PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 01:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

prboy1969 is keeping up the good workprboy1969 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Call and Internet at the same time ???

Help !!! So I have a Sprint Touch Pro 2 running the stock Rom WM 6.1 . I want to be able to make a call and surf the internet at th same time . Right ow I can't . I know someone who has an HTC Tilt 2 (TP2) , and he can be on a call and surf the net at the same time . So i know it's not a phone issue , more of a Sprint blocked it issue . Does anyone know how to fix this ?
Old 01-28-2010, 01:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Call and Internet at the same time ???

Has to be GSM service to do that.

~John
Noobsauce
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

CellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969 View Post
Help !!! So I have a Sprint Touch Pro 2 running the stock Rom WM 6.1 . I want to be able to make a call and surf the internet at th same time . Right ow I can't . I know someone who has an HTC Tilt 2 (TP2) , and he can be on a call and surf the net at the same time . So i know it's not a phone issue , more of a Sprint blocked it issue . Does anyone know how to fix this ?
Sprint is CDMA, AT&T is GSM. It's not so much a limitation of the phone as it is the technology Sprint uses. The only way around this is using WIFI.
how about, "superholyshitohmygodseriouslyyouguyslookatthis*** *ingmasterpieceivecreated"?
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jlee79 is a n00b

This can not be done on the Sprint network Bummer for me as well, oh well, long live SERO
Old 01-28-2010, 01:21 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:
Impossible while on CDMA. It's a pure tech limitation. Verizon and Sprint both use CDMA which does not let you be online and on a call at the same time. If you really want this only GSM supports it (i.e. AT&T or T-Mobile). The best you can do is be on wifi and on a call at the same time.

In other words, there will NEVER be a fix for Sprint, so it is IMPOSSIBLE. Sorry.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC
Carrier: sprint

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Really? do you have a T.V.? its the ONLY thing AT&T has over everybody else... other than having a cooler stock slider
Old 01-28-2010, 01:53 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydazed View Post
Really? do you have a T.V.? its the ONLY thing AT&T has over everybody else... other than having a cooler stock slider
I think the tilt too has a nonworking push to talk button that people have programmed to use as a camera button... Wish i had that, instead i have all upside down pictures since I use the volume up button as a camera button.

But you can be online via wifi and talk on the phone at the same time!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
Impossible while on CDMA. It's a pure tech limitation. Verizon and Sprint both use CDMA which does not let you be online and on a call at the same time. If you really want this only GSM supports it (i.e. AT&T or T-Mobile). The best you can do is be on wifi and on a call at the same time.

In other words, there will NEVER be a fix for Sprint, so it is IMPOSSIBLE. Sorry.
I wouldn't say never - & IMPOSSIBLE is incorrect.

http://www.wmexperts.com/cdma-develo...data-same-time

It is actually VERY possible - just depends if sprint wants to upgrade or not. Not sure if this would support existing devices if they even do it which I'm sure they will at some point. Could be a long ways away but it is there.

Quote:

Yea this would be nice but it's not the end of the world. I would much rather be on a better network then worry about that. I'm sure we will get it someday.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:58 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim-X View Post
I wouldn't say never - & IMPOSSIBLE is incorrect.

http://www.wmexperts.com/cdma-develo...data-same-time

It is actually VERY possible - just depends if sprint wants to upgrade or not. Not sure if this would support existing devices if they even do it which I'm sure they will at some point. Could be a long ways away but it is there.
I stand corrected. Would it be a correct statement to say it's impossible for the TP2 cause of current CDMA limitations?
Old 01-28-2010, 02:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
I stand corrected. Would it be a correct statement to say it's impossible for the TP2 cause of current CDMA limitations?

I would think so, I really don't know 2 much about it. I always thought it was impossible myself but came across that the other day and was very happy to read that.

I wouldn't really care if it worked on the tp2 or not unless they are planning on doing it pretty quick which I doubt. By the time it's out I'm sure new phones will be out that will support it out of the box. TP3 pro??? ha ha

Maybe by then sprint will have the iphone - at&t will have to stop running there stupid ads about talk and surf at the same time which is the 1 benefit they have.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2