PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 02:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: VZW

aguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Stuck at black "Touch Pro2" screen after flash? Read this.

Flash a GSM ROM to your CDMA Pro2, or vice versa, did you? Or just have a botched flash for whatever reason, and now you're stuck at the black Touch Pro2 splash screen? Not all hope is necessarily lost...

Since I've seen 4 or 5 of these threads in the last 24 hours I figured I may as well write up a quick guide to getting back up and running.

If you can access the tri-color (RGB) bootloader screen by simultaneously pressing Volume Down and Reset with the stylus, your phone is not bricked.

At this point you can flash back to your carrier's stock, shipped ROM, or if you have successfully flashed the correct HardSPL you can flash to a cooked ROM of your choice. To determine whether you have successfully HardSPL'd, look at the 2nd line of text while on the bootloader screen.

As of this posting, if your device is GSM (T-Mobile, AT&T, etc.), line 2 should contain 0.85.OliNex, or for CDMA (Verizon, Sprint, US Cellular, etc.) 1.00.OliNex. For updated version numbers, or to download HardSPL, please refer to the correct link below:

GSM HardSPL / CDMA HardSPL

It is recommended to confirm that you can flash back to your carrier's stock ROM before proceeding with installation of HardSPL or a cooked ROM at this point.

Download your stock ROM:

T-Mobile / AT&T / SHIPPED CDMA ROMs HERE

While in the bootloader, connect to your computer via USB and ensure that USB is displayed at the bottom of the device's screen. Start the installer you downloaded above, and complete the ROM installation.

To flash a cooked ROM from the SD instead, follow the instructions HERE.

If flashing a cooked ROM caused your phone not to boot, and you have confirmed that this ROM is suitable for your device (Rhodium + GSM or CDMA depending on your carrier's network), download the file again before attempting to re-flash it.

Good luck!

Last edited by aguenter322; 02-13-2010 at 08:56 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Stuck at black "Touch Pro2" screen after flash? Read this.

thank you i see atleast 2-3 of these topics per day
Old 01-19-2010, 02:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

aguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If there's anything I missed or if anyone has anything to add please let me know and I'll add it.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguenter322 View Post
If there's anything I missed or if anyone has anything to add please let me know and I'll add it.
I also recommend redownloading the custom rom again and reflash with the new download.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

may also want to add the non us carriers under gsm and cdma since most users ive seen have been non us gsm users trying to use the cdma hspl/roms
Old 01-19-2010, 02:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaine02 View Post
may also want to add the non us carriers under gsm and cdma since most users ive seen have been non us gsm users trying to use the cdma hspl/roms
Isn't CDMA only used in the US anyway? So should I just say "Non-US Carriers" or something to that effect?
Old 01-19-2010, 11:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

No, T-Mobile and ATT are GSM, VZW, Sprint, USC and Telus are CDMA.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

theblownbandito is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: Stuck at black "Touch Pro2" screen after flash? Read this.

thank you for posting this. I was worried there for a sec, but followed ur instructions and flashed back to stock. Now im redownloading the custom rom again that started the whole mess. Many thanks
Old 03-28-2010, 03:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6875
Carrier: verizon

thegoofyweirdo is a n00b

I tried everything you guys have said to try... When i load the bootloader screen, it flashes the tri-color screen then goes to "wiping user data/settings & any user installed applications... 1.) press VolUp to restore....2.)...3.)... etc." ANY HELP OR ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!
Old 03-28-2010, 04:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguenter322 View Post
Isn't CDMA only used in the US anyway? So should I just say "Non-US Carriers" or something to that effect?
No. CDMA handsets can roam in China and Taiwan, Guam, Guatemala, Indonesia, Vietnam, Israel, India, New Zealand, Thailand, Mexico, South Korea, much of South America, and a few Caribbean islands. That, and the US, and that covers about half of the world's population

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
brick, flash