PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC

murducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[Guide] USCC TP2 to EnergyROM

This Guide will help you unlock, flash, setup MMS and tweak your USCC branded Touch Pro 2 to the custom EnergyRom.

Seeing how there is not a lot of support for us USCC peeps. I have decided to put together this thread to help out my fellow USCC.

***Warning*** I take no responsibility for you using and/or following this guide, DO AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF you brick you phone it's your fault. READ READ READ and if you think you are ready READ some more!!

Post 1: Guide to HardSPL and Flash
Post 2: SMS/MMS, GPS and Data
Post 3: Radio Info
Post 4: Tweaks/Fixes
Post 5: Saved (TBA)

Quick Info
USCC Touch Pro 2
Name: Rhodium
CDMA Worldphone
WVGA Device

Save all of the files you download, you will need to go back to them from time to time. I would recommend creating a Rhodium Folder on your PC save all files there.

Step 1. HARDSPL your phone.

To learn how to HardSPL your phone and download the HardSPL visit RhodiumW CDMA Worldphone HardSPL Unlocker Release

READ READ READ READ.. THEN READ SOME MORE

The files you will need for your USCC phone are:
The HardSPL itself RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3_100HSPL.zip and the relocker RhodiumW_SPLRelocker_063.zip

Follow the instructions and HARDSPL your phone.

*NOTE* when you HARDSPL your phone it ONLY gives you the ability to flash to a custom ROM, because the Touch Pro 2 is a CDMA Worldphone, if you want to flash to a different radio you will need to security unlock your phone. Please see Post 3 for more info on that.

Step 2. Download a USCC Stock Rom

Download here: Rhodium_W_WM65_US_Cellular_WWE_2.01.573.3.exe

Step 3. Download EnergyRom

In my opinion EnergyRom is the S**t I have tried others but always come back to NRG.

There are two EnergyRom threads for the Touch Pro 2, one for Sense 2.1 and one for Sense 2.5

Sense 2.1 Thread - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86491
Sense 2.5 Thread - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86489

Post 1 will have the link to the roms, download and extract the version of the rom you want.

Step 4. Flash via SD Card.

Make sure you have already HARDSPL'd your phone, if not you will brick your phone.

Copy the RHODIMG.nbh from the extracted zip file your downloaded in step 3 to the ROOT of your SD Card.

For detailed instructions on how to flash a rom please visit cornelious2's HOW TO: flash a Rom or Radio on your TP2 from the SD card

*Tip* To enter bootloader mode (red/green/blue screen), Power off your TP2 (not just sleep) press and hold the volume bottom and power button till the bootloader mode starts.

Step 5. Hard Reset after a flash
Whenever you flash to a new rom or updated rom, let the setup run, you will want to perform a hard reset. To do this go to Start > Settings > System > Wipe Device

Now many perform the "flash dance" where as: before flashing to an updated rom, they flash back to the stock rom, then flash to the new rom, and perform a hard rest.

I have tired this and found it is not need, but this is me. I always do 2 hard reset after a flash.

Step 6. Get Data, SMS/MMS working
Please see Post 2 for information.

Step 7. Fixes
Please see Post 4 for Keyboard and other fixes.

Step 8. Customize

Check out Post 4 for tweaks. You should be good to go now. Learn how to use Sashimi to push all of your settings every time you flash check out my [Guide] Murducky's Guide to Auto User Customization

Step 9. I need to flash back to stock and re lock for warranty.

Well in step 2, you download the stock rom. Flash to it. Then follow this guide to re-lock your phone.

Great Guide from cornelious on the re-locking process, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333 , the below taken from him. Read their full post

RELOCKING

Relocking is actually MUCH easier than unlocking. There is really just two steps.

step 1.) Flash a stock SHIPPED rom (not dumped while a dumped rom is just the stock rom, the certificates are signed wrong and once you flash the locker it will give an invalid rom error.

step 2.) entering bootloader by using the sspl exe linked above, flash the relocker this again is a flash exactly like a normal rom flash except for your mode of entering bootloader. after these two steps are done, you are relocked.

A few people have mentioned hitting the unbootable cycle when relocking just like when unlocking. if this happens, just flash the stock shipped rom again.

Use the relocker RhodiumW_SPLRelocker_063.zip

*Note* The USCC stock ROM version, includes a boot-loader (splash screen) and OS (ROM) but it does not flash your HARDSPL, you will need to re lock using the info above.

Last edited by murducky; 01-11-2010 at 02:45 AM.
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

murducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [Guide] USCC TP2 to EnergyROM

Post 2: SMS/MMS, GPS and Data

Data & Phone codes

Out of the box EnergyRom should be configured for our data, You do not need to install a USC Carrier Cab.

