PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 09:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: pro2
Carrier: sprint

birddseedd is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
basic kitchen question

I used a rom and kitchen to edit someones rom and remove apps they had included, but how do i include other apps that the original rom did not have?

thanks in advance
Old 01-16-2010, 09:13 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: basic kitchen question

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
I used a rom and kitchen to edit someones rom and remove apps they had included, but how do i include other apps that the original rom did not have?

thanks in advance
whos kitchen did you use? the kitchen should have the options to add and remove programs already. Calkulins kitchen has everything loaded on it already. it is located here.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95635

to include other apps that aren't in the kitchen (calkulins kitchen has most used apps already) you would have to have the oems and add them to the kitchen. oems are located in the ext folder i think.
Google is the next skynet

Last edited by p-slim; 01-16-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Ervius kitchen

I can add and remove the set of apps that is currently in it, but i want to add programs that are not currently available in the rom.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:50 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Ervius kitchen

I can add and remove the set of apps that is currently in it, but i want to add programs that are not currently available in the rom.
Calkulin uses ervius kitchen, trust me the apps you want to add are already in calkulins kitchen. are you creating your kitchen from scratch? when i was asking which kitchen I meant ssk, calkulin, or erice, these are the only kitchens you should be using unless you also downloaded a kitchen from everythingdiamond website, they also have some good chefs. you can't create your own kitchen because you would still need to have the oems, sys, rom updater, exts and so much more added to the kitchen. A blank ervius kitchen will give you nothing. You need to download a ervius kitchen that already has that stuff in it, no one can walk you thru how to create a kitchen from scratch on this website. If you ripped the rom and have all your folders set up already in the kitchen then its as simple as adding the oems to the correct folder.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I downloaded the kitchen from everythingdiamond. it was about 7 megs and did not contain any apps. in fact it threw a few errors.

I then downloaded indy's rom (ripped i think?). I extracted the files into the kitchen folder. that gave the missing folders, ext, sys and so on. (i believe those were it)

now when i Ran it, it would let me make roms, gave me the apps and what not.

I can assure you that no kitchen has all of the apps i want as i will soon be making my own app (.net) for my job. this is one of the programs that I want to include in the kitchen so i can include it into the rom.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Here is an example. the rom comes with an older version of google maps.

I want to download the cab for the new version of google maps and have that included in the kitchen so i can make a new rom that will include the new version of google maps.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:07 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Here is an example. the rom comes with an older version of google maps.

I want to download the cab for the new version of google maps and have that included in the kitchen so i can make a new rom that will include the new version of google maps.
i'm sorry i don't have any info regarding that kitchen, but if the kitchen can't even create a stock rom right from download something is wrong with that kitchen. If you download ssk, calkulin, or erice kitchen from ppcgeeks all you have to do is take the rom you have, unpackage your rom and then add the oem for the new google maps into the kitchen. Erice, calkulin, and ssk already have the new google maps in their kitchen though. Since we're on ppcgeeks website it will be easier for most of us to help if you're using a kitchen that most ppcgeeks use.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

this is the part that i do not get 'add the oem for the new google maps into the kitchen"

using Calkulinkitchen how would I add a new app into the kitchen so i can use that app in cooking a rom. Am i simply copying the app to a certain folder. if so what format must the app be in?

i know these are noob questions but i havent found a faq yet that answers them.

what is an OEM?
Old 01-16-2010, 10:24 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
this is the part that i do not get 'add the oem for the new google maps into the kitchen"

using Calkulinkitchen how would I add a new app into the kitchen so i can use that app in cooking a rom. Am i simply copying the app to a certain folder. if so what format must the app be in?

i know these are noob questions but i havent found a faq yet that answers them.

what is an OEM?
a cab is used to install a program after a rom is on the phone, an oem is used to install the program on the phone before you cook your rom. If the rom hasn't been cooked cabs won't work so therefore you would need the oem. basically what you need is the oem for the new google maps if you want to cook it into a rom. If you need the new google maps oem, i'm pretty sure i could find it for you but it seems like you wouldn't know what to do with it. To be honest the old google maps is better because it give you better tower locks ( the reason you get instant locks right when you open google maps) the new version of google maps has issues with tower locks.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
a cab is used to install a program after a rom is on the phone, an oem is used to install the program on the phone before you cook your rom. If the rom hasn't been cooked cabs won't work so therefore you would need the oem. basically what you need is the oem for the new google maps if you want to cook it into a rom. If you need the new google maps oem, i'm pretty sure i could find it for you but it seems like you wouldn't know what to do with it. To be honest the old google maps is better because it give you better tower locks ( the reason you get instant locks right when you open google maps) the new version of google maps has issues with tower locks.
That is kind of what I figured. so once I obtain the oem of a program which folder do i put it in to use it in the kitchen? do I have to add the oem and then edit a file to tell he kitchen that its there?
From what i gather you put the oem's specific to the phone in a folder for the device, and the oem's for any device in a folder named shared.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2