PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Which Manila on VZW 6.5 Update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidwolf908 View Post
I promise that Ido not intend to disrespect, but if this is true, why does it seem so many people are running 2.5 now and using bignadad's tweaks and customizations? Does 2.5 really slow down the tp2's functionality that much?

If I knew I could do all the same cool stuff with 2.1 that is possible with 2.5, I wouldn't feel bad about using 2.1.
I run 2.5 also and I know exactly how much slower it is then sense 2.1 and I know exactly how much more ram that it uses. I have programs close because i often have too many programs running, this only happens with 2.5. if they used the exact same amount of ram and it ran the same, nobody would be using 2.1. sense 2.1 has no advantages over 2.5 (other then less ram usage, and 2.1 messaging if you're on sprint, but you can have 2.1 messaging on 2.5). 2.5 also has the best music player, and the new htc messaging.
Google is the next skynet

Last edited by p-slim; 01-04-2010 at 08:42 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
I know that there are several programs to backup our devices (SPB Backup, Sprite, Sashimi), but do any of them offer a clone-type backup so that I could easily flash back to my stock ROM and it's customizations if I didn't like a cooked ROM?

I guess I could just use SPB Backup to backup my data and settings and then flash back to stock ROM and then run the backup...

Would this be the best way?
Use SPB Backup ONLY if you plan to backup your stock ROM, test drive a custom one, then flash back to stock and restore that one. NEVER use SPB Backup to backup a stock ROM and restore to a custom one. Doing so will result in a jacked up registry with a bunch of .dll issues. Sashimi is the better option for the second scenario
Old 01-04-2010, 08:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

kidwolf908 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I run 2.5 also and I know exactly how much slower it is then sense 2.1 and I know exactly how much more ram that it uses. I have programs close because i often have too many programs running, this only happens with 2.5. if they used the exact same amount of ram and it ran the same, nobody would be using 2.1. sense 2.1 has no advantages over 2.5 (other then less ram usage, and 2.1 messaging if you're on sprint, but you can have 2.1 messaging on 2.5). 2.5 also has the best music player, and the new htc messaging.
How much RAM do you have free upon boot with 2.5? As for messaging, on my 6.1 stock rom, all I ever use is the winmo sms/mms app because the HTC app is too slow.

So even though 2.5 is noticeably slower for you, you still prefer it over 2.1?

How slow is it? I really like my transitions and such to be fluid :-\
Old 01-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
How much RAM do you have free upon boot with 2.5? As for messaging, on my 6.1 stock rom, all I ever use is the winmo sms/mms app because the HTC app is too slow.

So even though 2.5 is noticeably slower for you, you still prefer it over 2.1?

How slow is it? I really like my transitions and such to be fluid :-\
I exaggerated, its not slow because once you use it, it starts using up all your ram. But the music player for instance comes up slower then 2.1, but programs do run at about the same speed.

on fresh boot, i'm at 61%, slide to the right a couple of times but don't open any programs i'm at 67%
Old 01-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW HTC Touch Pro 2 XV6875
Carrier: Big Red

brent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

WOW. I can't believe I missed this thread.
I work for VZW and have access to pre-release ROM's.

NOW !!! BEFORE YOU ASK - NO I WILL NOT GIVE IT TO YOU, SO PLEASE DON'T ASK - I LIKE MY JOB WAY TOO MUCH FOR THAT.

With that being said, I have been running the VZW 6.5 ROM for the TP2 for quite a while now. And...

the answer is....

Sense 2.1

Yup... VZW has been kind enough only to grace the WinMo 6.5 for the TP2 with SenseUI 2.1

Sorry...

Attached are screenshots of a 100% stock VZW TP2 running the 6.5 rom.

NOTE: This DOES have the weather clock, but this device is not active and I didn't have WiFi available so there is no way to update it.

Last edited by brent372; 01-04-2010 at 11:08 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

kidwolf908 is becoming a great contributor

Wow

@brent372 - Thanks for letting me know man, even though it's crappy news... so it's just like the stock Imagio ROM then?

I guess I'll be looking more seriously into flashing then. The only thing I worry about is all the bugs and fixes that cooked ROM's require.

I think I'll start a new thread with a poll to see which Sense 2.5 ROM most people like.

Thanks everyone!

EDIT: BRENT, does the 6.5 upgrade with sense 2.1 at least have landscape working in all tabs?

Last edited by kidwolf908; 01-04-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent372

NOW !!! BEFORE YOU ASK - NO I WILL NOT GIVE IT TO YOU, SO PLEASE DON'T ASK - I LIKE MY JOB WAY TOO MUCH FOR THAT.

With that being said, I have been running the VZW 6.5 ROM for the TP2 for quite a while now. And...

the answer is....

Sense 2.1

Yup... VZW has been kind enough only to grace the WinMo 6.5 for the TP2 with SenseUI 2.1

Sorry...

NOTE: This DOES have the weather clock, but this device is not active and I didn't have WiFi available so there is no way to update it.

the most good that will come from a VZW 6.5 rom is so chef's can grab any other 6.5's OEM's they may want. If its anything like the 6.1 vzw rom and most other stock carriers, of course it cant hold a candle to the updated roms in these forums. hopefully its decent though. thanks for the screen shots.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 01-05-2010, 12:03 AM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

I'm a fan of Energy roms myself. Im using 28011

Quote:
So now that Sense 2.5 has full landscape support (as of build 1922), do you believe Verizon will finally roll out their 6.5 update with Sense 2.5 included?

I am really excited about getting to use MaxManila and WM6.5 FINALLY, but I am hesitant about flashing to custom ROM's given the variety of issues people experience with them (mms, hard resets, etc.). However, I don't want to wait for Verizon to release their 6.5 Update only to find out it's Sense 2.1 like the Imagio.

What do you guys think? Is it worth waiting for Verizon? Are any cooked ROM's with 2.5 landscape worth trying?

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW HTC Touch Pro 2 XV6875
Carrier: Big Red

brent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
so it's just like the stock Imagio ROM then?

EDIT: BRENT, does the 6.5 upgrade with sense 2.1 at least have landscape working in all tabs?
Not at all like the Imagio... Imagio is WinMo 6.5 with TF3D 2.0 (not even 2.1 and certainly not SenseUI)

What do you mean Lanscape in all tabs?
Old 01-05-2010, 12:07 AM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

Yea well, i'll load it just for an updated radio but will switch back lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent372 View Post

the answer is....

Sense 2.1

Sorry...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2