Update Roaming list

I do dial *228 and press talk and perform a roaming list update

Phone Codes

Phone Codes at the time of this guide I have not tested phone codes.

SMS & MMS

Out of the box SMS works but MMS does not.

MMS For Titanium, Manila 2.1 or Sense 2.1

Install apristel_Arcsoft MMS_USCellular_5_0_94_128c.cab (attached), soft reset.

*Note* If you get an error that the above cab will not install, then you will need to install "Remove PictureMail & Arcsoft.cab" (attached) first then soft reset. Then install the cab above.

You now have MMS

Here is the Server info for those of you who want it:
You can add a server via SMS / MMS > Options > MMS Options > Servers Tab > New

Enter the below info

Server name: usc
Gateway: left blank
Port number: 80
Server address: http://mmsc1.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS
Connect via: Network
Send Limit: 500k
(if you have a WAP setting set to NONE)

MMS for Sense 2.5 (new build of 2.5 2011 have arcsoft built in)
Navigate to the Messaging Tab > All Messages > Menu > Settings > Options > Menu > MMS Server > + New

Enter the following settings

Server name: USC
Gateway: (Leave blank)
Server address: http://mmsc1.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS?X-USC-MDN=your 10 digit number here (example: http://mmsc1.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS?X-USC-MDN=5415551234) *the server is CASE SENSITIVE enter in as shown*
Connect Via:My ISP (or USC Or whatever your data connection is)
Send Limit: 1024 KB
WAP: None

Then click Done.

Set USC as Default. Soft Reset.

You will be able to send MMS using the HTC Messaging but to view MMS you will have to go to WM Messaging via Start > Internet > Messaging > SMS/MMS

MMS for EnergyROM Sense 2.5 Feb 1 Build Work Around

First off USC MMS just wont work with sense 2.5 (at least not that I can get it to work AND i have tried everything). But there are some work arounds that i have found that i now can get both Pic & Vid MMS.

First, set up your MMS Server in the HTC Messaging like this.

Navigate to the Messaging Tab > All Messages > Menu > Settings > Options > Menu > MMS Server > + New

Enter the following settings

Server name: USC
Gateway: (Leave blank)
Server address: http://mmsc1.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS?X-USC-MDN=your 10 digit number here (example: http://mmsc1.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS?X-USC-MDN=5415551234) *the server is CASE SENSITIVE enter in as shown*
Connect Via:My ISP (or USC Or whatever your data connection is)
Send Limit: 1024 KB
WAP: None

Then click Done.

Set USC as Default.

Next NRGZ has enabled Windows Mobile SMS/MMS as well. To access WM SMS/MMS go to Start > Internet > Messaging > SMS/MMS

OR if you have an email setup, click Email Tab > inbox then slide over to SMS/MMS

Second, Now Setup the WM Messaging MMS Server via Start > Internet > Messaging > SMS/MMS > Options > MMS Options > CDMA Servers Tab > New

Enter the below info

Connect via: My ISP
Send Limit: 300k

Set USC as Default.

Third...
Now how this works. You can send PIC and MMS via HTC Messaging but you cannot view pic or vid MMS via HTC Messaging (you will get a text in HTC messaging but it will be blank and have no attachment).

You have to go to the WM SMS/MMS Start > Internet > Messaging > SMS/MMS) to view your pics and MMS just like you did on Sense 2.1

GPS Settings

Your location setting must be turn ON for GPS to work. For time to time some builds of EnergyROM this setting is set to OFF.

To turn on Location go to:

Start > Settings > Personal > Phone > Services > Location Setting > Get Settings > Turn ON

Soft Reset You will now have GPS.

QuickGPS - Is a program that can speed up the time for determining your GPS position by downloading the latest satellite data via data or internet connection.

EnergyROM has QuickGPS. You can run the program via Start > GPS > QuickGPS > Download

Last edited by murducky; 02-09-2010 at 11:38 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Post 3: Radio Info

Stock Radio

How to rate Radios / How can I view my signal levels?

##33284# is the DEBUG menu. If you are prompted for a password, enter 183729. Under here you should look at the following 3 sections (the closer to 0 you are, the better):
Rx Power
Rx Ec/Io
Rx FER

Last edited by murducky; 01-11-2010 at 02:11 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Post 4: Tweaks/Fixes

Fixes

#777 Error
IF you get the #777 Data Error over and over, follow these directions to fix the #777 issue. Instructions by linkedinomaha

1. Go to Settings
2. All Settings
3. Connections
4. Connections (again)
5. Manage Existing Connections
at this point you will see "My connection" or something like that with the #777 number. Make sure that is selected.
6. Click on Edit
7. Next
8. Next
You will now be at a username, password and Domain screen. Leave the username and Domain blank.
9. Enter in your 10 digit password (the is your phone number example 5415551234)
10. Hit finish and then Ok.

