PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Stuck at black "Touch Pro2" screen after flash? Read this. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106994)

aguenter322 01-19-2010 02:09 AM

Stuck at black "Touch Pro2" screen after flash? Read this.

Flash a GSM ROM to your CDMA Pro2, or vice versa, did you? Or just have a botched flash for whatever reason, and now you're stuck at the black Touch Pro2 splash screen? Not all hope is necessarily lost...

Since I've seen 4 or 5 of these threads in the last 24 hours I figured I may as well write up a quick guide to getting back up and running.

If you can access the tri-color (RGB) bootloader screen by simultaneously pressing Volume Down and Reset with the stylus, your phone is not bricked.

At this point you can flash back to your carrier's stock, shipped ROM, or if you have successfully flashed the correct HardSPL you can flash to a cooked ROM of your choice. To determine whether you have successfully HardSPL'd, look at the 2nd line of text while on the bootloader screen.

As of this posting, if your device is GSM (T-Mobile, AT&T, etc.), line 2 should contain 0.85.OliNex, or for CDMA (Verizon, Sprint, US Cellular, etc.) 1.00.OliNex. For updated version numbers, or to download HardSPL, please refer to the correct link below:

GSM HardSPL / CDMA HardSPL

It is recommended to confirm that you can flash back to your carrier's stock ROM before proceeding with installation of HardSPL or a cooked ROM at this point.

Download your stock ROM:

T-Mobile / AT&T / SHIPPED CDMA ROMs HERE

While in the bootloader, connect to your computer via USB and ensure that USB is displayed at the bottom of the device's screen. Start the installer you downloaded above, and complete the ROM installation.

To flash a cooked ROM from the SD instead, follow the instructions HERE.

If flashing a cooked ROM caused your phone not to boot, and you have confirmed that this ROM is suitable for your device (Rhodium + GSM or CDMA depending on your carrier's network), download the file again before attempting to re-flash it.

Good luck! :headbang:

Rager02 01-19-2010 02:17 AM

Re: Stuck at black "Touch Pro2" screen after flash? Read this.

thank you i see atleast 2-3 of these topics per day

aguenter322 01-19-2010 02:19 AM

If there's anything I missed or if anyone has anything to add please let me know and I'll add it.

coolwhip1220 01-19-2010 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aguenter322 (Post 1500724)
If there's anything I missed or if anyone has anything to add please let me know and I'll add it.

I also recommend redownloading the custom rom again and reflash with the new download.

Rager02 01-19-2010 02:33 AM

may also want to add the non us carriers under gsm and cdma since most users ive seen have been non us gsm users trying to use the cdma hspl/roms

aguenter322 01-19-2010 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmaine02 (Post 1500740)
may also want to add the non us carriers under gsm and cdma since most users ive seen have been non us gsm users trying to use the cdma hspl/roms

Isn't CDMA only used in the US anyway? So should I just say "Non-US Carriers" or something to that effect?

fishingmedic 01-19-2010 11:25 AM

No, T-Mobile and ATT are GSM, VZW, Sprint, USC and Telus are CDMA.

theblownbandito 02-11-2010 08:55 AM

thank you for posting this. I was worried there for a sec, but followed ur instructions and flashed back to stock. Now im redownloading the custom rom again that started the whole mess. Many thanks =D>

thegoofyweirdo 03-28-2010 03:20 AM

I tried everything you guys have said to try... :( When i load the bootloader screen, it flashes the tri-color screen then goes to "wiping user data/settings & any user installed applications... 1.) press VolUp to restore....2.)...3.)... etc." ANY HELP OR ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!! :(

TheBundo 03-28-2010 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aguenter322 (Post 1500745)
Isn't CDMA only used in the US anyway? So should I just say "Non-US Carriers" or something to that effect?

No. CDMA handsets can roam in China and Taiwan, Guam, Guatemala, Indonesia, Vietnam, Israel, India, New Zealand, Thailand, Mexico, South Korea, much of South America, and a few Caribbean islands. That, and the US, and that covers about half of the world's population