call when a new text arrives.
inesoft is the company.(thanx john)
Old 02-01-2010, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I don't think its a matter of changing the dialer, I'm strictly talking about the light going on and off when you touch your face with the phone during a call.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:31 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdaniels2007 View Post
Good question bastian74..I was only going by was everyone was saying, but in the back of my mind I really was wondering what does g sensor have to do with the light going on and off. I thought it was just for calibration purposes.
calibrating the g-sensor is for screen rotation purposes

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 02-01-2010, 03:34 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdaniels2007 View Post
I don't think its a matter of changing the dialer, I'm strictly talking about the light going on and off when you touch your face with the phone during a call.
your not reading, the dialer app allows you to kill the "screen off" part, my screen doesnt go off when phones at either ear. lol
Old 02-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Well, I found a PARTIAL fix.

You can make the following registry edit and it will kill the proximity sensor... the kicker is that you will (supposedly) lose your current dialer skin and will be kicked back to the default WinMo dialer screen

Here's the edit:
HKLM/Security/Phone/Skin, then change the 'Enabled' value to 0
Old 02-01-2010, 03:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

why would you want the screen to stay on during a call? it only turns off when your head is covering it up, meaning next to your ear. It saves battery and prevents accidental button presses. Having the screen stay on will contribute to heating up the device and battery drainage during long calls. It comes back on as soon as you pull it away from your head..............

you can try rhodium settings tool. it was made for the euro/gsm touch pro2, but the screen off feature may still works (look at the screen shot at the top right). i use it to disable push internet for real. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=549135

Last edited by lipidfats; 02-01-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:51 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
Well, I found a PARTIAL fix.

You can make the following registry edit and it will kill the proximity sensor... the kicker is that you will (supposedly) lose your current dialer skin and will be kicked back to the default WinMo dialer screen

Here's the edit:
HKLM/Security/Phone/Skin, then change the 'Enabled' value to 0
thats the one, i like default skin anyhow.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Eschelon, thank you for the fix, I'll give it a shot now..not really worried about the dialer.

lipidfats, the reason I want the light on is because when the light does off it doesn't always go back to the default dialer screen and if you have to use the keyboard to look up something like another number or go on call waiting it goes to the home screen instead of staying on the dialer screen. So it is a little annoying sometimes.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

bastian74 is becoming a great contributor

You probably pressed a button with your face before it went out.
To get back to the call screen from anywhere just hit the green/answer button.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2