**If it says "are you sure you wanna do this?" just hit yes. You may also want to do a soft reset.**

There you go. No more annoying #777 error messages. Enjoy.

Keyboard Fix
Is all of you FN keys not the correct one? Install the USCC_Keyboard_Fix[1].cab and your FN Keys will work correctly now.

Text Message from the Future
If you are getting SMS/MMS and the year says 2016 and you are wondering why your threading is messed up.
HTC has released the official fix here http://www.htc.com/us/support/touch-...lar/downloads/ or see attached USC SMS Time stap fix.zip

My Radio/Bar Signal Icon is a white icon with an X

This is because our CDMA Worldphone once flashed is looking for a Sim Card. The Sim Card slot is behind the battery. To solve this issue you can purchase a blank Sim Card from ebay or wherever you like.

Info on SIM Card from
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmy72 View Post
You most certainly can use the SIM Card. I have T-Mobile SIM card, that can be used on T-Mobile service with a USCC TP2. You have to use the SIM Security Unlocker first. This will allow you to flash the WU Radio Instead of the WV radio that is presently installed. After you install the WU Radio, your phone will be unlocked to use on any US GSM Carrier.

You can use the SIM Card without unlocking SIM when you are in another country as is. This is a global phone that can be used ANYWHERE! (Except perhaps on the space station)

Tweaks

Enable SMS/MMS with Sense 2.5

HKLM/system/inbox/accounts/external accounts/sms and rename "sms" to "sms.htc"

Set Data to turn off
Navigate to Start > Tools > Tweaks > WVGA Tweak > Section 6 Data

Select 6.1 Disconnect after set to 1 minute. or whatever you prefer.

Set Backlight
Navigate to Start > Backlight
Select the level > I usually run around 3 sets of bars

Change U.S. Cellular to Custom Text
Download and install Personalizer_3.1.cab (attached) then run the program from Start > Personalizer > Set any Custom Text you want.

Auto Wallpaper Changer
Download and install AntWorksAutoWallpaperChanger.cab (attached) then run the program from Start > Auto Wallpaper Changer. You can set the Windows Moblie wallpaper as well the Sense Wallpaper to change from a specified directory and a specified interval. Enjoy!

Track My Phone
Download and installer SmartPhoneTrackerFreeInstall1.37.0.0.CAB (attached) or visit http://smartphonetracker.blogspot.com/ for updates and how to use.

Get Current GPS Location
Download and install GPS_Location_v1.0.cab (attached) then run via Start for your current GPS Location send via sms, etc

Take Screenshots for troubleshooting
Download and install SpbScreenshot_setup[1].cab (attached) then run via start.

Local Cities under Weather Tab
Download and install Manila_v2.1_USA_Cities_Weather_DB[1].cab, soft reset, from the weather tab you now will be able to browse by state the down to cities.

Keyboard Sliding Sounds
CMYLXGO has made this package of some pimp sounds, download and install CMYLXGOs.MEGA.Sliding.Sound.Pack[1].cab, soft reset, then run via > Start > Settings > Personal > Keyboard Sliding Sound

Program your phone via EPST
Download and install BAFMSL[1].cab this will give you the unlock code to edit your phone programing via EPST.

Last edited by murducky; 02-16-2010 at 04:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Post 5: Saved (TBA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevopativo View Post
I found what I believe to be every code available on the Touch Pro as there were no others listed in the folder that handles these codes! If you'd like to snoop the folder yourself go to HKLM\Services\PhoneExt\KeyProgram
It's amazing what you can find when you're bored!
I applied my own labels to each one for my own reference so they may not be completely accurate.

##778# - EPST - Advanced Programming - This can also be accessed from the windows folder as EPST.exe
##786# - EPST - Reverse Logistic
##4772579# - RESETs
##37872# - Full Speed USB Mode - Enable/Disable
##8626337# - EPST/Vocoder -
##2539# - EPST/A-Key - Authentication Key
##7738# - EPST/P_Rev - Protocol Revision
##3282# - EPST - Basic Programming
##775# - EPST/PRL - PRL Settings
##3386# - DDTM - Enable/Disable
##33284# - Debug - FieldTrial Debug Info - This can also be accessed from the windows folder as FieldTrial.exe
##3424# - DMR - PORT INFO - This can also be accessed from the windows folder as DMRouter.exe
##MSL# - MSL is your MSL code which you type in place of the letters MSL. To get your MSL code you can call your service provider and ask them to run you through the steps to program your phone. During this process they should have you type in ##yourMSL#. This should be a 6 digit number. They normally do this with a customer when they have issues with internet/voicemail/text messaging problems or when you call to activate a new phone on your account. Alltel uses ##000000#.

