PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 06:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi
Carrier: Sprint

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is something wrong with me?? Custom ROMS = Not impressed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bast525 View Post
hmmmm I've tethered quite a bit with the stock rom and never gotten charged for it. I installed an ICS cab that I've had for years and made my own shortcut in the start menu...

As for soft resetting every day, THAT is CRAP!! On the stock ROM I usually go a week without soft resetting at all! And the only reason I do soft reset once a week is to rotate between my two batteries to try to use/charge them equally. Stock rom has AMAZED me with it's rock solid stability... the only time I EVER have a problem is with Palringo... I LOVE the app but once in a while it does lock up and cause me to need to soft reset.

I just dont see what is so good about 6.5 vs. 6.1, unless you love Titanium. I dont really see much other difference, I mean the kinetic scrolling is a little different, and the menus, but HTC already did a good job with all that in 6.1. So, what am I missing?
Hate to get off topic but i had to say WHATUP to a fellow Virginian. lol Im from Norfolk
Old 01-10-2010, 09:58 AM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide

I have to say I just got my phone two days ago, and I see no need to run a custom ROM. After having the Mogul and TP1 there was a need to flash ASAP, but I'm quite satisfied with this Stock after some tweaking.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

mathiass is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to mathiass

Quote:
Originally Posted by bast525 View Post
As for soft resetting every day, THAT is CRAP!! On the stock ROM I usually go a week without soft resetting at all! And the only reason I do soft reset once a week is to rotate between my two batteries to try to use/charge them equally.
any particular reason you feel it is "crap"? with mr. x rom, from going to the program tab and pushing the soft reset button to a ready home screen takes (I just did it) 1 minute and 45 seconds, and that was even with a text message being received when sense was loading. Two minutes of anyone's day is nothin to complain about. The only reason I do that is I want as much free memory as possible at all times, and the best way to get that I have learned is a soft reset. I really don't have to do it every day, I could get away with every few days, but I'm just OCD bout some things I guess lol.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

LMAO I installed the new stock rom for mine.. it stayed on 30 min.. ahahhaa... went back to enrgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizztzou View Post
I hate stock Rom so I re-flash it to custom rom the first day I got it

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:27 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathiass View Post
if you are looking for speed and responsiveness man I suggest you try juggalo_x's rom, Mr. X ROM. My tp2 is so responsive even after loading a bunch of apps and crap into it. I will say at least once a day soft reset, but that's nothing to complain about at all

Here's the rom thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91898

edit: you have been hard-resetting after rom flashes right? that helps a bunch
if you have to soft reset once a day thats junk, ive been running a stock official 6.5 rom for 2 months now and I can go a week without soft reseting and thats only cause a app either caused a freeze or im loading software that requires a soft reset....

Prime example why I stay stock.................... Also I swear I rememeber everyone saying this stock was rock stable while waiting for hspl, now that theres customs it sucks now???????? I agree cant get all the eye candy with stock, but I need a reliable phone that wont freeze while texting or rotating the screen or wierd joo joo :lol

As mentioned above, every now and then you will find a nice bugless custom rom......... But thats few and far in between........

I got 2.1 sense on my stock 6.5. thats good enough for to hold me over till the Leo, which will definantly not require a custom.......

now if they get some winmo 7 stuff on our tp2s then count me in, ill try em, if there not too too buggy.......

All about preference and experiences, and these are mine.... Im not knockin no one or any cook... It is fun to flash a rom every now and again to see some newer things :u

Off topic but BING rocks........

Last edited by Dragon2; 01-10-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I agree................and I am runnung a WM6.1 that I cooked myself.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:48 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Well... one thing that always wins with stock roms is everything works...
Old 01-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The new scrolling alone is worth moving up to 6.5, regardless of whether or not it's a little slower (which I don't know to be true). That and it's nice to switch to titanium every once in awhile. I've bounced around a lot of ROMs and the more I do the more I realize that custom ROMs have a lot of stuff under the hood that I'd have to track down and install on my own to be able to do some of the things I like doing (updated .net, etc).
Old 01-10-2010, 08:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

mathiass is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to mathiass

wow I never realized it was such a "junk" or "crap" thing to want to soft-reset often. I had no idea 2 minutes was such a huge deal. my bad

I'm stickin with Mr. X rom as no other rom has performed as well or as fast (incl. stock rom) in my opinion
Old 01-10-2010, 08:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

I've used the stock sprint rom for a while but gotten bored of it and did find several issue with opera where if you go keep backing up a page it won't back up all the way where you started. I even hard reset with nothing installed and it still did it. Also I use quickmenu which had issues with it. Anytime I clicked one of the programs in the programs menu it launched quick menu. Those 2 issues alone made me upgrade.

I'm now using MM WAR rom and its the best for me. I like the contacts tab layout vs stocks. No opera or quickmenu issue and in opera when I reply to a thread it automatically moves the screen so I can see what I'm typing. On stock I would have to scroll then clock on the reply box again where i left off.

There are several other benifits but overall I like it way better than stock.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2