PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 03:39 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Win6.5 out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overproof View Post
What exactly does it mean when you are on 1x during calls?
3G is turned off during calls. All voice is over the 1x network.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVo 4g LTE
Carrier: SPRINT

downsouthballa is becoming a great contributor

i put Rom on my sprint pro2 and works great. will use until sprint 6.5 comes out.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

exmeaguy is just getting started

Does the Verizon 6.5 upgrade install include any software apps?
Old 01-14-2010, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Overproof is keeping up the good workOverproof is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
3G is turned off during calls. All voice is over the 1x network.
Oh, well I have been on 1X non-stop during calls since the upgrade, is there a way to fix that? this wasn't the case on 6.1.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You could go back to the 1.88.xxxx radio. I found it to be the better radio rf wise for me.YMMV as always.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Hmmm, well let me look around and see how i'd go about that, thanks for the info guys!
Old 01-14-2010, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II (WM6.5, MR2), Nokia 2630, Nokia 1661
Carrier: Verizon, Vodafone, T-Mobile

constitutionalist is becoming a great contributor
Cool Re: Verizon Win6.5 out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefJerky View Post

5) Messaging
I have one issue with the built-in WM text messaging (*not* the TF3D app). If I go into a thread with a lot of messages then hit OK to get out of it, the app will freeze for awhile. It goes back to the previous screen, but is unresponsive for anywhere from 10 seconds to 1 minute, depending on how many text messages are in that thread. That never happened with the 6.1 ROM. It is annoying as heck, but isn't a deal breaker.

On that last note, does anyone know of a good way to prune old text messages and call logs? I need to keep recent ones, while discarding the old. Windows Mobile doesn't seem to have anything aside from deleting them all. Thanks!
I don't know how to delete just the older messages, but a workaround for the slowdown is to do this: For threads you know will lag when you exit, hit your call-end button instead of of "OK". This will take you back to the Home screen. Use task manager to close your SMS app, then hit your mail key to go back in. As weird as this sounds, its a LOT quicker than waiting on it to stop grieving over the fact you dared to have a few messages in a given thread.

HTH

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

akavalerie is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeszekely View Post
Does this help, even if you don't use IE? I noticed on 6.1 that after I disabled push internet and fixed the registry to have the X button force Opera to quit, I was starting my phone with about 46% memory usage from a soft reset, and before it was in the 60s. Before those fixes, I'd do a soft reset every other day or so when memory usage got close to 80%.

Today, I did the 6.5 update. I installed the no push cab, and I did the same registry fixes. After reinstalling my other cabs (which I don't actually have a lot of) and my contacts, I did another soft reset. Since that soft reset, all I'd done today was two phone calls, a handful of texts, checked my email, and updated the weather tab. Then later at a friend's house, I was checking the price of a book at Amazon using Opera. After I'd closed it, I wanted to make sure it was closed so I opened the mini task manager and was shocked to see that my memory usage was at 71% with no apps running.

Anyway, I put these changes into the registry, then did another soft reset. Memory's right at 46%. I'll see where it's at later.
Is there a post somewhere that shows how to make these registry changes? I'm sort of a newbie so don't want to mess anything up. I don't even know where to find the registry data on my phone. Thanks...
Old 01-14-2010, 05:17 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overproof View Post
Oh, well I have been on 1X non-stop during calls since the upgrade, is there a way to fix that? this wasn't the case on 6.1.
With any CDMA phone you will be in 1x during calls. You were like this on the 6.1 rom you just didn't notice.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ah, thanks for the info then, i would have hated to screw my phone up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2