If you don't prefer to talk to your Service Provider you can also aquire your MSL code manually.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42871

I'm pretty sure these will work just as well for the Diamond. Verizons version may just be a slight variation...possibly just the send button at the end of the code instead of the #. Can anyone confirm?

Have fun and be safe! Always Back Up!

Last edited by murducky; 01-14-2010 at 01:26 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jmy72 Send a message via Yahoo to jmy72

Quote:
Originally Posted by murducky View Post

This is because our CDMA Worldphone once flashed is looking for a Sim Card. The Sim Card slot is behind the battery. To solve this issue you can purchase a blank Sim Card from ebay or wherever you like. You will not be able to use it because we are CDMA but you need it in there to make the icon go away.

Just so that you know dude, That is not exactly 100% correct. You most certainly can use the SIM Card. I have T-Mobile SIM card, that can be used on T-Mobile service with a USCC TP2. You have to use the SIM Security Unlocker first. This will allow you to flash the WU Radio Instead of the WV radio that is presently installed. After you install the WU Radio, your phone will be unlocked to use on any US GSM Carrier.

You can use the SIM Card without unlocking SIM when you are in another country as is. This is a global phone that can be used ANYWHERE! (Except perhaps on the space station)
Old 01-14-2010, 01:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmy72 View Post
Just so that you know dude, That is not exactly 100% correct. You most certainly can use the SIM Card. I have T-Mobile SIM card, that can be used on T-Mobile service with a USCC TP2. You have to use the SIM Security Unlocker first. This will allow you to flash the WU Radio Instead of the WV radio that is presently installed. After you install the WU Radio, your phone will be unlocked to use on any US GSM Carrier.

Thanks for the update.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 T7379
Carrier: at&t

jijma is a n00b

A big thanks to Murducky. I have been searching for days to add MMS to my TP2 until I stumbled on to your thread. I have the following set up:

Telus TP2 (T7379) worldphone unlocked
GSM Carrier: AT&T (I do not use the CDMA in the U.S.)
ROM: 1.19.661.3 (Stock)
Radio: 1.92.00WV
WM 6.1 (no MMS !!)
CE OS 5.2.21052(Build 21052.1.6.5)

I bought this unlocked in EBay from Canada. AT&T changed the keyboard layout which is really cumbersome! So I went with the Telus TP2 Worldphone. My old phone was the TyTn II.

I loaded your apristel Arcsoft MMS USCellular 5.0.94.128c.cab. Then I used the settings used by AT&T instead of USCC:

Server Name: AT&T MMS
Gateway: wireless.cingular.com
Port Number: 80
Server Address: (http) mmsc.cingular.com
Connect via MEdia Net
Sending Size limitation: 300k (set by AT&T)==> I did not touch this setting.
WAP Version: WAP 2.0

The MEdia Net Settings are:
Connection Name MEdia Net
Select A Modem: Cellular Line (GPRS, 3G)
Access Point Name: wap.cingular
User Name: (leave this blank)
Password: (leave this blank)
Domain: (leave this blank)

When sending MMS I selected the Pic/Video options. I had to play with the resolution of the photos due to AT&T's limitations. I was able to send VGA (640x480). I will try the higher resolutions later but I do not think it will send much higher resolutions than this. I was able to tweak the camera on this to take about 5 megapixels! (thanks PPCGeeks!). Used CeRegEditor, Total Commander, and Advanced Configurator v3.3 for some of my other tweaks. Great tools! I confirmed I was able to send AND receive MMS! Now I have the option to send via MMS or via E-mail. I love having options!

I am fairly new at this tweaking stuff. But I really loved the challenge and I am glad I stumbled on to your thread! Thank you again. I hope my information above helps out some poor lost soul out there.

Oh, BTW, did I tell you I really love this computer? The TP2 is a computer with phone features!=D> Hats off to HTC and to you guys!
Old 01-15-2010, 01:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular

linkedinomaha is just getting started

Quote:
Second, Now Setup the WM Messaging MMS Server via Start > Internet > Messaging > SMS/MMS > Options > MMS Options > CDMA Servers Tab > New

Enter the below info

Connect via: My ISP
Send Limit: 300k

Set USC as Default.
I do not have the an MMS options page. When I click on the SMS/MMS account the only options I have are to send a call back number. What am I doing wrong??
MaxManilla 3.0
Old 01-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkedinomaha View Post
I do not have the an MMS options page. When I click on the SMS/MMS account the only options I have are to send a call back number. What am I doing wrong??
what ROM and version are you using.. did you install the remove PIC Cab if so that why

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2