PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 08:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

machek is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Win6.5 out!

I'm pretty excited about this rom, I installed HD walls, Clear gray box behind the clock, no curtains, and the no dirty rain cab (the thing that makes your screen clear rather then dark when running other backrounds and showing the rain animation), backround for all tabs, and the phone looks awesome and works great!! I actually got sent a refirb because my phone, well I dont want to re-live it, but lets just say doesnt work anymore. The cool thing is the refirb ran lower ram then the original one I had. I sat at about 80% usage on the old one, before mods, and this one ran 50% before mods!! After installing this 6.5, I'm running 50% at start, then maybe runs up to 63% after a few hours!! I could never run that low with my old phone. I wonder if the no push internet cab will make it run even lower??

Did find one glitch at one point, but not sure what caused it. When I updated the weather in a particular city, the home page showed 14 degrees, but the real temp was about 56 if you went to the weather tab (no it wasnt showing celsius, cause the same prob existed when i switched to celsius as well) Tried to reboot, and still the same thing. So later when I left that city, I updated it again, and it was normal. Weird...

Last edited by machek; 01-22-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

machek is becoming a great contributor
Smile Re: Verizon Win6.5 out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by machek View Post
I'm pretty excited about this rom, I installed HD walls, Clear gray box behind the clock, no curtains, and the no dirty rain cab (the thing that makes your screen clear rather then dark when running other backrounds and showing the rain animation), backround for all tabs, and the phone looks awesome and works great!! I actually got sent a refirb because my phone, well I dont want to re-live it, but lets just say doesnt work anymore. The cool thing is the refirb ran lower ram then the original one I had. I sat at about 80% usage on the old one, before mods, and this one ran 50% before mods!! After installing this 6.5, I'm running 50% at start, then maybe runs up to 63% after a few hours!! I could never run that low with my old phone. I wonder if the no push internet cab will make it run even lower??

Did find one glitch at one point, but not sure what caused it. When I updated the weather in a particular city, the home page showed 14 degrees, but the real temp was about 56 if you went to the weather tab (no it wasnt showing celsius, cause the same prob existed when i switched to celsius as well) Tried to reboot, and still the same thing. So later when I left that city, I updated it again, and it was normal. Weird...

And i know some are havin issues with batteries, but I'm running 12 hours so far off the charger, using it for streaming music, multiple phone calls, some Bing stuff, and a little MyPlayer TV, and I'm at 50% battery at this point.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 now imagio until the next one
Carrier: verizon

moc426 is becoming a great contributor

verizon made it official, they are now linking to the upgrade

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/htc_touchpro2.html
Old 01-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Pharodox is a n00b

I hate Sprint for taking so long to release these updates, although I love them for their Data speeds!!!
Old 01-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 8925
Carrier: ATT

mattcoa is a n00b

With the phone locked, a call comes in. I slide the answer bar to the left so the entire bar is green. but the call doesn't connect. anyone else experience this problem?
Old 01-23-2010, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

razgriz1138 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to razgriz1138

Is anyone else having an issue after the Verizon upgrade...for some reason, last night my phone ran out of battery, so when I restarted it this morning, it wouldn't boot fully....after multiple tries, I finally got it up and it was extreamly slow, and for some reason it had over 2500 messages in my Yahoo mail and wouldn't let me change the settings since it was in use. So I turned off the radio, still wouldn't let me check the settings, so I reboot, and now it crashes upon bootup, it locks most of the time before even getting into Sense. I'm about to hard Reset the phone, but anyone else see this?

Razgriz
Old 01-23-2010, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

microdot is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to microdot

the only issue i have had since the upgrade is battery life. I dont now why but i barely get a full day after a full charge. That can't be normal. I have wifi and bluetooth turned off. Is there a fix for this or any suggestions. Please help.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The previous "unsanctioned"(by verizon) 6.5 release was kinda buggy and sluggish when I tried it back on the 7th so I took it off. Do those that have this "sanctioned"(by verizon) release notice any better operating(smoothness,less slugish) or do you not see any diff? Was wondering if I should give it another go, just hesitating as my current rom(6.1 oem) is nicely configured.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt View Post
Yes, the fix will work on this update. Even if tethering tracking is enabled, you will be taken to a Verizon page asking you to add a tethering package, not just charged without your knowledge.
Was this "tethering tracking" thing on the 6.1oem also , or is this a new add in by verizon?
Old 01-23-2010, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

msh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to msh441 Send a message via Yahoo to msh441

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
The previous "unsanctioned"(by verizon) 6.5 release was kinda buggy and sluggish when I tried it back on the 7th so I took it off. Do those that have this "sanctioned"(by verizon) release notice any better operating(smoothness,less slugish) or do you not see any diff?
You are assuming these are somehow different ROM's? The .zip file from the PCD site suggests it's ROM 3.04.605.3, with radio build 2.23.00WV (so the exact same as it's been since the page was leaked). The file also suggests that the .zipped ROM installer was last modified on 11/18/09 at 5:02 PM. Bottom line: if you got it then, or get it now,you've got the same ROM.

I will say though, that I too thought it was a dog for the first couple days. Slow and really laggy. It's picked up since then and I've seen some suggestions that that's natural for a freash ROM flash. Takes time/use to get the ROM sync'd up/used to the device.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2